Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Tbh I did think Usmanov was behind this deal but after hearing that talks with Bill have been going on for a while/buying only the 49.9% of shares im leaning against this theory. Also Usmanov would want to be the main man you would assume considering he's trying to outright buy arsenal.

I just can't see Moshiri lining up long term as direct competitor to Usmanov - essentially if Everton denied Arsenal a place in the CL, for example. Arsenal value would decrease.

It's a gradual handover I think.

tumblr_nuf5vviwwu1uukgmzo1_250.gif

Driving home from my parents when the news broke, can someone say what the deal is?

Who's shares has he bought?
Kenwright honourary chairman?
Earl gone?

Or is literally nothing known other than the statement on the website?

I meant that the blokes less likely gonna spend big money on players/invest in a new stadium when he doesn't even own half of the club, financially it would be daft on his behalf. That's why I'm referring to the Earle scenario in that unless he continues hoovering up shares I can't see him doing anything other than perhaps giving an extra few million here or there for transfers, which in reality isn't gonna awake the giant as most of us were hoping for.

He owns less than 50% for a reason, and in all honesty he doesn't need to "city" bankroll us. He needs to restructures the entire business model and address the stadium issue, which more than likely he'll now take the lead on.

Massive day for our club

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back