Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Improved league position wasn't difficult and it was a few places gained

We are no better off in financial terms than we were. Where is the investment? Where are the new deals on sponsorship? USM? Really? Who knows. We know the shirt deal is poor.

How do we have greater visibility? I dont recognise that claim.

A real chance at a new stadium is a claim that could have been made for the last 15 years off and on.
It was difficult, when you realise the last 2 seasons we were closer to relegation than to 7th.

Do you expect Moshiri to just throw money around? You've been an advocate of careful spending and wise investment, but now it's not good enough to do exactly that? Shirt deal is the 'best in our history', USM is a good sponsorship for FF, we actually are still with Chang as a community sponsor, which means we still get money.

The last 15 years on and off it wasn't like this though, was it? When did the club officially state about land being purchased, or make surveys about the new stadium?

£10M per year over 40 years = £400M?

Spurs - a club with better on-field prospects than us - are hoping to get that for a London based stadium. We'd get nowhere near that. West Ham are looking for a £4M per year deal on naming rights.

That figure of yours is fanciful to say the least.

Whatever Moshiri has spent out (on shares and the Pru debt) has been to clear a way through for his one and only reason for being here: build a stadium and sell up and get out. It's purely self serving, and he wont care about the future repayments on it.
If.
Big word if.
What are we getting for Finch Farm per year, 4 mil?
Tell you what Dave, you be happy in your misery and I'll be equally happy in my relatively mild optimism.

Well sorry they do but not all the time haha
Wasn't a dig like, but I did smile when I read it lol

I get what you're saying, but I'm of the opposite opinion - media equations are usually "he has X amount" + "the team didn't before" = "INCOMING WARCHEST 500000000 GORILLION POUNDS TO BE SPENT!!!1". Agree to disagree basically, like

It was difficult, when you realise the last 2 seasons we were closer to relegation than to 7th.

Do you expect Moshiri to just throw money around? You've been an advocate of careful spending and wise investment, but now it's not good enough to do exactly that? Shirt deal is the 'best in our history', USM is a good sponsorship for FF, we actually are still with Chang as a community sponsor, which means we still get money.

The last 15 years on and off it wasn't like this though, was it? When did the club officially state about land being purchased, or make surveys about the new stadium?
What?!

If.
Big word if.
What are we getting for Finch Farm per year, 4 mil?
Tell you what Dave, you be happy in your misery and I'll be equally happy in my relatively mild optimism.

You think we'll equal what Spurs will get for their stadium on naming rights? Really? Ok.

We cant even get a decent shirt sponsorship deal that matches a club like Spurs.

What you offer isn't mild optimism mate, it's a Pollyanna version of reality.

£400M naming rights. The stadium pays for itself.

Unreal.

You think we'll equal what Spurs will get for their stadium on naming rights? Really? Ok.

We cant even get a decent shirt sponsorship deal that matches a club like Spurs.

Unreal.
You''re right, and I apologise unreservedly.

Can we meet up for a bleach drinking session?

How do we have greater visibility? I dont recognise that claim.

A real chance at a new stadium is a claim that could have been made for the last 15 years off and on.
We got a Sky day. Commentators often refer to our (imaginary) spending power and occasionally to us as part of a top 7. There's Jim White :-)
We have a better chance. We've always failed at funding but this time we've secured a favourable deal from the council that should help and the much better connected Mosh has proven he can bring together a Liverpool targrted investment consortium in relation to the liver building.

Unreal.
Essentially what you continuously post is defeatism posing as realism. Chin up mate !

We got a Sky day. Commentators often refer to our (imaginary) spending power and occasionally to us as part of a top 7. There's Jim White :)
We have a better chance. We've always failed at funding but this time we've secured a favourable deal from the council that should help and the much better connected Mosh has proven he can bring together a Liverpool targrted investment consortium in relation to the liver building.

I'm not averse to acknowledging that things could come good under Moshiri. I just dont see any evidence that it is at the moment or is imminent.

I dont think anyone can claim the contrary.

Essentially what you continuously post is defeatism posing as realism. Chin up mate !
It's not defeatism. It's a counterpoint to the claims (that have no foundation to them) that we are moving upward.

I'm right in that. If you care to label it defeatist then that's your take on it.

I (vaguely, to be truthful) remember you stating you don't want our owner to be an oil sheikh type and we should preserve the image we have of a family club, which we are doing while still growing. I know you'll say "hur dur it's the esk", but here's his analysis https://theesk.org/2017/06/01/do-we-have-a-transfer-war-chest-this-summer/ and he does know finance.

Also good on you for not addressing the rest of the post. Won't wait up for that however, as it's classic you.

The escrow's an arm's-length intermediary/facilitator. Prudent imo given that football is such big business nowadays.
But part in me suspects the whole business is pertinent toward financial matters/asset play bigger than Everton.
We are a cloak?
My point was it seems strange to have 40m (ish) sat with an escrow agent to be honest, and it is more normal for a charge to be registered by a related party.
I suppose in this case, it sort of makes sense using the agent due to the geographical location of the parties.
I don't think there is any chance of us being a cloak.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back