Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The worse things get and the more the board sit on their hands the more I believe our troubles run much deeper than poor players.
I am not usually one to go for a conspiracy theory but I am starting to believe there is a power struggle underway between Kenwright and Moshiri. If Mosh owned the shares and was an astute business man then he would wipe the floor with Kenwright but if he is only a puppet for someone else who can't come out of the shadows because he has an interest in another club then we would have no one steering the ship. A bit like now when it would appear we have no one steering the ship.

If it turned out like you and Dave believe, then I will apologise but I do not go along with these conspiracy theories.

If it turned out like you and Dave believe, then I will apologise but I do not go along with these conspiracy theories.
It's not exactly lizards from another planet stuff like is it? Pretty straightforward deception it'd be if the investigations are near the mark.

Come on, it's not like any of us dont deep down know it's likely to be true.

I don't doubt Moshiri's intentions, I think he wants to do the best he can footballing wise. But as I've said before Kenwright & Woods just use Everton as a conversation piece. Something to throw around when they're in big company and to elevate their own ego.

I've been a couple of stories about Kenwright and how he forced himself into a fully booked London restaurant because there were a couple of PL big heads in their at the time. And other similar things.

It's not exactly lizards from another planet stuff like is it? Pretty straightforward deception it'd be if the investigations are near the mark.

Come on, it's not like any of us dont deep down know it's likely to be true.

In which case Dave why did Usmanov just dispose of his Arsenal shares and buy upfront into Everton rather than using a proxy?

In which case Dave why did Usmanov just dispose of his Arsenal shares and buy upfront into Everton rather than using a proxy?

Easy one that. To who?

If, and granted, its an if, the end game for him is a killing from Liverpool Waters, he needed to move quick yo have his man in place to boot the stadium into shape. So, buy Moshiri out, send him in, bingo,

He can own as many Arsenal shares as he wants to make a few bob from the stadium kick starting the whole thing.

Easy one that. To who?

If, and granted, its an if, the end game for him is a killing from Liverpool Waters, he needed to move quick yo have his man in place to boot the stadium into shape. So, buy Moshiri out, send him in, bingo,

He can own as many Arsenal shares as he wants to make a few bob from the stadium kick starting the whole thing.

Big question though why did Mosh have a hand in buying the Liver Building?

monopoly_icon_by_arnau13-d6qbt7b.png
It really feels like the acquisition of Everton is just another space on the Monopoly board. Every time one of these fellas passes "Go" they get another windfall. If they ever happen to get the "Go to Jail Card" you know they will have the "Get out of jail free" card already bought and paid for.
Meanwhile, Moshiri is getting a very hard lesson now in what it is to own the "Everton FC" space. He just wants to build his stadium on it, but is struggling to deal with the day to day ownership issues, like hiring staff, dealing with the press etc.
I am sure he is an expert high-end accountant and very good at Monopoly, but he has an awful lot to learn about the business of running a football club.
screen1.jpg
There's a lot of intelligent posters on this site that could do a lot better job, but they do not have his ear, and so, when it comes to advising him all things Everton Football Club, well that little responsibility is well and truly in the hands of a certain fella sitting comfortably right next to him in the directors box.
The blind leading the blind? The incompetent mentoring the incompetent? Call it what you will, but here we are.
The money man needs a better, more professional team around him. He needs to delegate to trusted leaders, and just keep to his field of expertise, playing the Monopoly game. Because, at the end of the day, whatever they are all doing now is not working!

But now Pulis is free I would genuinely punt on him. We need foundations. We need to go to a point similar to where Moyes set up a side that competed...then bring in a manager with that xfactor that takes it to the next level (which almost happened when Martinez took over)

Pulis might not be a wildly popular candidate amongst the Goodison faithful, but he'd certainly improve our defence.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back