Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I don't think there is to much point in slating Moshiri let's see if he delivers the ground first.
As fo the football side he choose Keoman so he has to be seen to back and is not to bin him off at the first signs of trouble. Obviously that is an ongoing situation and will only put up with it for so long,i would be amazed if he is not already looking at a plan B.
Off the field we are in a far better place than when he came we are to quick to forget the stagnation under Kenwright.

...as I say: 'cards marked'.
There is next to nothing i admire about the RS but you have to say fair play when they ruthlessly binned Rogers because they knew Klopp was available. Spurs, United, Chelsea and City have all done the same - especially when big money has been spent and it's not improved the team. We may not want to be one of those teams that sacks managers so heartlessly but if we want to break into the Sky 6 we can't be nice old Everton any more.

He knows that's the reputation he has amongst fans. He wont want to see that eradicated by letting this turn into a malaise if results remain ropey.

I think cards have already been marked behind the scenes

Hard to see it any other way mate unless a dramatic turn around happens and we go on a winning streak of 10 games

There is next to nothing i admire about the RS but you have to say fair play when they ruthlessly binned Rogers because they knew Klopp was available. Spurs, United, Chelsea and City have all done the same - especially when big money has been spent and it's not improved the team. We may not want to be one of those teams that sacks managers so heartlessly but if we want to break into the Sky 6 we can't be nice old Everton any more.
I dont think it'll be down to 'nice or nasty' in the end mate; it'll be down to 'cost and benefit'.

I reckon the situation is this: it'll be very expensive right now to bin him and his team so soon after paying out to see Martinez off (and then pay again for RK's replacement team); however, that might look like a good value move soon if results dont dramatically improve (and I mean DRAMATICALLY improve) and a fan revolt is under way that undermines the main man's credibility and position.

I really hoped when this guy arrived we would breakaway from the mediocrity that has enveloped the club for the last 25 so years .when kenwright woods and elstone still sit on the board and have the main say on football matters then nothing has changed .
If our aspirations are to be serious challengers to the top four teams then moshiri has to bite the bullet and get rid of koeman but I'm not sure he will .
He should make a clean sweep of it and get rid of Bill and Suntan Bob
These 2 have held the club back for too long
We need a ruthless chairman with experienced professional businessman with football nous on the board.
Usmanov won’t be as forgiving

I dont think it'll be down to 'nice or nasty' in the end mate; it'll be down to 'cost and benefit'.

I reckon the situation is this: it'll be very expensive right now to bin him and his team so soon after paying out to see Martinez off (and then pay again for RK's replacement team); however, that might look like a good value move soon if results dont dramatically improve (and I mean DRAMATICALLY improve) and a fan revolt is under way that undermines the main man's credibility and position.
Koeman has a year left on his contract and with his Barca dream fading he may walk before being pushed in an attempt to save face.

Koeman has a year left on his contract and with his Barca dream fading he may walk before being pushed in an attempt to save face.

...possibility, I suppose. If Moshiri did sack him though he's laid down a lot of hints that the "real reason" would be because of him being "denied" the striker he wanted by incompetency elsewhere. I think he'll try and tough it out, at the moment with the owner's qualified backing.

...possibility, I suppose. If Moshiri did sack him though he's laid down a lot of hints that the "real reason" would be because of him being "denied" the striker he wanted by incompetency elsewhere. I think he'll try and tough it out, at the moment with the owner's qualified backing.
We have a break now, we can enjoy being disappointed by England for a few games instead. Every cloud

Still feel uneasy with the whole striker thing though Dave.

A striker right now wouldn't solve jack all when the all round play, and chance creation is absolutely non existent...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back