Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
And how do you calculate the equity value of a football club? How do you determine asset values and liabilities when transfer fees and wages move at rates such as those seen in this window? The sale price is determined by the seller, Mr Moshiri will certainly not be writing off the money he has invested, he will simply incorporate it into the price at which he sells the club. Now maybe we get a nation state or genuine oligarch buying us or maybe we get a Glazers/Hicks and Gillette style purchaser. You have no more idea than I do about that. On the other hand, maybe Mr Moshiri decides to keep the club and decides to take repayments on his loan? Until that debt is converted to equity it is debt. And anyone trying to claim it is not is talking, how did you put it, pure nonsense?
The equity value is determined by the purchaser, whatever aspirational price is put on a football club by a current owner is merely a starting point for negotiations. The buyer decides what it's worth to him, end of.

I never said he'd not be looking to recoup that INVESTMENT did I? Of course he would, but in order to do so he'd have had to increase the value of the club by an equivalent amount.

This Directors loan is interest free and has no repayment schedule, once he takes full control I'd expect him to convert it to equity. If he doesn't and he chooses to withdraw it you can sharpen the rocks until that point his £80m stands as an investment by him, one that was essential to facilitate the ground move due to the securitisation of the Pru loan on Goodison

Are you implying that Moshiri is personally funding our transfer activity? If so can you provide some evidence of that and explain why we would also need to arrange the Chinese facility if that were the case?
I don't know for certain what's happening but I do know we've received large sums of tv money, have taken out a no notice facility that allows borrowing of up to £60m I believe, and we've desperately tried to sell enough players to make our net spend minimal while failing to deliver the manager's demanded striker.
All in all I'd say the evidence suggests we've been largely relying on player sales to fund our incomings.
No.

I was saying that we weren't selling before we bought. All the evidence says that we have a net spend of about £60m this window btw

His mate Whitey described him as a "multi, multi billionaire" when introducing him on Sky when he called in :Blink:

Dave always called him the "poorest billionaire in the world" lol

I'm just glad there's someone else on board that isn't Kenwright tbh. I don't know much about the fella at all but it seems that he's enjoying being a part of the club. Even if he's not investing much of his own money (I don't really blame him), he seems like he's keen for us to be pushing towards the top of the league.

The equity value is determined by the purchaser, whatever aspirational price is put on a football club by a current owner is merely a starting point for negotiations. The buyer decides what it's worth to him, end of.

I never said he'd not be looking to recoup that INVESTMENT did I? Of course he would, but in order to do so he'd have had to increase the value of the club by an equivalent amount.

This Directors loan is interest free and has no repayment schedule, once he takes full control I'd expect him to convert it to equity. If he doesn't and he chooses to withdraw it you can sharpen the rocks until that point his £80m stands as an investment by him, one that was essential to facilitate the ground move due to the securitisation of the Pru loan on Goodison
Ooh capitals, things ARE getting serious. What I find interesting about you is that this time last year, if I remember correctly, you were a hardcore apologist of the abject transfer window we had, calling people bedwetters and the like. This year, however, you have been far less generous regarding our business and yet, here you are, taking issue with criticism of our de facto owner (mine or others). Does that mean that you don't hold Mr Moshiri accountable for our obvious operating failures in terms of recruitment or are you just bristling for a row in your disappointment at us failing to sign the players we so obviously needed whilst retaining players you were hoping would move on?

Ooh capitals, things ARE getting serious. What I find interesting about you is that this time last year, if I remember correctly, you were a hardcore apologist of the abject transfer window we had, calling people bedwetters and the like. This year, however, you have been far less generous regarding our business and yet, here you are, taking issue with criticism of our de facto owner (mine or others). Does that mean that you don't hold Mr Moshiri accountable for our obvious operating failures in terms of recruitment or are you just bristling for a row in your disappointment at us failing to sign the players we so obviously needed whilst retaining players you were hoping would move on?
You confuse operational failures with some child like expectation that the major shareholder should bank roll the business

You're boring me now and the apologist comment, the faux superior tone and knobish sarcasm , sees you gone, goodnight x

No.

I was saying that we weren't selling before we bought. All the evidence says that we have a net spend of about £60m this window btw
But you do realise that the facility means that we no longer have to do it in that order? We can now buy then sell to the tune of £60m.
We have to also take into account the tv money and the fact that we desperately tried to recoup £45m on Barkley and Niasse today. We'll no doubt try to sell them again and others come January.

You confuse operational failures with some child like expectation that the major shareholder should bank roll the business

You're boring me now and the apologist comment sees you gone, goodnight x
And you have a childlike view of the owner of our club being like a benevolent father figure who should be immune from criticism.
The irony of someone who repeatedly calls people bedwetters running off to bed because someone called him an apologist is the perfect end for you.

Sweet dreams.

But you do realise that the facility means that we no longer have to do it in that order? We can now buy then sell to the tune of £60m.
We have to also take into account the tv money and the fact that we desperately tried to recoup £45m on Barkley and Niasse today. We'll no doubt try to sell them again and others come January.
We spent £100m before selling Lukaku for £75m

I respect and am thankful for Mr Moshiri's efforts in securing a new home for Everton Football Club, as well as his work on recalibrating our debts. However, anyone who mistakenly thought that Mr Moshiri was going to be our Roman Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour will by now have had their bubble well and truly burst.

Mr Moshiri just does not have the funds to be our sugar-daddy. Indeed, he's not even worth as much as Stoke City's owner, Sir Peter Coates. Our "sell-to-buy" transfer policy has not changed and will not change. The reason we didn't sign a Raúl Jiménez or a Jamie Vardy is not because Ronald Koeman is happy with the squad; it's because Barkley didn't move to Chelsea for £30million.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back