Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Forgive if I'm wrong but I remember BK always saying he was never looking for a buyer but more of an invester as he was worried of incidents like Blackburn, Leeds etc?
In fairness, he's done nothing thus far other than to act as an investor. It's more cautious than I would have liked, but the fact that he's put 80mil of his own into the club which ranks behind football creditors (PL rule), has no interest or charges attached to it isn't to be sneezed at is it?

In fairness, he's done nothing thus far other than to act as an investor. It's more cautious than I would have liked, but the fact that he's put 80mil of his own into the club which ranks behind football creditors (PL rule), has no interest or charges attached to it isn't to be sneezed at is it?

David has labelled the 80m interest free loan with no repayment date as nothing sadly Hibbo.

The promise of a complete reboot of this club that many were talking of and stoked by Moshiri himself with his talk of 'giving what I have' to the club.

That is all in the bin now. We now know what we have: a man who will use player trading cash and tv cash to keep the squad ticking over and look to leverage a massive debt onto the club to fund a new stadium.

That reality is hard to bear, I realise. But it is nevertheless a reality.
So what hasn't he given?
Brought stability, debt and charge free. That's an awful lot to bring if you ask me.

I agree and we are in a better place than before he arrived.

The mention of a billionaire buying Everton only raised hopes higher than he could possibly deliver on.

He'll get the £80M back by hook or by crook, either repayment or capitalizing his shares.

So you've been completely confounded by the technical argument you were digging ever deeper to bluff your way out of, and so now you just resort to pure speculation to try to justify your out-on-a-limb stance.

Classic Davek - arrant gibberish.

So what hasn't he given?
Brought stability, debt and charge free. That's an awful lot to bring if you ask me.
Brought stability? Bit abstract. You'll have to unpack that one. I see a club that can't keep its best players.

Debt and charge free. This club will end up with the thick end of £400m to pay back if that stadium ever sees the light of day. And let's not finesse this settling of the long term debt as an act of largesse. He will get that back in one way or another.

So you've been completely confounded by the technical argument you were digging ever deeper to bluff your way out of, and so now you just resort to pure speculation to try to justify your out-on-a-limb stance.

Classic Davek - arrant gibberish.

When do this happen?

Brought stability? Bit abstract. You'll have to unpack that one. I see a club that can't keep its best players.

Debt and charge free. This club will end up with the thick end of £400m to pay back if that stadium ever sees the light of day. And let's not finesse this settling of the long term debt as an act of largesse. He will get that back in one way or another.
Stability to the balance sheet in order we can even think of a new stadium.
Don't know what size the debt will be, but if there is a naming rights deal of say 10 mil a year that will cover a fair proportion of it.
I don't claim to be ITK, but the debt itself, by using the council as an enabler is relatively cheap with regards to interest.
No one has said settling of the Pru Loan was an act of largesse, it was a necessary step to enable either a move from,or re-development of Goodison.
You are always going to put a negative spin on whatever gets done at EFC, either that or you're looking for a bite.
Enjoy

I swear you're just a WUM. You absolutely have to be cos no one in their right mind could come up with the tosh that you do and be serious about it. Well played. No1 WUMmer 2016/17. Had us all going there for a while.

Moshiri will prove his worth to us despite what WUM boy here says. No doubts from me.

I think Dave gets a bad press, sure he sees no good in anything, but what you have to bear in mind that currently hes posting from a position of strength, the brave new world hasnt arrived yet, I mean sure its not as bad as Dave is making out, we hope, but the fundamental points he makes, currently carry a little water.

I think Dave gets a bad press, sure he sees no good in anything, but what you have to bear in mind that currently hes posting from a position of strength, the brave new world hasnt arrived yet, I mean sure its not as bad as Dave is making out, we hope, but the fundamental points he makes, currently carry a little water.
I shouldn't have even replied. He just makes me bloody mad.

Sorry Dave.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back