Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I (vaguely, to be truthful) remember you stating you don't want our owner to be an oil sheikh type and we should preserve the image we have of a family club, which we are doing while still growing. I know you'll say "hur dur it's the esk", but here's his analysis https://theesk.org/2017/06/01/do-we-have-a-transfer-war-chest-this-summer/ and he does know finance.

Also good on you for not addressing the rest of the post. Won't wait up for that however, as it's classic you.
I wouldn't want the ethical baggage that goes with that money no. But there's a big gap between such people and an apparently (in wealth terms and in terms of investment) small time operator like Moshiri.

I think tommorrow when the window opens will be telling. Mosh said Lukaku is our player for 2 years or 100 million
the transfer is imminent in my opinion, so it better be 100 mil or like Bill we have been bent over and vaselined and nothing much has really changed

I'm not averse to acknowledging that things could come good under Moshiri. I just dont see any evidence that it is at the moment or is imminent.

I dont think anyone can claim the contrary.
If Mosh or any alternative hadn't invested last year do you think we'd be worse off, better off or around the same?
For me it's clear we're better off despite the dissappointment of still operating on a player trading model. The interest free loan of £80m taken by itself has surely afforded us a more stable financial position irrelevant of anything else.

I think tommorrow when the window opens will be telling. Mosh said Lukaku is our player for 2 years or 100 million
the transfer is imminent in my opinion, so it better be 100 mil or like Bill we have been bent over and vaselined and nothing much has really changed
Where did Moshiri say that mate ?

Must have missed it .

It's not defeatism. It's a counterpoint to the claims (that have no foundation to them) that we are moving upward.

I'm right in that. If you care to label it defeatist then that's your take on it.
I would contend that at this moment in time neither of us can be 'right' or 'wrong' since the whole process is in its relative infancy. However their have undeniably been gradual and ongoing developments. Whether these represent moving upward is entirely subjective to your stance , mine is guardedly optimistic whilst yours is avowedly negative. It might strengthen your position if you occasionally allowed a shaft of light to pierce the darkness you inhabit.

Dear Farhad

Get out of our club, all you've ever done for us is pay the extortionate amount to sack Martinez, the extortionate amount to hire Koeman and Walsh, pay to spruce up Goodison, clear the debt, saving us 6 or so million a year in interest alone, produced a net spend of 20 something million, agreed to buy land on the docks for a new stadium and hire one of the most famous stadium architects in the world to design it.

We want to go back to having just Bill and Bob Earl in charge, where we still just pay out money for nothing, where we could be damn sure we have to sell to buy, we want to keep Bobby brown shoes and play attacking football that ultimately sees us lose 6-3, we liked how we could see rust running down the corrugated sheets of Goodison, there is no need for a big stadium on the docks as it's perfect now where we can't see how bad we are doing because the supports are blocking the pitch. We don't want to be travelling on Thursdays to far off places, we were much happier finishing 11th.

Signed Everton Fans.

The bloke has been here for just over a year, had two transfer windows. He owns less than half of this club. Christ on a bike get some perspective.

Dear Farhad

Get out of our club, all you've ever done for us is pay the extortionate amount to sack Martinez, the extortionate amount to hire Koeman and Walsh, pay to spruce up Goodison, clear the debt, saving us 6 or so million a year in interest alone, produced a net spend of 20 something million, agreed to buy land on the docks for a new stadium and hire one of the most famous stadium architects in the world to design it.

We want to go back to having just Bill and Bob Earl in charge, where we still just pay out money for nothing, where we could be damn sure we have to sell to buy, we want to keep Bobby brown shoes and play attacking football that ultimately sees us lose 6-3, we liked how we could see rust running down the corrugated sheets of Goodison, there is no need for a big stadium on the docks as it's perfect now where we can't see how bad we are doing because the supports are blocking the pitch. We don't want to be travelling on Thursdays to far off places, we were much happier finishing 11th.

Signed Everton Fans.

The bloke has been here for just over a year, had two transfer windows. He owns less than half of this club. Christ on a bike get some perspective.

Mate some people just can't see it and it's ridiclous they can't

I wouldn't trust our lovely club as far as I could throw them. That goes for old owners and new owners, frauds and messiahs

I wanna see a boss expensive playmaker doing stepovers and throughballs and back heels in the royal blue, and workers on the ground building the stadium before I will get giddy over this supposed new Everton.

Where did Moshiri say that mate ?

Must have missed it .

Here you go ......

Why Everton's Romelu Lukaku price-tag will make Chelsea and the rest think twice
Phil Kirkbride on the logic behind Lukaku's eye-watering price

One. Hundred. Million.

And why the hell not?

Everton will not even consider selling wantaway striker Romelu Lukaku this summer unless someone tables an offer of at least £100m.

And can you blame them?

Farhad Moshiri insists Everton are 'confident' Romelu Lukaku will stay despite contract impasse
By Press Association Reporter

Published: 11:59, 15 March 2017 | Updated: 11:59, 15 March 2017

melu Lukaku has refused to sign a new contract at Everton

Moshiri told talkSPORT: 'It's not an issue. The club is confident with the strong relationship it has with the player and the agent.

'He has over two years left on his contract and the new, improved contract is recognition of what he's done for the club. No one should worry, he is our player.'

Here you go ......

Why Everton's Romelu Lukaku price-tag will make Chelsea and the rest think twice

One. Hundred. Million.

And why the hell not?

Everton will not even consider selling wantaway striker Romelu Lukaku this summer unless someone tables an offer of at least £100m.

And can you blame them?

Farhad Moshiri insists Everton are 'confident' Romelu Lukaku will stay despite contract impasse

Moshiri told talkSPORT: 'It's not an issue. The club is confident with the strong relationship it has with the player and the agent.

'He has over two years left on his contract and the new, improved contract is recognition of what he's done for the club. No one should worry, he is our player.'

Moshiri didn't mention £100 million.

He'll go for less.

Here you go ......

One. Hundred. Million.

And why the hell not?

And can you blame them?

Moshiri didn't mention £100 million.

He'll go for less.

Well thats what the press reported and Mosh is 49% owner. The 100 mil was reported across lots of media outlets as from the club
He did say `he is our player` also so lets see his metal 100 mil or see his contract out

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back