Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It is but to me that looks like the most likely scenario. He's seen a business opportunity and he's snapped it up.

Who knows, he might even get a kick out of having a say at a decent Premier League club. But one thing is certain in my mind, he won't be spending too much of his own money to help us kick on - otherwise he will very quickly become a millionaire rather than a billionaire.

Not meaning to be rude but the bit in bold above is the only bit which we all can be sure on.
Because none of us have even had a conversation with the man.

Speculation.

He keeps his risk as low as possible, he keeps his shareholding below ultimate control. Good for an exit strategy. He makes business decisions that are to clean up a balance sheet. He wants a stadium to give the asset value and the commercial corporate, high end turnover.

He's a dream if I'm doing a vendor due diligence at work, absolutely not a dream if we want winning football.

Only the end of year figures will give you that answer, otherwise it's pure speculation on our figures. Mainly to suit an agenda

Secondly, we are 6 games into a season why would anyone be sacked. If every team used your logic there'd be a revolving door on every football club with staff lasting 6 weeks.

Walsh has had 3 windows and been an abject failure. May as well flushed briefcases of cash down a bog.

He keeps his risk as low as possible, he keeps his shareholding below ultimate control. He makes business decisions that are to clean up a balance sheet. He wants a stadium to give the asset value and the commercial corporate, high end turnover.

He's a dream if I'm doing a vendor due diligence at work, absolutely not a dream if we want winning football.

Doesn't every owner in the PL want all / most of these?

Isn't that called business acumen?

And you said previously "to sell to a new owner".

Speculation Tim.

Not meaning to be rude but the bit in bold above is the only bit which we all can be sure on.
Because none of us have even had a conversation with the man.

I can be sure he won't spend his own money though. He simply hasn't got enough to do so.

My hope has always been he upsets the boys' club at the top who I wouldn't trust to open a new burger stand - let alone a new stadium.

I can be sure he won't spend his own money though. He simply hasn't got enough to do so.

My hope has always been he upsets the boys' club at the top who I wouldn't trust to open a new burger stand - let alone a new stadium.

Speculation.
You have no idea how much cash he has. None of us do.

Doesn't every owner in the PL want all / most of these?

Isn't that called business acumen?

And you said previously "to sell to a new owner".

Speculation Tim.

It's good business acumen yes. In any other walk of life I'd be lauding him. But football ain't real life. Football is about winning over 90 minutes. Not about a man being financially successful. That's utterly irrelevant to me.

Everything about this to me suggests asset growth, exit strategy, and quick profit.

It's good business acumen yes. In any other walk of life I'd be lauding him. But football ain't real life. Football is about winning over 90 minutes. Not about a man being financially successful. That's utterly irrelevant to me.

Everything about this to me suggests asset growth, exit strategy, and quick profit.

It may to you.
But you don't know him. Nor do you know his intentions.
So it's speculation Tim.

A quick Google search tells me $2.4b...
That's his worth including assets I would presume? Unless you've just Googled his current account?

Mike Ashley is probably a billionaire but his money his tied up entirely in shares of Sports Direct. We know this because he told us, the public, in an interview with Sky about four weeks ago.

Moshiri has done no such thing. So again, you have no idea how much cash he has to invest into the squad / club.

Speculation.

Proof is in the pudding. Stadium seems to be progressing, the football on the field is regressing.
You have no proof.
You have evidence which suits your agenda but the only person who knows his intentions is Moshiri himself.
Unless you know him Tim, it's speculation.
You know this. You're an intelligent bloke, having proven so many times. You are just choosing not to face it.

Speculation.

That's his worth including assets I would presume? Unless you've just Googled his current account?

Mike Ashley is probably a billionaire but his money his tied up entirely in shares of Sports Direct. We know this because he told us, the public, in an interview with Sky about four weeks ago.

Moshiri has done no such thing. So again, you have no idea how much cash he has to invest into the squad / club.

Speculation.

How about the fact he's been here a year and the money we're spending on players still seems to be whatever this increase in T.V money has offered? I can't be 100% sure but I can think logically about it.

Will help when we're still struggling to compete financially in 5 years time. It's the hope that kills ya...

You have no proof.
You have evidence which suits your agenda but the only person who knows his intentions is Moshiri himself.
Unless you know him Tim, it's speculation.
You know this. You're an intelligent bloke, having proven so many times. You are just choosing not to face it.

Speculation.

I'm not denying it's speculation. So are most opinions and predictions. Hope I'm wrong, but really doubt it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back