Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Considering Moshiri comes from a background of PWC etc.. the club has never seemed so rudderless. Does anyone know who is responsible for what???

Who is actually responsible for singing players? We know it's not Koeman, he's made that clear. So is it Walsh? Suntan Bob? Bill? The chief exec bloke??

Walsh has the title Director of Football. Does that mean Koeman reports to him??

Is this just a lack of transparency or is it genuinely chaos? Like when companies merge & there's that transition period where nobody knows who's getting the chop?

Koeman and Walsh have a list of players they want, they sit down together ticking off yay or nay, final list is given to the board, then supposedly BK and Elstone try and make those signings happen.

Why? The common wealth games was never on the agenda whent the deal was struck, it was just a catalyst to bring the redevelopment along at a quicker rate. Originally, LCC was going for the 2016 games, it was only the fact that the change arose that they went for it (a poor judgement IMO has the infrasture for certain things would have been far to rushed).

The plans are still there, Liverpool Waters, 10 Streets, Great Howards Street developement...nada has changed with regards to the Northern Docks redevelopment

Im not so sure I think if the games were coming we would have worked a deal on the stadium costs to include a removable track
seems to me a sensible move for all, as you say to hurry things along, then again I have been wrong in the past at least on one occasion.

Drinking this early in the day, isn't a good idea

Haha, I feel like a drink, I won't lie.

Not sure the comparison is so far fetched. Maybe Steve Gibson or Randy Lerner are better examples? Guys who've come to the game with bags of money & good intentions, but taken the most horrendous advice.

The thing that really shocks me is he doesn't seem to know when to say no. Ashley Williams £12 million!!!!! At £3 he's good backup. £5M move on. Bolasie double what he's worth, ditto Sigurdsson. Paying all that compo for Koeman & Walsh. Paying Koeman the salary he's on.... it just smacks of poor advice & no options.

Koeman and Walsh have a list of players they want, they sit down together ticking off yay or nay, final list is given to the board, then supposedly BK and Elstone try and make those signings happen.

Is that your guess or do we know this for sure?

I would say the club's structure isn't clear.

If BK & Elstone really are responsible for doing the deals, well that's been a standing joke for years, so Moshiri just came in & allowed the same useless team to carry on, just with more money??? Agents are smart, talented people (& conniving leeches). You need talented negotiators to do the job.

Feels to me that Moshiri has come in & is being lead by the people responsible for us floundering for the last 30 years. I would expect him to be a lot smarter than that.

Is that your guess or do we know this for sure?

I would say the club's structure isn't clear.

If BK & Elstone really are responsible for doing the deals, well that's been a standing joke for years, so Moshiri just came in & allowed the same useless team to carry on, just with more money??? Agents are smart, talented people (& conniving leeches). You need talented negotiators to do the job.

Feels to me that Moshiri has come in & is being lead by the people responsible for us floundering for the last 30 years. I would expect him to be a lot smarter than that.

I'm sure I remember before the Summer transfer window opened Koeman saying that him and Walsh will have a list of players, they'll sit down and have a look at the list, and both of them will need to agree on the players to be brought in, then it was up to the board (BK was in charge of trying to bring in said players)

Walsh /Koeman obviously told him it was in hand.
They seemed fairly confident in getting Giroud till his wife put the brakes on the move.

even if giroud sent them a picture in his everton socks with EFC tagged on it, until he had signed on the dotted line lukaku should never been sold, because the worst what could of happened must of happened because we ended up with no one

no one to replace our best player! he's supposed to be a business man, like a taxi driver selling his taxi before he has bought a new one, just ridiculous

I feel disappointed because our club became rudeness after Moshiri and Koeman came. Why I said this because Osman and Hibbert after long-serving pair can only found out they were being released when their friends texted them, I feel very shocked when I know this on news, it is nonsense and disrespect our one club men. Sure the club can release them, but should inform them personally and should give them a ceremony to thank their past efforts in our team.

Therefore I feel disappointed.

I feel disappointed because our club became rudeness after Moshiri and Koeman came. Why I said this because Osman and Hibbert after long-serving pair can only found out they were being released when their friends texted them, I feel very shocked when I know this on news, it is nonsense and disrespect our one club men. Sure the club can release them, but should inform them personally and should give them a ceremony to thank their past efforts in our team.

To be fair, if you're contract is due to expire & you've heard nothing, I think you know you're being released...

I'd be more disappointed that he's come in & left Suntan Bob & Bill in charge of signings. Utterly incompetent.

Pretty sure they both had testimonials mate, and Hibbo picked up the best part of £1,000,000 for his contribution in his last two seasons.

Moshiri is a speculator. Our net spend approx 50 million, about 15 million more than Burnley. The Barkley debacle at the 11th hour of deadline day would have brought in 35 mil which would have put us approx equal spends as Burnley. So I dont understand how the `accountant` holding the purse strings could be so suprised that Burnley beat us at home and then issues a statement supporting the manager whom he let down by not getting the integral players in that the manager asked for ................ Koeman been sold a pup we are sell to buy That said he should be doing better ...............

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back