Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The promise of a complete reboot of this club that many were talking of and stoked by Moshiri himself with his talk of 'giving what I have' to the club.

That is all in the bin now. We now know what we have: a man who will use player trading cash and tv cash to keep the squad ticking over and look to leverage a massive debt onto the club to fund a new stadium.

That reality is hard to bear, I realise. But it is nevertheless a reality.
I'd say the promise of a complete reboot, such as replacing the board with those on the level of David Dein, only came from 'ITK' fantasies.
What Mosh did implicitly promise was major investment in players. That was simply a marketing strategy it appears.
Nevertheless the project, thus far at least, is working in that we've improved our league performance, are more solid financially, have greater visibility and a real chance of a new stadium.
If we hadn't been sold the war chest myth there'd be a lot less disgruntlement.

Right, you're so wrong.

Off the field, we have improved our commercial revenue and future prospects. We have no debt. We have regenerated Goodison and have also finally got a firm idea of the new ground and we are making huge steps - why did you think a ground would be sorted so quickly? It's a massive project that is going to take a lot of time if we're to do it right.

On the pitch, we've invested in both the squad and management, and have improved and are back in Europe.

So, yes, it has changed.

You're basically going back to 'nothing has changed' because Everton haven't yet signed anybody before the window has opened. You're basing it on transfers only.

If we bring in £80m (let's say) for Rom, then that covers a good 4-5 players of the approx 7/8 we need.

We have a manager adept at making the best of big squad turnover to ensure that shouldn't be an issue.

Not to sound too pedantic here but, where is the proof of these solid improvements off the pitch? It is all well and good saying it has happened but where is the proof? I am not disputing it has happened, there is no hard evidence other than what select sources have told us.

Which is my point in all honesty. There is nothing evidence based out there really for Fans to grasp on to. They have hope or pessimism on the subject. If the club had released a official statement saying it is debt free for example then that would be solid proof. If there is proof then please share it as i would like to see it myself.

I am sure i have asked this before, although i may not have on here. Where is the positive result from all these positive things off the pitch? If the club is debt free as you say, which again i am not disputing, then where has all the money got to? Where is the TV money? the sponsorship money? The training ground money? If we are increasing income but not actually doing anything on the pitch with it then why should us fans care? Reading is a very well run club financially, means nothing to fans in the championship though, it doesn't reflect on the pitch so as a fan that is 90% of your team.

Not to sound too pedantic here but, where is the proof of these solid improvements off the pitch? It is all well and good saying it has happened but where is the proof? I am not disputing it has happened, there is no hard evidence other than what select sources have told us.

Which is my point in all honesty. There is nothing evidence based out there really for Fans to grasp on to. They have hope or pessimism on the subject. If the club had released a official statement saying it is debt free for example then that would be solid proof. If there is proof then please share it as i would like to see it myself.

I am sure i have asked this before, although i may not have on here. Where is the positive result from all these positive things off the pitch? If the club is debt free as you say, which again i am not disputing, then where has all the money got to? Where is the TV money? the sponsorship money? The training ground money? If we are increasing income but not actually doing anything on the pitch with it then why should us fans care? Reading is a very well run club financially, means nothing to fans in the championship though, it doesn't reflect on the pitch so as a fan that is 90% of your team.

Eh?

We have a new sponsor.

We have the land for a new ground secured.

We have the balance sheets to prove the debt has been paid off.

We have a training ground sponsor with work going on there.

It's not 'select sources'. These are official club announcements...

Eh?

We have a new sponsor.

Having land secured means nothing if there is no bricks being laid. We had space allocated twice before and see where that got us!

the debts were paid off with a loan from Moshiri which means the debt still exists, just to Moshiri rather than exclusively to the club. Which means we are still paying for it, simply not being channeled though the clubs channels.
The training ground / sponsorships deals are again not worth dancing about if the money does not go into the team at all. What is the point in having significant investment into a 'debt free' club if we end up selling to buy come the summer? That is not an expectancy on my front for silly money to be spent, simply the fact that the longer the board make no money available for transfers the longer it does not benefit the club where it needs to.

The bread and butter of this club is the team. You can stick your financial this and that wherever you want, but if the team does not get investment as a result then a debt free club and new sponsor mean nothing if we got relegated because the team isn't very good.

So what i am trying to say is basically the team is the most important part of this club no matter what else you factor into the equation. Right now there is only hope in that being addressed in the summer, or pessamism that it won't be, that is all. Sportspesa on out shirts is meaningless if it is the likes of valencia running round in the shirt.

Eh?

We have a new sponsor.

You're fighting a losing battle bud, I literally have no idea what proof people want. It's all in black and white, unless people see £500m doubled on players they'll always question the investment.

The club has changed dramatically over the last 12 months, not a peep is getting out and the club is moving things along like any other business, making the necessary changes to ensure it is on a strong business setting

Having land secured means nothing if there is no bricks being laid. We had space allocated twice before and see where that got us!

the debts were paid off with a loan from Moshiri which means the debt still exists, just to Moshiri rather than exclusively to the club. Which means we are still paying for it, simply not being channeled though the clubs channels.
The training ground / sponsorships deals are again not worth dancing about if the money does not go into the team at all. What is the point in having significant investment into a 'debt free' club if we end up selling to buy come the summer? That is not an expectancy on my front for silly money to be spent, simply the fact that the longer the board make no money available for transfers the longer it does not benefit the club where it needs to.

The bread and butter of this club is the team. You can stick your financial this and that wherever you want, but if the team does not get investment as a result then a debt free club and new sponsor mean nothing if we got relegated because the team isn't very good.

So what i am trying to say is basically the team is the most important part of this club no matter what else you factor into the equation. Right now there is only hope in that being addressed in the summer, or pessamism that it won't be, that is all. Sportspesa on out shirts is meaningless if it is the likes of valencia running round in the shirt.

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds.

Without all the "meaningless stuff" you mention we would not have a stable balance sheet to allow us to invest accordingly.

Basically you're bitching because moshiri hasn't handed Koeman £800m to invest in players, that's the base of your entire argument

Stability to the balance sheet in order we can even think of a new stadium.
Don't know what size the debt will be, but if there is a naming rights deal of say 10 mil a year that will cover a fair proportion of it.
I don't claim to be ITK, but the debt itself, by using the council as an enabler is relatively cheap with regards to interest.
No one has said settling of the Pru Loan was an act of largesse, it was a necessary step to enable either a move from,or re-development of Goodison.
You are always going to put a negative spin on whatever gets done at EFC, either that or you're looking for a bite.
Enjoy

£10M per year over 40 years = £400M?

Spurs - a club with better on-field prospects than us - are hoping to get that for a London based stadium. We'd get nowhere near that. West Ham are looking for a £4M per year deal on naming rights.

That figure of yours is fanciful to say the least.

Whatever Moshiri has spent out (on shares and the Pru debt) has been to clear a way through for his one and only reason for being here: build a stadium and sell up and get out. It's purely self serving, and he wont care about the future repayments on it.

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds.

Without all the "meaningless stuff" you mention we would not have a stable balance sheet to allow us to invest accordingly.

Basically you're bitching because moshiri hasn't handed Koeman £800m to invest in players, that's the base of your entire argument
Not at all. I am saying it means nothing if the team does not recieve the investment to go along side the better balance sheet.

Can you see us spending anything other than the incoming fees this summer? Can you see us taking advantage of the FFP leeway? Means nothing if the the balance sheet is looking fantastic if the team does not benefit from it.

I'd say the promise of a complete reboot, such as replacing the board with those on the level of David Dein, only came from 'ITK' fantasies.
What Mosh did implicitly promise was major investment in players. That was simply a marketing strategy it appears.
Nevertheless the project, thus far at least, is working in that we've improved our league performance, are more solid financially, have greater visibility and a real chance of a new stadium.
If we hadn't been sold the war chest myth there'd be a lot less disgruntlement.
Improved league position wasn't difficult and it was a few places gained

We are no better off in financial terms than we were. Where is the investment? Where are the new deals on sponsorship? USM? Really? Who knows. We know the shirt deal is poor.

How do we have greater visibility? I dont recognise that claim.

A real chance at a new stadium is a claim that could have been made for the last 15 years off and on.

Not at all. I am saying it means nothing if the team does not recieve the investment to go along side the better balance sheet.

Can you see us spending anything other than the incoming fees this summer? Can you see us taking advantage of the FFP leeway? Means nothing if the the balance sheet is looking fantastic if the team does not benefit from it.

Yes I can, I think we'll go into next season with a much stronger squad and money will be spent.

We were a poorly run business for decades, we were left behind so all these improvements are as necessary as improving the team because they are the backbone of the business.

There's no point in spending money if the process behind it can't sustain it. The balance sheet needs to be strong

Yes I can, I think we'll go into next season with a much stronger squad and money will be spent.

We were a poorly run business for decades, we were left behind so all these improvements are as necessary as improving the team because they are the backbone of the business.

There's no point in spending money if the process behind it can't sustain it. The balance sheet needs to be strong

No denying this, after years of asset stripping the balance sheet is going to take some serious work.

Have we bought back Finch Farm? I remember we had the option to a year or two ago?

I really do think many would be happy with this process of fixing the wrongs of Bill tenure and there's a lot to do but as I've said a lot why feed us with false hope that's what has annoyed me not the fact we haven't spent 100 Million etc.

When do this happen?

8 year old kid in playground walks up to 6 year old in front of whole school and snatches his sherbet dib-dab off him.

6 year old runs off to teacher and cries: 'Miss! Davek stole my sweets off me!'

Teacher goes over to 8 year old: 'Davek did you take his sweets away?'

8 year old: 'No Miss, he's lying.'

Rinse and repeat 10 times a day...

No denying this, after years of asset stripping the balance sheet is going to take some serious work.

Have we bought back Finch Farm? I remember we had the option to a year or two ago?

I really do think many would be happy with this process of fixing the wrongs of Bill tenure and there's a lot to do but as I've said a lot why feed us with false hope that's what has annoyed me not the fact we haven't spent 100 Million etc.

But that never came from the club mate, it came from the media and so called ITKs

As you've said the fixing takes time, the club needs to be in a place to operate like any other business

But that never came from the club mate, it came from the media and so called ITKs

As you've said the fixing takes time, the club needs to be in a place to operate like any other business

I will argue differently, the media just don't make stuff up like some believe they get fed stuff and I fully believe they were fed it that's all.

I agree it's going to take sometime but we've got to stay in touching distance we can't afford to fall behind

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back