Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I fear that you may be correct, but what we do know is that after next season the RMF type funding is finished for all clubs.
Mentioned it somewhere else on here, but given the streaming/IPTV situation, I wonder what Sky/BT/whoever will bid for the next round of TV rights in the UK.
May be wrong, but historically the figure is determined at the start of the year prior to the rights running out - early next year possibly.

In certain respects, it's nice to see the club finally working as a functioning business - debt cleared, less shady funding, profit that is then reinvested - but bar a freak Leicester type season, it leaves us with the also-rans.

New TV deal very interesting. Do you think it will charge up again?

In the general sense right now, i think you have a point about the owner, but then this summer is the marker as to whether that is true or not.

For all we know Walsh could bring in 3-4 players he has spent 12 months scouting and they turn out to be really good for the team. similarly the club could back up the manager and sign him some actually quality players with the huge windfall coming in. Admittedly the net spend might not be negative if we get some of the fees being mentioned, but that is still 100 million or so invested into the first team, you would hope we do some good with it.
No big net spend + drop off in PL places next season = Moshiri in big trouble at tis club

:)
In certain respects, it's nice to see the club finally working as a functioning business - debt cleared, less shady funding, profit that is then reinvested - but bar a freak Leicester type season, it leaves us with the also-rans.

New TV deal very interesting. Do you think it will charge up again?
I suppose operating as a functioning business is what FFP in it's PL and UEFA guises are all about. Sickens me that we're doing it though.(bloody phone)
The TV deal for the UK is interesting given thst in the last 5 weeks Sky(but not BT) have blocked it to Openbox and other "non-standard" Sky boxes, so it may hold up. Can I declare myself a definitely don't know on this one?

:)
I suppose operating as a functioning business is what FFP in it's PL and UEFA guises are all about. Sickens me that we're doing it though.(bloody phone)
The TV deal for the UK is interesting given thst in the last 5 weeks Sky(but not BT) have blocked it to Openbox and other "non-standard" Sky boxes, so it may hold up. Can I declare myself a definitely don't know on this one?

I can see some new challengers entering the fray myself, not sure who, but I suspect somebody will be looking to challenge that Sky monopoly.

No big net spend + drop off in PL places next season = Moshiri in big trouble at tis club

Big trouble from who?

The record amount of ST holders?

He will be fine while he retains his "Kenwright and Elstone shield".

To be fair Dave the goat has a good point there. The blame will always be pointed at Bill and Rob rather than Moshiri in any scenario. Hell personally most of my worries about the summer revolve around them two being in charge of things.

To be fair Dave the goat has a good point there. The blame will always be pointed at Bill and Rob rather than Moshiri in any scenario. Hell personally most of my worries about the summer revolve around them two being in charge of things.

They both got blamed last summer.

The stories about how Bill wants to do the talking, its Bills fault we didnt sign such and such, for all his faults, NEVER, EVER underestimate the PR Moshiri brings, his PR game is utterly on point.

The Teflon Billionaire.

Dont blame me mate. I'm not dastardly or wumming anyone.

What you and others cant seem to handle is the unalloyed truth of the matter: this feller Moshiri has not shoved us one metre further forward than before he arrived...worse in fact in terms of squad spending.

We have a competent if dull manager
A stadium scheme still at the ideas stage
Star players looking to get out

Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me I'm over egging the pudding on those issues.

"We have a competent if dull manager" - A big improvement on the last one

"A stadium scheme still at the ideas stage" -
Thank Christ we're not moving to Kirkby in the Tesco Arena

"Star players looking to get out" - Get used to it. Unless you're Real / Barca, this is always going to be the case. Look at UTD (Ronaldo), Spurs (Bale), Liverpool (Suarez) & the list goes on.

Davek I get that you're trying to look at things logically & not get carried away like everybody else but to say that "this feller Moshiri has not shoved us one metre further forward than before he arrived, or worse!" is very unfair & incorrect.

I recognize improvement, as do many. We've not become the City / Chelsea overnight, but there's definite improvements and movement in the right direction.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back