Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Thankfully i think the leagues that weak this season mate, that if we could have picked a season for it to happen it'd be this one as there's room for error so to speak...

and sadly on the flip side if we could have picked a season to make a genuine assault on the top 4, this would have been it. Especially with spurs' wembley struggles. Then again, next season, arsenal with no alexis and ozil and maybe spurs will lose a couple of top players, let's hope we can do some good business on all fronts before the start of next season.

For the love of God though why can't Kenwright put his ego aside and assist Moshiri in doing the best for the club?

He always has to own anything we do properly, and then hides and gets his media friends to fight his corner when we're in trouble.

If this persists until the building of the stadium we have years of instability ahead.

They are both successful businessmen - surely working together their asset value increases all the more.
I agree mate Bills input would be invaluable especially if Moshiri needs to buy a new with strippy colours or if he knows a couple of brothers who have fell out over a bird

and sadly on the flip side if we could have picked a season to make a genuine assault on the top 4, this would have been it. Especially with spurs' wembley struggles. Then again, next season, arsenal with no alexis and ozil and maybe spurs will lose a couple of top players, let's hope we can do some good business on all fronts before the start of next season.

Ultimately we could never ever maintain a push upwards though without a clear sweeping up throughout the club from the top down mate.

so the sooner the better, a top 4 finish would have actually long term drawn the entire situation out possibly by years.

For the love of God though why can't Kenwright put his ego aside and assist Moshiri in doing the best for the club?

He always has to own anything we do properly, and then hides and gets his media friends to fight his corner when we're in trouble.

If this persists until the building of the stadium we have years of instability ahead.

They are both successful businessmen - surely working together their asset value increases all the more.

Because without Everton - then Kenwright would be a part time long ago actor who put some plays with moderate success on now and again mate.

Look at the amount of media coverage over the past 20 years Kenwright has gotten, compare it to his previous 20 years before Everton, and compare it with a similar sized 'theatre impresario'

Kenwright may have once been a 'massive blue' - but this is certainly and has been since day one, more about him than it has ever been about Everton FC - BUT the fact he's a 'blue' has seen him stay in power - relatively unscrutinised when any other owner with his record would have been driven out on at least 3 separate occassions

You not think the fact Bascombe has his 'souces' high up amongst the old everton hierarchy has something to do with the slant of this article.

case in point here - this is about the failed stadium moves of the past in this very article.

This should have been a good week for Everton. Hopes for a new stadium, which have been a combination of the expensive, over-ambitious and downright unpalatable over 20 years, look more realistic than ever.

Where exactly does the Kings dock fall into that - a stadium that was torpedoed by Kenwright ultimately, expensive - far from it, over ambitious - again the contract at a amazingly cheap cost was there to be signed - so not over ambition when you have something offered to you. Unpalatable - far from it again - every fan i know wanted that move more than anything.

Would maybe read that article and think it was unbiased if it stated that Moshiri finally looked like getting the new ground that Kenwright had failed to do by incompetence, lying and by being more concerned with gaining and keeping power at the club than the actual future success and well being of that club.

But Bascombe won't write that because he's a Kenwright stooge, but by all means lap up these wave of anti Moshiri articles - without ever wondering why the likes of Joyce, Bascombe, McNulty, Hunter, never once questioned Kenwright, Vibrac, Earls involvement, the multiple failed ground moves, the genuine investment and purchase of the club by ambitious owners who Kenwright gave short shrift too as he wasn't willing to let go of the train set, or any other host of dodgy crap this club has pulled

I said as much yesterday to Dave mate. This smacks me of the old guard putting up a fight to remain at the club, briefing most of their print journalist contacts to attack Moshiri.

I know a lot think it's about the Jim White stuff. It may be a factor but the level of insight they are getting makes me think they are getting more briefed than that higher up.

If the reports of Elstone sacking or position under review are true then that kind of fits in. That will not go down well with the old board.

I always sensed options would be around the new stadium. That announcement of exchange is very significant and has almost been lost in amongst the understandable negativity of a 5-1 hammering. That announcements would mean more to follow in the new year and possibly a buy out then.

It also loosely ties in with AU at Arsenal and having a far bigger project in the summer for managers.

I'm having a party when Kenwright is turfed out. All are welcome. Even clappers lol
I'll come, on the condition that these can't.

I remember coming off that Blue Union march against him and they had Kenwright's fat grid on the screen. Some people were clapping like their lives depended on it. Made me sick to support the same team as them.

They're equally to blame for accepting all they did.

I said as much yesterday to Dave mate. This smacks me of the old guard putting up a fight to remain at the club, briefing most of their print journalist contacts to attack Moshiri.

I know a lot think it's about the Jim White stuff. It may be a factor but the level of insight they are getting makes me think they are getting more briefed than that higher up.

If the reports of Elstone sacking or position under review are true then that kind of fits in. That will not go down well with the old board.

I always sensed options would be around the new stadium. That announcement of exchange is very significant and has almost been lost in amongst the understandable negativity of a 5-1 hammering. That announcements would mean more to follow in the new year and possibly a buy out then.

It also loosely ties in with AU at Arsenal and having a far bigger project in the summer for managers.

Also interesting that all the connected Everton journo's basically ignored as much as they could the stadium thing, instead choosing to run their headlines attacking Moshiri - and using an entirely meaningless game and result in which to further those stories, which smacks of burying good news with bad.

Analyse this, north west sports reporters think that Everton - who are already out of the competition before the game - losing 5-1 to a side is a more important news story than the stadium development on contracts and funding...

No way shape or form does that make any sense without an agenda.

I remember coming off that Blue Union march against him and they had Kenwright's fat grid on the screen. Some people were clapping like their lives depended on it. Made me sick to support the same team as them.

Playing devil's advocate, some people just believe what they read in a paper mate or hear from a pundit etc.

and their depth for wanting to know more than those sound-bites just aren't there. And anyone challenging those points they either don't want to hear, because to hear means they have to think and it challenges their simple view of a situation.

Same mentality ofc that gets a country to vote to 'f' itself up for generations in the Brexit vote etc

Playing devil's advocate, some people just believe what they read in a paper mate or hear from a pundit etc.

and their depth for wanting to know more than those sound-bites just aren't there. And anyone challenging those points they either don't want to hear, because to hear means they have to think and it challenges their simple view of a situation.

Same mentality ofc that gets a country to vote to 'f' itself up for generations in the Brexit vote etc
I wasn't around in the 1980's, but this is why I'll always hold Neville Southall in a higher regard than Graeme Sharp.

Neville has said 'sack the board', in comparison, Sharp tows the club line. He is a club lapdog. He claimed that the protest was 'one man and his dog' - it wasn't. Turning on loyal fans who want better to stick up for Kenwright. He should hang his head in shame.

Said the same earlier today it's like the NHS brexit bus all over again.

Moshiri may or may not know football but he tried for monchi we couldn't convince him so he rightly or wrongly choose the man credited with a large hand in leicesters premier league title.

We are linked with rangnick who without having a massive knowledge or RB Leipzig seems to be the brains behind it.

Other than zorc at Dortmund or luis campos at Monaco I'm not sure he could have targeted this area any better he clearly understands the requirement of this type of individual within a business model that can ensure success.

Kenwright has brought us elstone, Keith Harris & nothing but failure I wasn't going to mention fortress and Samuelson.

It's heartbreaking that people can't see through all this.

I wasn't around in the 1980's, but this is why I'll always hold Neville Southall in a higher regard than Graeme Sharp.

Neville has said 'sack the board', in comparison, Sharp tows the club line. He is a club lapdog. He claimed that the protest was 'one man and his dog' - it wasn't. Turning on loyal fans who want better to stick up for Kenwright. He should hang his head in shame.

Problem with players form Sharps era or earlier is that in relative terms they weren't paid huge amounts mate, and generally have to still earn a wage to live, the club is a nice convenient one as long as they toe the party line, can't necessarily blame them for it, but can lose any respect for them as a person like. You ever heard sharp give an interview or in general talking mate, he'd struggle to find anything work wise that wasn't related to his footy career and specifically Everton. same goes for the vast majority of former players

Big Nev <3 the mad 'f'ker as he honestly doesn't give two craps about who he has a go at.

Villa at home if I remember correctly. Just remember been 2-0, Kenwright pops up and majority of the ground clapped him. Some fella behind me in the gwladys was going ballistic that people around him were clapping Kenwright.

I’ve got him as a procrastinator as it takes him forever to make any important decision. Martinez sacking. Koeman sacking. New Manager. Board changes. I could go on.

I don’t need any journalist.

The article you’ve quoted talks about how he went on his own & decisively to go and get Silva.

Naive yes, procrastinator most certainly not.

We know he pulled the trigger on Martinez when Kenwright wanted him to stay. Absolutely baffling the criticism you’re levelling at him. It doesn’t make sense tbh

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back