Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Got a lot to answer for now that we have confirmation that he will have lost Stones, Lukaku, and Barkley in his short time here despite claiming it was his priority to keep them.
When he took control:

"There is much to be done and things for me to learn but I can confirm that I have committed to providing additional funds for transfers and retaining our key players to ensure that we have a strong core to build on for the future."

He could "confirm" that.

When he took control:

"There is much to be done and things for me to learn but I can confirm that I have committed to providing additional funds for transfers and retaining our key players to ensure that we have a strong core to build on for the future."

He could "confirm" that.

but but but, he's paid off all our debt and he's got the council to mortgage the dock land for 40 years for us dave..

absolutely spot on.

And no I haven't been accounting for 30 years, I just use my eyes and ears and can physically see whats gone on at Everton. don't need any qualifications to do that.

the cladding looks ace tho. he must of known it would be up for a lot longer than 3 years

That cladding, though.

That was a warning signal.

Papering over the cracks.

This looks to be something set to continue for another year at least, perhaps more, depending on the outcome of the stadium.
If that were to go pear-shaped, then the only obvious conclusion is that Moshiri will bail ou
t and would probably sell his stake back to Bill alone, or to Bill and an assortment of his mates with connections.

I can't actually see that happening due to the pervasive influence of Usmanov with this development, but even so, all that seems in store in the near future is more instability and drift.
That looks odds on to me.

Scene setting : An interview in the 20 year future.

Interviewer : Mr Moshiri, you are a man worth nearly $2 million, what do you put that extraordinary net worth down to?

Farhad : Investing in Everton back in 2015

Interviewer : But things looked so bright back then- the allure of the Premier League, the TV money, the possible new stadium and new revenue streams...it all seemed so rosy; what can you say to explain how it all went so wrong?

Farhad : two words - 'Everton that'

Interviewer : Is it really that simple?. What happened to the ambitions, the dreams...the hope?

Farhad : Hope?, you mention hope? Well, as regards hope,the biggest lesson Everton taught me, as it has taught generations of its supporters, is all to do with hope.

Interviewer : And that lesson is what ?

Farhad : That, when it comes to Everton, 'it's the hope, that kills you'.

Happy New Year everybody!!!
I don't think Farhad will be with us in 20 years..

The main thing that concerns me is how many obvious buffoons remain in the club.

If I was going to invest my own money into a club the first thing I would want to do is remove the ineptitude which has crippled us for years. Two years later they still seem to be there. Why would you invest without wanting to get rid of the prime targets straight from the off?

The main thing that concerns me is how many obvious buffoons remain in the club.

If I was going to invest my own money into a club the first thing I would want to do is remove the ineptitude which has crippled us for years. Two years later they still seem to be there. Why would you invest without wanting to get rid of the prime targets straight from the off?

In fact Mosh has some of his own folk in there, (ex KGB!) lol

You're right; he sold his shares back to Bill and Woods back in in the summer of 2020...a beaten man. That 2038 interview was a reflective piece on his overall business career, and what deal precipitated his devastating fall from grace.

...nah....what really beat him was 2027, when the Liver Buildings became a doss house for the homeless...and 2029 when they found Klopp and Elstone sharing a very tiny room there......

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back