Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

I simply don't agree.
We made great transfers, for the likes of Rooney, Gylfi, Keane, Pickford, etc. Players we can sell again, without any loos.

The Crown jewel, wanted to play with his buddy in man.U, not like we had a choice, unless you want too keep Lukaku a prisoner, to his contract.

The january window will be fine, don't worry
You are joking about Gylfi & being able to sell him without losing money aren't you?

...some people are on a total ante-Everton crusade in all of these threads. They would appear more reasonable if they didn't disagree with everything the club does, be it in the transfer market, team selection, ground build etc. Thing is, they really come out of the woodwork after a couple of defeats.

I'm sort of expecting someone to suggest changing our shirt colour

'why is it always blue? it hasnt worked so lets change colours..maybe a nice sunset yellow'

I don't know why everyone's so surprised that our net spend under Mr Moshiri is really low.

Mr Moshiri is skint by the standards of Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour.

Mr Moshiri hasn't come here to bankroll us and empty his own bank account at the same time.

He is an accountant who has helped a Russian oligarch make billions over the years.

What he has come here to do is build us up, from what we were, literally nothing, in a commercial sense, and make us more saleable ensuring a nice profit at the end.

The risk is very low to Moshiri himself, as he will use the TV revenues and player sales to keep the team ticking over. There will be no 100m spent on one player, instead we will see more of what we've seen these past few windows. a net spend of no greater than 50m. Until the stadium is built anyway.

What the new stadium will bring is much more revenue and scope to spend on the team. IF Moshiri hasn't sold us directly after the completion of the stadium, he may well then use the commercial revenues made by the new stadium and other sponsorship to then spend big on the team. Until this stadium is up and running we will be competing for 6/7th position, as the teams above us have spent considerably more and by definition be harder to close up too.

Once the stadium is done, I'm expecting Moshiri to sell us on, perhaps even too Usmanov, but probably to another oversee's consortium. This is when we will hopefully see huge spending on the team

I'm sort of expecting someone to suggest changing our shirt colour

'why is it always blue? it hasnt worked so lets change colours..maybe a nice sunset yellow'
It’s not always blue! Sometimes it’s been grey, yellow, amber, white, salmon/blue, black/pink, green, pink , although technically, white and black are shades as opposed to colours.

Let's see how he preform, and how the transfer prices develop.

but you are right, 28 is not exactly prime. 45mill, might be a bit steap, i have to admit.

How about a minimum loos on gylfi, instead then? Could be worth it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back