Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
You not think the fact Bascombe has his 'souces' high up amongst the old everton hierarchy has something to do with the slant of this article.

case in point here - this is about the failed stadium moves of the past in this very article.

This should have been a good week for Everton. Hopes for a new stadium, which have been a combination of the expensive, over-ambitious and downright unpalatable over 20 years, look more realistic than ever.

Where exactly does the Kings dock fall into that - a stadium that was torpedoed by Kenwright ultimately, expensive - far from it, over ambitious - again the contract at a amazingly cheap cost was there to be signed - so not over ambition when you have something offered to you. Unpalatable - far from it again - every fan i know wanted that move more than anything.

Would maybe read that article and think it was unbiased if it stated that Moshiri finally looked like getting the new ground that Kenwright had failed to do by incompetence, lying and by being more concerned with gaining and keeping power at the club than the actual future success and well being of that club.

But Bascombe won't write that because he's a Kenwright stooge, but by all means lap up these wave of anti Moshiri articles - without ever wondering why the likes of Joyce, Bascombe, McNulty, Hunter, never once questioned Kenwright, Vibrac, Earls involvement, the multiple failed ground moves, the genuine investment and purchase of the club by ambitious owners who Kenwright gave short shrift too as he wasn't willing to let go of the train set, or any other host of dodgy crap this club has pulled

He has played this game before and won.

Kenwright can play the game, sucker people in to fund his project but still want to call the shots.

Not holding back....

Spot on, despite the clear bias against Moshiri and the letting of Kenwright off the hook.

If I were Moshiri, I’d be slapping my balls on the table at this point. I’d be buying out the rest of Kenwright/Woods’ shares, appointing my own new chairman (if that’s even required), CEO, DoF, manager, and letting the world know who is really running things.

He’s had a mixed start but I believe he’ll come good. Having all the old guard around won’t have helped.

He has played this game before and won.

Kenwright can play the game, sucker people in to fund his project but still want to call the shots.

Oh no doubting that he can do mate, but think in this case it will be the end of him, he's operating with a different level than previous people he's tried to sucker in.

One thing that can be guaranteed is that this will get a whole lot uglier both in the media and in the board room before it's finished

..I always thought it would be a major challenge for Moshiri to move Kenwright on. I imagined he would eventually do this by diplomatically giving him a fancy title but no role - Club President. It seems that has not been possible, so it’s inevitable that things would come to a head.

Ultimately it had to happen and thankfully it's happening now, longer it dragged on the ultimately worse it would be for the club when it did happen

Oh no doubting that he can do mate, but think in this case it will be the end of him, he's operating with a different level than previous people he's tried to sucker in.

One thin that can be guaranteed is that this will get a whole lot uglier both in the media and in the board room before it's finished

...the fear is that this manifests itself on the pitch. The Boardroom battle might be almost welcome but we are in a mess playing wise, let’s hope this isn’t the start of a perfect storm.

...the fear is that this manifests itself on the pitch. The Boardroom battle might be almost welcome but we are in a mess playing wise, let’s hope this isn’t the start of a perfect storm.

Thankfully i think the leagues that weak this season mate, that if we could have picked a season for it to happen it'd be this one as there's room for error so to speak...

You not think the fact Bascombe has his 'souces' high up amongst the old everton hierarchy has something to do with the slant of this article.

case in point here - this is about the failed stadium moves of the past in this very article.

This should have been a good week for Everton. Hopes for a new stadium, which have been a combination of the expensive, over-ambitious and downright unpalatable over 20 years, look more realistic than ever.

Where exactly does the Kings dock fall into that - a stadium that was torpedoed by Kenwright ultimately, expensive - far from it, over ambitious - again the contract at a amazingly cheap cost was there to be signed - so not over ambition when you have something offered to you. Unpalatable - far from it again - every fan i know wanted that move more than anything.

Would maybe read that article and think it was unbiased if it stated that Moshiri finally looked like getting the new ground that Kenwright had failed to do by incompetence, lying and by being more concerned with gaining and keeping power at the club than the actual future success and well being of that club.

But Bascombe won't write that because he's a Kenwright stooge, but by all means lap up these wave of anti Moshiri articles - without ever wondering why the likes of Joyce, Bascombe, McNulty, Hunter, never once questioned Kenwright, Vibrac, Earls involvement, the multiple failed ground moves, the genuine investment and purchase of the club by ambitious owners who Kenwright gave short shrift too as he wasn't willing to let go of the train set, or any other host of dodgy crap this club has pulled

Nail on the head mate, looks like Kenwrights calling in his " friends of the club " favours again. But you will get fans who believe every word, clap, clap, clap, the loyalty to him is in my view astonishing.

Nail on the head mate, looks like Kenwrights calling in his " friends of the club " favours again. But you will get fans who believe every word, clap, clap, clap, the loyalty to him is in my view astonishing.

thing is mate i don't think Moshiri ultimately gives a flying one about this negative PR/stories, and even though i hate the connection, far more people listen to talksport and white etc than do read the rags that Hunter, Bascombe etc work for these days.

I remember the feud with Gregg, neither of them cared for the club's welfare at the time, only for control of the club. it went on for months dragging Everton's name through the mud in the process.
Gregg would have got us the Kings Dock Stadium and would have sold us by now.

I’ll never forgive Kenwright for letting that opportunity pass the club by, just so he can stay in control.

Absolutely hate the man.

Gregg would have got us the Kings Dock Stadium and would have sold us by now.

I’ll never forgive Kenwright for letting that opportunity pass the club by, just so he can stay in control.

Absolutely hate the man.

Lived in the kings dock apartments for a while a few years ago, thought of what could have been every time i saw that echo arena

Spot on, despite the clear bias against Moshiri and the letting of Kenwright off the hook.

If I were Moshiri, I’d be slapping my balls on the table at this point. I’d be buying out the rest of Kenwright/Woods’ shares, appointing my own new chairman (if that’s even required), CEO, DoF, manager, and letting the world know who is really running things.

He’s had a mixed start but I believe he’ll come good. Having all the old guard around won’t have helped.

This 100 times. Not a football guy, but wants to win. He HAS to see the incompetence at the top. Bill and the rest of the lot aren’t qualified to run a football club. Talking to a guy like Ralf as someone to transform the football side is critical, but we need a real CEO that can run the business. That shouldn’t be hard of Moshiri to find and attract.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back