Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I enjoy your idiom and metaphor infused writing style very much. But your latest post has left me scratching my head a little.
Specifically, I am confused by your association of big rollers with circuses ? I don't perceive circuses as high stakes, glamorous events...have I got this all wrong?
I like to mix metaphors to keep others on their toes.

It worked.

if you think that that's fine, but the end of the day that will improve the club wont it ? another positive he'll be bringing to the table !
Hardly him doing it. His biggest plus point on a new stadium is that he's not the old regime - who were a busted flush locally and without credibility for any more stadium schemes.

Not being Kenwright and Woods isn't that big a deal.

Take a look at the most successful teams in the PL and how much they spend on players. Then you'll understand. You cant achieve anything without spending in this league.
But spending out has nothing to do with if you have a one-off player that you sell for a fortune. As I said, if we sold Lukaku for £200m, how much would we have to spend? What if we bought Vardy and he scored 30 goals? If Madrid sold Ronaldo for £300m, how much do they have to spend? What if Messi was sold - crikey Barca would have to buy the entire Man City team.

But spending out has nothing to do with if you have a one-off player that you sell for a fortune. As I said, if we sold Lukaku for £200m, how much would we have to spend? What if we bought Vardy and he scored 30 goals? If Madrid sold Ronaldo for £300m, how much do they have to spend? What if Messi was sold - crikey Barca would have to buy the entire Man City team.
It's not a one off for us. We do it constantly. Stones last summer; it'll be Barkely and Lukaku this season and no doubt Davies sometime in the future. We then use that to buy more players.

It's just what we do. The model.

It made me laugh when Kone joined that Turkish outfit and some wag on here said it can't have been a very hard medical he passed...the only question on it was 'can you breathe?'

lollol

It's why he's here - to co-ordinate the efforts the local state and have other parties raise the money in order to pay for a stadium which adds value to his shares with a future sell off in mind as the long term goal.

He'll make money out of us when he sells, no doubt. But so did Green. But the way I look at it, what he makes will be compensated for by having a new stadium on the waterfront.

He'll make money out of us when he sells, no doubt. But so did Green. But the way I look at it, what he makes will be compensated for by having a new stadium on the waterfront.
I agree. It needs doing and he has no previous with the local state.

He's more a facilitator than anything though.

Hardly him doing it. His biggest plus point on a new stadium is that he's not the old regime - who were a busted flush locally and without credibility for any more stadium schemes.

Not being Kenwright and Woods isn't that big a deal.

You gotta buck up, Dude. You can't go into the season with this negative attitude. I can see you don't want to be cheered up here !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back