Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Dear Farhad

Get out of our club, all you've ever done for us is pay the extortionate amount to sack Martinez, the extortionate amount to hire Koeman and Walsh, pay to spruce up Goodison, clear the debt, saving us 6 or so million a year in interest alone, produced a net spend of 20 something million, agreed to buy land on the docks for a new stadium and hire one of the most famous stadium architects in the world to design it.

We want to go back to having just Bill and Bob Earl in charge, where we still just pay out money for nothing, where we could be damn sure we have to sell to buy, we want to keep Bobby brown shoes and play attacking football that ultimately sees us lose 6-3, we liked how we could see rust running down the corrugated sheets of Goodison, there is no need for a big stadium on the docks as it's perfect now where we can't see how bad we are doing because the supports are blocking the pitch. We don't want to be travelling on Thursdays to far off places, we were much happier finishing 11th.

Signed Everton Fans.

The bloke has been here for just over a year, had two transfer windows. He owns less than half of this club. Christ on a bike get some perspective.
and dave

Dear Farhad

Get out of our club, all you've ever done for us is pay the extortionate amount to sack Martinez, EVERTON PAIDthe extortionate amount to hire Koeman and WalshEVERTON PAID, pay to spruce up Goodison, clear the debtTRANSFERRED THE DEBTsaving us 6 or so million a year in interest alone, produced a net spend of 20 something million, PEANUTSgreed to buy land on the docks for a new stadium ALL CONDITIONAL ON PLANNINGand hire one of the most famous stadium architects in the world to design it.WITHOUT INVESTING HIMSELF ONE PENNy

We want to go back to having just Bill and Bob Earl in charge, where we still just pay out money for nothing, where we could be damn sure we have to sell to buy, we want to keep Bobby brown shoes and play attacking football that ultimately sees us lose 6-3, we liked how we could see rust running down the corrugated sheets of Goodison, there is no need for a big stadium on the docks as it's perfect now where we can't see how bad we are doing because the supports are blocking the pitch. We don't want to be travelling on Thursdays to far off places, we were much happier finishing 11th.

Signed Everton Fans.

The bloke has been here for just over a year, had two transfer windows. He owns less than half of this club. Christ on a bike get some perspective.

Dear Farhad

Get out of our club, all you've ever done for us is pay the extortionate amount to sack Martinez, the extortionate amount to hire Koeman and Walsh, pay to spruce up Goodison, clear the debt, saving us 6 or so million a year in interest alone, produced a net spend of 20 something million, agreed to buy land on the docks for a new stadium and hire one of the most famous stadium architects in the world to design it.

Signed Everton Fans.

I agree with this letter to the club. I want a return to the days where the board pull out all the stops to authorise a deal to sign Tom Cleverley on a free, then we get told by our gaffer he's one of the greatest English players around.

Dear Farhad

Signed Everton Fans.

Ah, but mate...

What you and others cant seem to handle is the unalloyed truth of the matter: this feller Moshiri has not shoved us one metre further forward than before he arrived...worse in fact in terms of squad spending.

The fact is nothing has changed really for the club. Anything said that is negative towards the new regime is true, there has been no real investment,

... and what 95% of the posters on here fail to see is that this is FACHHHT, because the 5% virtuous ones can't physically see it.

ostrich-head-in-sand.webp

Which means you are happy to go back to the way things were?

The majority of us who are not at this point jumping on Moshiris back aren't posting saying 'Wow this is amazing, he is everything we could have hoped and wished for in a part owner'. He has however pushed us on commercially, raised our profile in the media, trying to move from Goodison, the playing staff are better than the previous season and more importantly our league position has improved. Whether he has sunk his own money or not. So all this 'nothing has changed', 'he's a fraud', blah blah is a load of old crap. You can question can he do more and is he here just to eventually sell us on for profit etc.

Time is the key in all of this, he could have blasted the transfer market for 2/3 windows and still turn out to be a bad owner. Just give it chance, in a couple of seasons we will all have a good idea of what he is like as owner.

Anything being written bad about him at the moment is pure speculation driven by agendas.

Which means you are happy to go back to the way things were?

The majority of us who are not at this point jumping on Moshiris back aren't posting saying 'Wow this is amazing, he is everything we could have hoped and wished for in a part owner'. He has however pushed us on commercially, raised our profile in the media, trying to move from Goodison, the playing staff are better than the previous season and more importantly our league position has improved. Whether he has sunk his own money or not. So all this 'nothing has changed', 'he's a fraud', blah blah is a load of old crap. You can question can he do more and is he here just to eventually sell us on for profit etc.

Time is the key in all of this, he could have blasted the transfer market for 2/3 windows and still turn out to be a bad owner. Just give it chance, in a couple of seasons we will all have a good idea of what he is like as owner.

Anything being written bad about him at the moment is pure speculation driven by agendas.
If things go as planned he will take 100m out of the club when he sells. Sorry but he's not a football man, he's just looking to make a fast buck.so maybe tHey all are, but let's not see him for anything other than a speculator

If Mosh or any alternative hadn't invested last year do you think we'd be worse off, better off or around the same?
For me it's clear we're better off despite the dissappointment of still operating on a player trading model. The interest free loan of £80m taken by itself has surely afforded us a more stable financial position irrelevant of anything else.
It wasn't a high bar for Moshiri to get over though was it?

I can see that the local authority has more belief in him than they would have had with Kenwright given his track record on bringing stadium schemes to fruition, but not much else looks like an improvement.

I would contend that at this moment in time neither of us can be 'right' or 'wrong' since the whole process is in its relative infancy. However their have undeniably been gradual and ongoing developments. Whether these represent moving upward is entirely subjective to your stance , mine is guardedly optimistic whilst yours is avowedly negative. It might strengthen your position if you occasionally allowed a shaft of light to pierce the darkness you inhabit.
I always do mate: I have stated a lot that he can still come good. But after well over a year we have the perfect right to offer a provisional conclusion on his performance. Mine is that he falls way short of being a great new custodian of the club. WAY SHORT.

I always do mate: I have stated a lot that he can still come good. But after well over a year we have the perfect right to offer a provisional conclusion on his performance. Mine is that he falls way short of being a great new custodian of the club. WAY SHORT.
But he's a good custodian, is he not?

Or would you prefer it's all Bill Kenwrong again and no Moshiri? I know which one I trust more, personally.

But he's a good custodian, is he not?

Or would you prefer it's all Bill Kenwrong again and no Moshiri? I know which one I trust more, personally.
My argument is that he's not much of an upgrade.

I judge on performance. If his gets better (as in a massive net spend this summer or a big 'spade in the ground' development on the stadium) then I'll reassess.

If things go as planned he will take 100m out of the club when he sells. Sorry but he's not a football man, he's just looking to make a fast buck.so maybe tHey all are, but let's not see him for anything other than a speculator

No one can know that for a fact as things stand. Maybe he is maybe he's not. If he turns out to be just in it for the money if he has added value to the club that another owner comes in and pays then why shouldn't he take some profits? People should only get aggrieved when someone does a bad job and still gets paid handsomely off the back of that.

Someone had to put the legwork in to bring us up to standards else prospect owners may start looking at clubs like Leicester instead. Say that figure is what he really is after, (100M) that will be generated through the increased revenues/performances of the team and having a new stadium. It's not like we have got that in a swag bag in the safe that he is going to pinch from us.

So what's the problem?

My argument is that he's not much of an upgrade.

I judge on performance. If his gets better (as in a massive net spend this summer or a big 'spade in the ground' development on the stadium) then I'll reassess.
Yeah but he can invest anywhere between 30-60m this summer (total of, say, 140 by september) and it'd still be great because of the windfall from Lukaku. However, you won't count that as he's not literally spent it out of his pocket.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back