Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Why doesn't the guy use our press people. Make statements through the club like normal owners do. I'd get going to Jim White if he constantly delivered and he was talking to him to brag but every time he communicates with him it's to make excuses why something didn't happen or a player wasn't signed.

Actually, that final paragraph looks ominous if you are the manager. Read it again.

[paraphrasing]: It's early days, but we know our fan's expectations and will not let them down.

I read that as someone saying that they wont let this drift.

Yep. Moshiri acted when things went sour with Martinez. Obviously a little late but I imagine that Kenwright had him wait for a long time.

But he knows how things will get if it goes to that point and he won't want that happening again.

Shut up you clueless beaut

'The only unexpected loss'

So we expected to lose the other games?

United didn't beat us at all last season and Spurs only won their home game against us by one goal.

I thought this was our window of opportunity to push on?

Don't know why we expected Kenwright to find someone good for this club.

Just build the stadium and go. Utter losers from top to bottom at this club.

Actually, that final paragraph looks ominous if you are the manager. Read it again.

[paraphrasing]: It's early days, but we know our fan's expectations and not let them down.

That's the way I read it too. IF he claims to have ambition, he can't let it drift too long, otherwise he's just a wealthier Kenwright. A ruthless owner would have binned him last night.

Yep. Moshiri acted when things went sour with Martinez. Obviously a little late but I imagine that Kenwright had him wait for a long time.

But he knows how things will get if it goes to that point and he won't want that happening again.
He knows that's the reputation he has amongst fans. He wont want to see that eradicated by letting this turn into a malaise if results remain ropey.

I think cards have already been marked behind the scenes.

The reported contact with other managers also leads to this conclusion too
I cant imagine Plans A, B and C not being looked at here. There's a lot of flux at the club with things going on off the pitch re the stadium and the rebuilding of our reputation as a top club is all part of that rebranding campaign. To languish with a poor manager and not act is NOT an option.

He knows that's the reputation he has amongst fans. He wont want to see that eradicated by letting this turn into a malaise if results remain ropey.

I think cards have already been marked behind the scenes.
Koeman was Moshiri's first managerial appointment, his big statement and he'll want it to be a successful one so he'll give it as long as he can but i agree, i think behind the scenes he will have been told you need to hit these targets or you're gone.

Actually, that final paragraph looks ominous if you're the manager. Read it again.

[paraphrasing]: It's early days, but we know our fan's expectations and will not let them down.

Whenever it reaches the point that the chairman has to make a public statement regarding your job safety, you're on borrowed time. It's now or never for him to turn things around it feels.

Whenever it reaches the point that the chairman has to make a public statement regarding your job safety, you're on borrowed time. It's now or never for him to turn things around it feels.

Was thinking that last night.

If Farhad was deadly silent id actually worry that he's not seeing what we are all seeing. The fact he's felt the need to make a public statement is telling.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back