Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I imagine well prior to any sale, that debt will have converted to equity (via a rights issue?)...that avenue preserves shareholding ratios between majority and minority shareholding parties ( or, if the minorities decline their rights, increases Moshiri's relative %)
Was banging the drum for this ages back as it's effectively "free" money.
If it happens, surely it won't be until the options have been exercised though.

We could be in a position here where he's sold Stones, Barks and Lukaku.

So much for building the project.

Lukaku might be hanging around if he'd seen some ambition shown in recruitment.

We could be in a position here where he's sold Stones, Barks and Lukaku.

So much for building the project.

Lukaku might be hanging around if he'd seen some ambition shown in recruitment.

Bit harsh really, Stones was sold due to a prior agreement, we got massive, massive money for the boy, Barks as far as im aware is very much still an Everton player and Lukaku when he goes will again be sold for top, top, top money.

Its all about what happens next tho really, strap in, its gonna be a bumpy ride.

Was banging the drum for this ages back as it's effectively "free" money.
If it happens, surely it won't be until the options have been exercised though.
Yes, the shareholding landscape will need to be resolved first ( ie post option exercise...or indeed not exercised although the latter would suggest something has gone awry)

Yes, the shareholding landscape will need to be resolved first ( ie post option exercise...or indeed not exercised although the latter would suggest something has gone awry)
BHHL has options and charges registered at IoM registry. The charges were registered by an escrow agent (a little surprising to me) which would imply that the money is sat in escrow waiting for them to be exercised.
No movement on them, but the Manx registry does most stuff on paper and was only up to 22 May yesterday.

BHHL has options and charges registered at IoM registry. The charges were registered by an escrow agent (a little surprising to me) which would imply that the money is sat in escrow waiting for them to be exercised.
No movement on them, but the Manx registry does most stuff on paper and was only up to 22 May yesterday.
The escrow's an arm's-length intermediary/facilitator. Prudent imo given that football is such big business nowadays.
But part in me suspects the whole business is pertinent toward financial matters/asset play bigger than Everton.
We are a cloak?

I think Dave gets a bad press, sure he sees no good in anything, but what you have to bear in mind that currently hes posting from a position of strength, the brave new world hasnt arrived yet, I mean sure its not as bad as Dave is making out, we hope, but the fundamental points he makes, currently carry a little water.

It's like conversing with a void. If we do end up with the stadium and players we want etc. I hope the vaulting never ends.

The promise of a complete reboot of this club that many were talking of and stoked by Moshiri himself with his talk of 'giving what I have' to the club.

That is all in the bin now. We now know what we have: a man who will use player trading cash and tv cash to keep the squad ticking over and look to leverage a massive debt onto the club to fund a new stadium.

That reality is hard to bear, I realise. But it is nevertheless a reality.

lol

Absolute gold

The promise of a complete reboot of this club that many were talking of and stoked by Moshiri himself with his talk of 'giving what I have' to the club.

That is all in the bin now. We now know what we have: a man who will use player trading cash and tv cash to keep the squad ticking over and look to leverage a massive debt onto the club to fund a new stadium.

That reality is hard to bear, I realise. But it is nevertheless a reality.
You are joking right !!!

Views on Moshiri Still can only be based in either hope or pessamism because we have nothing else to go on.

The fact is nothing has changed really for the club. Anything said that is negative towards the new regime is true, there has been no real investment, there is no stadium still and if we found out that Bill was actually still in charge would anything appear any different to before? The hope is that things have improved off the pitch and it will continue to improve, with the hope that a transfer window to remember will put us in a position that we can kick on from over the next 5 years even and start to challenge.

Come sep 1st we will find out which way that will fall but i genuinely believe selling lukaku this summer presents the club with yet another opportunity to actually do something. Better players, more investment and a show of ambition is all we want for once. If we end up spending under the Rom money and resulting in Valencia type deals or sissoko type bids and fail to attract anyone truly better then I worry for the club.

Views on Moshiri Still can only be based in either hope or pessamism because we have nothing else to go on.

The fact is nothing has changed really for the club. Anything said that is negative towards the new regime is true, there has been no real investment, there is no stadium still and if we found out that Bill was actually still in charge would anything appear any different to before? The hope is that things have improved off the pitch and it will continue to improve, with the hope that a transfer window to remember will put us in a position that we can kick on from over the next 5 years even and start to challenge.

Come sep 1st we will find out which way that will fall but i genuinely believe selling lukaku this summer presents the club with yet another opportunity to actually do something. Better players, more investment and a show of ambition is all we want for once. If we end up spending under the Rom money and resulting in Valencia type deals or sissoko type bids and fail to attract anyone truly better then I worry for the club.

Right, you're so wrong.

Off the field, we have improved our commercial revenue and future prospects. We have no debt. We have regenerated Goodison and have also finally got a firm idea of the new ground and we are making huge steps - why did you think a ground would be sorted so quickly? It's a massive project that is going to take a lot of time if we're to do it right.

On the pitch, we've invested in both the squad and management, and have improved and are back in Europe.

So, yes, it has changed.

You're basically going back to 'nothing has changed' because Everton haven't yet signed anybody before the window has opened. You're basing it on transfers only.

If we bring in £80m (let's say) for Rom, then that covers a good 4-5 players of the approx 7/8 we need.

We have a manager adept at making the best of big squad turnover to ensure that shouldn't be an issue.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back