Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We spent £100m before selling Lukaku for £75m
Please explain where you believe the money is coming from?
I believe it's substantively from player sales, the facility allowing us to 'overspend' by up to £60m indefinitely as long as we're willing to service that debt. This means we don't have to balance the books in any given window though we clearly tried hard in this one and succeeded last summer.
There's also tv money and other minor revenue streams.
if you believe there's an alternative source of substantial transfer funds then what is it?

It was reported that Usmanov paid Moshiri 200mil for his 50% stake in rlRed and White Holdings, so on the basis that Moshiri spent 87.5 mil on 49.9%, loaned the club 80mil he has so far spent 167.5mil of that.
If he has no intention of diluting the minority shareholdings and the exercise price of the options is 5k each, it will cost about a further 42mil to get a 72/73% stake in the club, so total expenditure to get to that level is about 210mil, less the 200 mil for R&W means that it will have dented his bank balance to the tune of 10mil and got rid of an illiquid asset (Arsenal stake).
Bit ciggy packet accounts, but that's me all over.

Edit. Bear in mind that the 80mil is debt so will be repaid if no dilution takes place.

Despite all this we've finished with £41m net, before you factor in any of the u23 players brought in. Maybe Evertonian's expectations of the man were just too high, me included.

Not bringing in another striker is criminal as is the lack of another centre back. But Moshiri doesn't run the club from top to bottom by himself, not all the blame goes to him and it's harsh to call him a fraud. End of the day, this stadium gets built then he goes down in Everton folklore for me. That falls through then fraud he is.
I've never called him a fraud and I've repeatedly said I'm grateful he's here as we're much better off with him.
He is a bullcrapper though and that's largely why Evertonian's expectations were so high. Who was behind the £100m warchest headlines? I suspect the same person who said Mcca was family, we bid 60m for Koulibaly, and came out with rubbish in a Jim White interview earlier.
His bullcrap helped us to land RK on the back of big investment promises and was essential in advancing the stadium project so let's just call it good marketing.
I certainly doesn't appear that Mosh will be providing any funds towards the stadium but hopefully his marketing skills will deliver the necessary financial backers.

I've never called him a fraud and I've repeatedly said I'm grateful he's here as we're much better off with him.
He is a bullcrapper though and that's largely why Evertonian's expectations were so high. Who was behind the £100m warchest headlines? I suspect the same person who said Mcca was family, we bid 60m for Koulibaly, and came out with rubbish in a Jim White interview earlier.
His bullcrap helped us to land RK on the back of big investment promises and was essential in advancing the stadium project so let's just call it good marketing.
I certainly doesn't appear that Mosh will be providing any funds towards the stadium but hopefully his marketing skills will deliver the necessary financial backers.

Most likely it was Bill.
Anyway, it's a good job Mosh is just keeping things ticking over until this fella comes in....

i

I don't think it's way off the mark to now assume he is here just for the stadium build.
If he gets that right, then we must have nothing but gratitude eternally.
Let's hope we hear some positive news on this front soon.
The sooner it gets up and running, the sooner he will hopefully sell his shares to someone with serious cash and an willingness to spend.

Really, let's examine that point by point.

Nope, transferred. It is (currently) interest free, that is good, but it will be transferred to the new owners following the inevitable sale and we have no idea what will happen to it then. Until the debt is converted into equity it still hangs over the club.

No recent success to speak of, last season was positive without being startling, too soon to tell.

Like Steve Walsh, the architect of our failure to sign the two players our squad actually needed.

No deed of transfer, no planning consent, no finance secured, not even a drawing of the ground.

In some areas (Keane and Pickford spring to mind) true, once again though, the two players everyone could see we're required are still required.

Possibly, we will have to wait two or three years to see if that one pans out.

Emperor's New clothes.

Superb work.

@davek would be proud of you

Laughing at people still defending this fella.

We've 'spent money' by accident here - he fully intended to recoup it through Barkley and Niasse. Expect £40m in sales as soon as January - all that's happened is that Mosh has had a bit of a shock and had his 'overdraft' temporarily eaten into.

There's no ambition here. No honesty. Just words and ego.

Laughing at people still defending this fella.

We've 'spent money' by accident here - he fully intended to recoup it through Barkley and Niasse. Expect £40m in sales as soon as January - all that's happened is that Mosh has had a bit of a shock and had his 'overdraft' temporarily eaten into.

There's no ambition here. No honesty. Just words and ego.

If both of them had been sold, what would the net spend total be? I'm too lazy to look myself.

Lukaku was sold weeks ago. It was/should have been number 1 priority as soon as it was clear he was leaving. Inept.

It should have been prepped for long long in advance of him leaving. It's been obvious for a long time he wanted out as soon as a relatively big club came sniffing.

Wanting Giroud is fine and great, but not having any other ideas after he jibbed us off, or rather his mrs did, is absolute insanity.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back