Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Ironic that someone with that name should find himself with Kenwrights hand firmly up his arse pulling the strings to suit his agenda.

Scumbags the lot of them.
It is hard to imagine how such a frugal club that was well known for being so has been turned into what we are now.

Its almost like there must be a lot of brown envelopes passing around because the board want a final payday.

Moshiri could well be just a nice man, who is a little naive that is being played by a bunch of vipers.

I would love to know the real story but so much doesn't make sense.

Well we've seen the ground being prepared for that yesterday.

Moshiri allowed Koeman to spend irresponsibly in the summer. I knew then that he was a clueless biff who will stumble from one disaster to another while here.

He got handed £2B to park up by his mate. Some though actually think this feller knows what he's doing and he's a genius of some kind.

Going in for Allardyce TWICE and then handing him his best ever pay day should alert them to the fact he's a clown.
No I think they are preparing us for a lack of investment in the squad.

The stadium may fall through but I can't see Moshiri allowing that to happen unless he simply runs out of money.

It is hard to imagine how such a frugal club that was well known for being so has been turned into what we are now.

Its almost like there must be a lot of brown envelopes passing around because the board want a final payday.

Moshiri could well be just a nice man, who is a little naive that is being played by a bunch of vipers.

Shambles just about sums it up.

No I think they are preparing us for a lack of investment in the squad.

The stadium may fall through but I can't see Moshiri allowing that to happen unless he simply runs out of money.
He's way out of his depth here.

This club's too big for him.

He should have bought Swansea or some club like that. He obviously wanted to step out of other peoples shadows to see what it's like to be head honcho at a PL club. The expectations are enormous here and they'll never be allowed to be dumbed down beyond a certain point. You cant come into a club like this and promise that things wont ever be the same then give us two years of ineptitude.

Things better start falling into place on and off the field quickly for Moshiri or he's going to find out what it was like to be Peter Johnson.

That is my impression.

I really don't know who is advising him on the football front, but he is being played majorly.

He should have bought Swansea or some club like that. He obviously wanted to step out of other peoples shadows to see what it's like to be head honcho at a PL club. The expectations are enormous here and they'll never be allowed to be dumbed down beyond a certain point. You cant come into a club like this and promise that things wont ever be the same then give us two years of ineptitude.

Things better start falling into place on and off the field quickly for Moshiri or he's going to find out what it was like to be Peter Johnson.
Agreed. If the plan is premiership survival we need something concrete regarding the stadium plus something more hopeful on the pitch unlike the current dour football at the moment. I can understand people wanting to see the kids but right now the senior players aren't good enough and no top talent will come to a club playing percentage football.

I doubt he would get much of a hard time. Too much apathy from Evertonians after a couple of poor seasons due to two decades of Bill Kenwright.
Mid table finishes will be seen as the norm for Everton.

A lot has been said about Steve Walsh and Koeman, agree with most in the sense that it hasn't been great to say the least. What I will also say is the blaming on those two soley for our problems I find a little questionable.

Surely those two had conversations, not only with Farhad but with the Chairman, the CEO and so forth, about what the plans are, who are the players being targeted and who is leaving. Surely this is a collective responsibility rather than just those two? Not defending them by any means, I just don't think they are soley to blame.

As for Farhad himself, I wasn't convinced by the "nothing will be the same" tag at the time, due to being wary of the clubs failings under the self proclaimed biggest Evertonian. He is still there by the way along with others such as Woods and Robert Elstone. Is that really a new regime? A new start?

When people are astounded at the cynicism that is obviously there with some fans, surely you can understand why at some level ? There has been far too many cases of one step forward and two back with Everton over the years and this past summer was another example.

I see it as a club with massive potential, when these set backs happen after hopes being built up, you can understand why some might be fed up after all these years. Doesn't make them any less of a fan.

A lot has been said about Steve Walsh and Koeman, agree with most in the sense that it hasn't been great to say the least. What I will also say is the blaming on those two soley for our problems I find a little questionable.

Surely those two had conversations, not only with Farhad but with the Chairman, the CEO and so forth, about what the plans are, who are the players being targeted and who is leaving. Surely this is a collective responsibility rather than just those two? Not defending them by any means, I just don't think they are soley to blame.

As for Farhad himself, I wasn't convinced by the "nothing will be the same" tag at the time, due to being wary of the clubs failings under the self proclaimed biggest Evertonian. He is still there by the way along with others such as Woods and Robert Elstone. Is that really a new regime? A new start?

When people are astounded at the cynicism that is obviously there with some fans, surely you can understand why at some level ? There has been far too many cases of one step forward and two back with Everton over the years and this past summer was another example.

I see it as a club with massive potential, when these set backs happen after hopes being built up, you can understand why some might be fed up after all these years. Doesn't make them any less of a fan.
The facts are he hired a Dutch Moyes and a scout who was known for working within a tight budget and finding gems. So it does look like the strategy was premiership survival without investment in the squad until the stadium is finished.

We would have been better of giving both jobs to Moyes.

However he has also been let down badly by Kenwright and Co and those he hired.

Other clubs with far less status or money stay in the league without resorting to hoofball.

The strategy was wrong to begin with.

He’s the best player at the club at the moment. I doubt we would sell him this early in his career at Everton.

If he keeps getting better though you can see him at United when De Gea goes to Spain.
...and they will probably give us their reserve keeper (and token cash) in return; that's how the food chain works - the weak are a feeder to the strong. Everton's spending mismanagement last summer ensures we remain a feeder club.

I have said on many previous occasion, that fatty Koeman and Gormless Walsh have wrought terrible damage on Everton : the 'top 6 glass ceiling' is further away now than it has ever been.

Needs to step back and look at what is going on, that last window was a disaster, everybody with even a limited knowledge of football knew we needed a striker why didn't we get one.
Is Walsh up to the job?
Well recruitment has been rubbish, we have had a change of management and no signs that anything on the playing side of Everton throughout the club has got better since his arrival.
Been done to death but needs to get rid of the old guard Kenwright , Woods, ect who's only claim to fame is residing over decades of stagnation, being unsuccessful on the pitch, and getting away with changing a view of the club from being one of the big players to plucky little Everton.
In short needs a team around him to match his ambitions as at the moment from the boardroom to the manager they are far below the standard to achieve anything approaching were we should be.
If he doesn't become more ruthless he will be wasting his time here as the fans are well over the honeymoon period with him.

So much negativity in here, a lot of you act like he hasn't spent a penny or made a difference.

We still spent 70 million net after the Lukaku sale (150m total) and you still moan; we could only have dreamt of that pre Moshiri.

Blame Koeman for spending it all on dross, to which Moshiri took action.

The club's too big for him lol

The club that hasn't won a trophy in a generation of fans? A league title in decades?

This club is too big for no billionaire Dave time to wake up and realise what year it is

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back