Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Sissoko story about agreeing a fee refuted by the player and Spurs; Koilibaly phantom bid of £70M was described as "absurd" by the player's agent.

As said: fib telling last summer leaves me with little faith he'll be spending £50M net this summer.
Show the direct quote of the agent please

I cant see any direct quote from Laurentiis about that bid. Chelsea's lower bid he confirmed.

Didnt post a link.

CBA looking into ancient history (in football terms).

It happened, we failed, we ballsed last summer up. We move on.

This summer, its looking like key personnel have got their act together, targets have been ID'd, and signed.

But I guess they are the wrong players, and the wrong price?

He might have confirmed an interest but not a bid of £70M.

It was a ridiculous attempt to look like a big roller after the circus packed up and left town.
It was a ridiculous fee anyway Dave as was the Sissoko one so who cares, we've just signed a great young centre half and whatever your opinions this management have/are performing major surgery on our team which unfortunately was going in the Wigan direction by your darling Roberto despite his promising start.

Owner confirmed the bid for Koubailly.

Sissoko was a total farce mind.

Oh. And believing the word of an agent above that of our major shareholder and facilitator of our future?

Played mate.
You do realise that he's not being serious don't you? It amazes me that so many people think dave's being anything but tongue in cheek.
Well that's my take on it all anyway. Mind you, I find some of the different senses of humour and mechanisms and styles for conveying such, difficult to nuance at times.
So, perhaps he is being earnest...

....but it's veeeerry unlikely.

You do realise that he's not being serious don't you? It amazes me that so many people think dave's being anything but tongue in cheek.
Well that's my take on it all anyway. Mind you, I find some of the different senses of humour and mechanisms and styles for conveying such, difficult to nuance at times.
So, perhaps he is being earnest...

....but it's veeeerry unlikely.

It's usually referred to as "chatting utter wham" ;)

You wish.
And again. Please please simply explain why a net spend matters? If we have the right players and the money does end up as a net spend why is it important? I'm not picking bones - please explain why it is crucial. If we sold Lukaku for £200m, what would we have to spend to be a successful team.

Improving? In what tangible way? Continuing a policy of recycling player sales, continuing to be still at the talking stage of a new stadium, finishing way off the pace of CL places?

Any or all of that will need to change to make any claim of improvement stand up.

We're shuffling existing quality assets out the door and ushering a clutch of new and largely unproven assets through it. That's the story of the summer so far.

I answered your points in my previous post as to why we've improved and not writing them again.

your talking as if unproven is only negative thing, unproven means hold your judgement until they have had a chance to prove themselves. Could be rubbish, could be average or could be great! but lets hang fire on it eh ?

1 question if you can answer it - Do you think Moshiri will provide us with a new stadium whilst he's our owner ?

Didnt post a link.
CBA looking into ancient history (in football terms).
It happened, we failed, we ballsed last summer up. We move on.
This summer, its looking like key personnel have got their act together, targets have been ID'd, and signed.
But I guess they are the wrong players, and the wrong price?
They've been overpaid for. Time will tell whether they are good buys.

The owner of the club revealed a fantasist side of his character last summer. No dispute about that, imo.

I believe that casts doubt on his words this week about no limits on spending.

If the benefit of doubt goes to him it'll only be after he proves himself in this window.

Ve9Y3.gif

shes gorgeous !

And again. Please please simply explain why a net spend matters? If we have the right players and the money does end up as a net spend why is it important? I'm not picking bones - please explain why it is crucial. If we sold Lukaku for £200m, what would we have to spend to be a successful team.
Take a look at the most successful teams in the PL and how much they spend on players. Then you'll understand. You cant achieve anything without spending in this league.

1 question if you can answer it - Do you think Moshiri will provide us with a new stadium whilst he's our owner ?
It's why he's here - to co-ordinate the efforts the local state and have other parties raise the money in order to pay for a stadium which adds value to his shares with a future sell off in mind as the long term goal.

He might have confirmed an interest but not a bid of £70M.

It was a ridiculous attempt to look like a big roller after the circus packed up and left town.
I enjoy your idiom and metaphor infused writing style very much. But your latest post has left me scratching my head a little.
Specifically, I am confused by your association of big rollers with circuses ? I don't perceive circuses as high stakes, glamorous events...have I got this all wrong?

It's why he's here - to co-ordinate the efforts the local state and have other parties raise the money in order to pay for a stadium which adds value to his shares with a future sell off in mind as the long term goal.

if you think that that's fine, but the end of the day that will improve the club wont it ? another positive he'll be bringing to the table !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back