Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
"His finance has proved transformational but the test is translating it on to the pitch. Yet in becoming relevant again Everton are benefiting from a collision of new money and increased ambition, transfer nous and continuity."

What utter nob-rot that is. Once an Echo hack, always an Echo hack.

His finances are not HIS finances, they are the club's finances, due from tv revenue + player sales....that's the new money he talks blithely about, not Moshiri's.

"Transformational". Sorry, but the last time I looked we finished 7th in a 6 horse race and ended our season on January 7th. I must have missed the transformation.

"Everton are becoming relevant again"...once a Kopite always a Kopite...I bet he had a good chuckle at writing that.

Apart from all that, a spot on piece of writing.
"His finance has proved transformational but the test is translating it on to the pitch. Yet in becoming relevant again Everton are benefiting from a collision of new money and increased ambition, transfer nous and continuity."

His finances are not HIS finances, they are the club's finances, due from tv revenue + player sales....that's the new money he talks blithely about, not Moshiri's.

"Transformational". Sorry, but the last time I looked we finished 7th in a 6 horse race and ended our season on January 7th. I must have missed the transformation.

"Everton are becoming relevant again"...once a Kopite always a Kopite...I bet he had a good chuckle at writing that.

And, there we have it.

Irrefutable proof that the world and opinion of our good friend Dave is consumately cocooned in sinking irrelevance.

Not even prepared to doff a cap to an informed, reasoned, balanced and evidence-based piece by someone who will have more insight into such things than lemon-man will ever have from inside his cave.

An Echo hack... such defiance.

You have just lost the last shred of credibility I was holding out for you Dave. I'm sure you won't be too upset, mind...

I'll repeat the question I asked you this morning, when have we ever spent anywhere near this amount of money at this point in the window, before cashing in an a playing asset BEFORE spending?

The Sky money lands in August, and we've only raised about £18m in sales, so where is the cash coming from? It couldn't be that Moshiri is short term funding these deals himself could it? Perish the thought......

I'll qualify it:

We'll see if Moshiri is the real deal on August 31st 11pm when that window slams shut.
We'll see if Koeman is the real deal when the final whistle blows on May 13th 2018 4.50pm.

Not really. Moshiri is putting the money forward for the targets that Koeman and his team are identifying. We will get a better glimpse of what the future holds for Everton, as a whole, when the final whistle blows on May 13th 2018 4.50pm.

If Lukaku goes, its got nothing to do with Everton, its cause he wanted to go. Same with Barkley. Woudl you rather he made a statement and sold Lukaku for £100 only and Barkley for £25. that'd work wonders for all the net spend virgins out there, but not a single thing for Everton and our future plans.

I'll repeat the question I asked you this morning, when have we ever spent anywhere near this amount of money at this point in the window, before cashing in an a playing asset BEFORE spending?

The Sky money lands in August, and we've only raised about £18m in sales, so where is the cash coming from? It couldn't be that Moshiri is short term funding these deals himself could it? Perish the thought......
Other thing is that RMF charges cleared the beginning of last month, so if the club projected figures at the GM, 20m+ was repaid from final tranche of PL money.
Just saying....

Also we wont have paid "cash" for any of these deals most will be done over a 3 year payment period.

Also just saying.
Thought that went without saying, but I thank you for bish slapping me.
Personally, think between Klaassen, Keane and Pickford possibly 50 mil up front?
Sandro and Hank - probably pay up front?
*waits for arse whipping in anticipation

Thought that went without saying, but I thank you for bish slapping me.
Personally, think between Klaassen, Keane and Pickford possibly 50 mil up front?
Sandro and Hank - probably pay up front?
*waits for arse whipping in anticipation

Yeah right, like ive got a clue, you would think we would have paid upfront for the "cheaper" players, but if Malaga where being twunts, hopefully we are paying them over 10 years.

We're front loading the spending in the sound knowledge that Lukaku + Barkley + Deulofeu + McCarthy comfortably covers it all.

We'll see how much of a change there's been on August 31st 11pm.

Yes, but you ignored the part where I said "we have been clinical and efficient in getting out targets through the door early this summer - we've never seen anything like that before".

Irrespective of net spend, that is a very different way of doing business for Everton.

Do you disagree with that?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back