Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Are people seriously trying to suggest spending money doesn't massively increase your chances of success?

If that's the case why do our fans cream themselves over the possibility of Usmanov buying us then?

It's not the be all and end all but spending big money gives you a hell of a better chance of winning titles and trophies.

No people are saying that daves assessment that Moshiri needs to throw his weight around and spend the bulk to show he has it is senseless that being tactful with spending is always better.

No people are saying that daves assessment that Moshiri needs to throw his weight around and spend the bulk to show he has it is senseless that being tactful with spending is always better.

Moshiri isn't a sugar daddy owner and whilst he's being in the main a positive influence since buying into the club he certainly hasn't done enough to warrant the levels of fandom that he does mind.

Off the fields been decent but he has to invest a good sum of money in the summer on the playing squad. Lukaku and likely Barkley out the door will only further increase that need.

The relationship between spending in this league and success is unarguable
I know. I just said that.

giphy.gif

Man city have spend 565 million in the last 3 or 4 seasons and won it once in the last 5 and finished 2nd twice in that time and 3rd once. Not great returns for that amount spent. Going beyond the league they have yet to win a continental trophy yet.

Leicester city spent 50 something mill in the year leading up to the league winning campaign.

So although yes part of what you say is true it its arguable. Sorry just because you say it is doesn't make it so.

Are you really suggesting that finances dont determine trophy destination and CL spots in the PL?

Please.

Moshiri isn't a sugar daddy owner and whilst he's being in the main a positive influence since buying into the club he certainly hasn't done enough to warrant the levels of fandom that he does mind.

Off the fields been decent but he has to invest a good sum of money in the summer on the playing squad. Lukaku and likely Barkley out the door will only further increase that need.

I never said he was in fact i agree that he is not on the sugar daddy level in fact i said that a few posts back. What i believe is he has enough and is shrewd.

Others on this forum think he is the prelude to the actual sugar daddy in usmanov which i dont think will ever happen.

What i am saying though we are clear he is no sugar daddy then why should we expect him to blow his fortune on us? Instead he could make better business decisions than the last bunch ever did.

I do believe he has wealth to spend though. Your friend Dave is the one who thinks hes a fraud because hes not a sugar daddy or he said he was but isn't.

The thing is no one from the club ever said he was worth billions only forum people putting two and two together did.

All we know is is that he is worth a considerable amount and has assets and cash he could spend.

Are you really suggesting that finances dont determine trophy destination and CL spots in the PL?

Please.

You said it was unarguable but there is an argument when Leicester won the league spending nothing in comparison.

But yet again you choose to cherry pick what you read and twist facts. You make one point and then contradict yourself or argue when someone calls you out.

Troll as always. Why do you support Everton again?

You said it was unarguable but there is an argument when Leicester won the league spending nothing in comparison.

But yet again you choose to cherry pick what you read and twist facts. You make one point and then contradict yourself or argue when someone calls you out.

Troll as always. Why do you support Everton again?
You choose Leicester's title win and accuse me of cherry picking? Lol.

The stats tell you all you need to know: high wages and big fees = trophies and CL spots.

The funders will be from outside the club and demanding their payment for 40 years.

We need a Spurs type model of payment with banks, yes, but also share issues and naming rights.

You don't expect us to get a naming rights deal?

Plus, what specifically do you like about the Spurs model? They're loan is likely to be long term. Not 40 years, but probably similar to Arsenals 25 years paying off the Emirates.

You choose Leicester's title win and accuse me of cherry picking? Lol.

The stats tell you all you need to know: high wages and big fees = trophies and CL spots.

ffs you would argue with your shadow. For the last time you made the case of it being unarguable. I am saying there is an argument.

Ok then how about Arsenal? Far less than their rivals in the top 6 and always in the top 5.

You don't expect us to get a naming rights deal?

Plus, what specifically do you like about the Spurs model? They're loan is likely to be long term. Not 40 years, but probably similar to Arsenals 25 years paying off the Emirates.
Yes I expect one. It isn't being seen as the only gun in their armoury though. They will go to the financial markets for investors to pay off debt and they'll also be getting a lot of performance related cash in revenue.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back