Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
How about the fact he's been here a year and the money we're spending on players still seems to be whatever this increase in T.V money has offered? I can't be 100% sure but I can think logically about it.

Will help when we're still struggling to compete financially in 5 years time. It's the hope that kills ya...

So you're making a guess?

Have you seen the balance sheet? I haven't, but I'm not making statements like this.

Seems eerily like speculation.

Our balance sheet is as attractive now as I've known it. 80m of debt wiped off it. Attractive.

A nice juicy stadium in the fixed assets to come too. Attractive.
If you look at it, we replaced about 55mil of debt with debt of 80mil. I know it's effectively subordinated if the club goes bust, but the debt is still due, so 25mil less net assets surely?
Juicy stadium funded by debt only strengthens the balance sheet to the extent if internal funding surely?

If you look at it, we replaced about 55mil of debt with debt of 80mil. I know it's effectively subordinated if the club goes bust, but the debt is still due, so 25mil less net assets surely?
Juicy stadium funded by debt only strengthens the balance sheet to the extent if internal funding surely?

Yes. Enter the unknown Chinese investors....

I hope he knows what's going on at the club & is asking the relevant questions :

- Is Koeman performing? If not, why? What's holding him back?
- Walsh - ditto
- Whoever takes care of transfer business - ditto

He needs to know exactly where the problems lie & act on it.

I'm still of the opinion that we are in a far better position all round under Moshiri than Kenwright but now there has been time for reflection since deadline day, I have to admit that I'm fuming with how he's conducted things during the August part of both transfer windows.

His phonecall to Jim White was also absolutely pathetic where he came on with 20 minutes remaining with the fans at least half expecting that he may be announcing a loan deal or some foreign player whose scored a load of goals in some different league to come in, but no. He tried to claim that we've adequately strengthened our attacking options when he have sold our 25 goal a season striker to a direct rival and replaced him with an unproven player for £5m and got Rooney in on a free. Absolutely laughable.

I also want to know why funds weren't made available for a left sided centre half and a backup left back. Or is that Koeman's failing? Either way, the handling of transfers since we sold Lukaku was amateurish after such a promising start to the window. I had been optimistic completely based on the expectation that we would get a player like Giroud or Benteke in. To end up how we have is a disgrace.

I'm still of the opinion that we are in a far better position all round under Moshiri than Kenwright but now there has been time for reflection since deadline day, I have to admit that I'm fuming with how he's conducted things during the August part of both transfer windows.

His phonecall to Jim White was also absolutely pathetic where he came on with 20 minutes remaining with the fans at least half expecting that he may be announcing a loan deal or some foreign player whose scored a load of goals in some different league to come in, but no. He tried to claim that we've adequately strengthened our attacking options when he have sold our 25 goal a season striker to a direct rival and replaced him with an unproven player for £5m and got Rooney in on a free. Absolutely laughable.

I also want to know why funds weren't made available for a left sided centre half and a backup left back. Or is that Koeman's failing? Either way, the handling of transfers since we sold Lukaku was amateurish after such a promising start to the window. I had been optimistic completely based on the expectation that we would get a player like Giroud or Benteke in. To end up how we have is a disgrace.

Let's talk about the striker problem. Main target was Giroud and we were close to getting him, until his wife had his say.

So how far down the list do you go? Vardy, Benteke all stayed at their clubs. Heard Slimani mentioned, with a £40m price tag. Would you go for that?

There's been failings, and no one knows who to blame. Personally I blame Moshiri for keeping Kenwright as Chairman and Elstone as CEO. Both are not good enough, and we need to move on. We do need to give Moshiri credit as well. Debt free, sponsorship that we've never had before. Uses Jim White to promote the club on Talksport/Sky when before hand we had no exposure.

We need to clear out the dead wood at the club, before we can move forward. And only Moshiri can start to make those changes.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back