Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Yeah right, like ive got a clue, you would think we would have paid upfront for the "cheaper" players, but if Malaga where being twunts, hopefully we are paying them over 10 years.
Usually when buy-out clauses are activated it requires up front payment (pretty sure that is one of the ways the RS prevented Shergar from going to Arsenal)

And, there we have it.

Irrefutable proof that the world and opinion of our good friend Dave is consumately cocooned in sinking irrelevance.

Not even prepared to doff a cap to an informed, reasoned, balanced and evidence-based piece by someone who will have more insight into such things than lemon-man will ever have from inside his cave.

An Echo hack... such defiance.

You have just lost the last shred of credibility I was holding out for you Dave. I'm sure you won't be too upset, mind...
Lol. He's an arse rag of the two Merseyside clubs. It's what he's there for: to put a spin on things for them in the national media.

I'll repeat the question I asked you this morning, when have we ever spent anywhere near this amount of money at this point in the window, before cashing in an a playing asset BEFORE spending?
The Sky money lands in August, and we've only raised about £18m in sales, so where is the cash coming from? It couldn't be that Moshiri is short term funding these deals himself could it? Perish the thought......
That's very naive.

You know how this club works. We're a club that are so flush and have such a big financial backer that he's gone cap in hand to a council that's cut half a billion from its budget in the last 7 years to set up a financial vehicle in order to secure loans...which will be paid up in 40 years time + interest.

How on earth some people give this Moshiri an ounce of credibility when we all know he'll spend on this club as much as Kenwright did I have no idea.

He's currently spending money that will be clawed back in a few weeks time and getting the image boost by front loading the incomings.

Yes, but you ignored the part where I said "we have been clinical and efficient in getting out targets through the door early this summer - we've never seen anything like that before".

Irrespective of net spend, that is a very different way of doing business for Everton.

Do you disagree with that?
Clinical and effective. You could easily state instead that its been profligate with cash for players there's not an awful lot of alternative interest in.

Personally I'd like better care taken of the proceeds of our imminent player sales.

That's very naive.

You know how this club works. We're a club that are so flush and have such a big financial backer that he's gone cap in hand to a council that's cut half a billion from its budget in the last 7 years to set up a financial vehicle in order to secure loans...which will be paid up in 40 years time + interest.

How on earth some people give this Moshiri an ounce of credibility when we all know he'll spend on this club as much as Kenwright did I have no idea.

He's currently spending money that will be clawed back in a few weeks time and getting the image boost by front loading the incomings.
Why do you support Everton if your going to be negative about everything? It boggles my mind because football is supposed to be fun yet you seem to always find the flaws in everything.

Clinical and effective. You could easily state instead that its been profligate with cash for players there's not an awful lot of alternative interest in.

Personally I'd like better care taken of the proceeds of our imminent player sales.

I think it's very clear that Walsh and Koeman have been doing their homework through the season to make this sort of activity so early in the window possible.

Re other interest, Man Utd were interested in Keane, Arsenal were interested in Pickford, Athletico were dead certs for Sandro before their transfer ban.

You're trying to find negatives that aren't there.

I think it's very clear that Walsh and Koeman have been doing their homework through the season to make this sort of activity so early in the window possible.

Re other interest, Man Utd were interested in Keane, Arsenal were interested in Pickford, Athletico were dead certs for Sandro before their transfer ban.

Im sure interest was shown by many clubs in all the players we signed, but what we have done is made an early move and slapped NASTY prices on the table so nobody else even came close.

But hey ho, Dave would have spent the money better, poor Dave, still caring about money when we have an unlimited kitty.

Morshiri is bringing a plan one we didn't have under Kenwright I for one is happy we have a plan now.

What's important is replacing Lukaku properly if we do this I for one will be a very happy blue, making sure funds are available to do this will be vital.

Roma where interested in Klassen

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back