Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The club's too big for him lol

The club that hasn't won a trophy in a generation of fans? A league title in decades?

This club is too big for no billionaire Dave time to wake up and realise what year it is
I tend to agree mate. There is no small element of delusion amongst Evertonians regarding our present-day stature. I'm a bit peeved that we've done a typical 'Everton that' in ballsing up the Moshiri investment...but I'm unsurprised.

I think Blue Bill saw Farhad coming. The latter comes across as a nice bloke; but he does appear out of his depth. Blue Bill will smile and hug you... while sticking a stiletto blade between your ribs.

If it were me sticking considerable millions into an investment, I certainly wouldn't only hold 49.9% of shares....and I would most certainly have cleared out toxic fifth columnists tout de suite.

He's way out of his depth here.

This club's too big for him.

He should have bought Swansea or some club like that. He obviously wanted to step out of other peoples shadows to see what it's like to be head honcho at a PL club. The expectations are enormous here and they'll never be allowed to be dumbed down beyond a certain point. You cant come into a club like this and promise that things wont ever be the same then give us two years of ineptitude.

Things better start falling into place on and off the field quickly for Moshiri or he's going to find out what it was like to be Peter Johnson.

totally agree.

who the hell told him buying into Everton and feeding us phony baloni would wash with 50,000 scousers??

oh lawwwwdy

*face-palms

Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered but what is delaying him completing the task of buying more shares in the club to make him officially the majority shareholder?

It will be two years in March since he came on board.

Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered but what is delaying him completing the task of buying more shares in the club to make him officially the majority shareholder?

It will be two years in March since he came on board.

I'm sure it had something to do with planning permission...

that's going well isn't it..

The thing is lack of leadership.

There is no apparent chain of command which makes accountability for poor performance very difficult to achieve.

When Moshiri bought in, and Kenwright remained, I understood that that was part of the agreement between them, but I naively expected Kenwright was remaining as Chairman mostly as a gesture of goodwill from Moshiri, and to ease the transition between the old board and the new.

I actually thought it was a sop to Kenwright's ego more than anything, and that his role would be purely PR at a supposedly exciting time for the club. I could understand at one level how he didn't want to spend 16 years as Chairman (?) and that he wouldn't hand over without conditions, and let someone else steal HIS limelight at HIS club.

And I'm not saying everything has failed, but 2 years on, and its turning into a major disappointment. We have Moshiri who is either unable or unwilling to force through the changes badly needed at the club, and Kenwright, insistent on keeping a grip on the inside. No business, football-related, or other, can be successful and implement a change and reform agenda with such a mish-mash of people from different camps and with different agendas. In the meantime we stumble on, and look to have done a particularly bad job of transfers and getting value for money. Who is responsible and where does accountability lie?

This looks to be something set to continue for another year at least, perhaps more, depending on the outcome of the stadium.

If that were to go pear-shaped, then the only obvious conclusion is that Moshiri will bail out and would probably sell his stake back to Bill alone, or to Bill and an assortment of his mates with connections.

I can't actually see that happening due to the pervasive influence of Usmanov with this development, but even so, all that seems in store in the near future is more instability and drift.

2 years blues, 2 bleeding years .... and whats he done?? for me its ALL about league position and if anything we have stagnated, even tho we have been given 100's of millions in TV money.

£100's of millions in TV money, plus £50m for stones and £90m for lukaku.. plus whatever we get for ross.

3 of our best players sold from under our noses and nowt in return.

just mumblings, from jim white

well in Everton

2 years blues, 2 bleeding years .... and whats he done?? for me its ALL about league position and if anything we have stagnated, even tho we have been given 100's of millions in TV money.

£100's of millions in TV money, plus £50m for stones and £90m for lukaku.. plus whatever we get for ross.

3 of our best players sold from under our noses and nowt in return.

just mumblings, from jim white

well in Everton

Well we've improved that...

The first transfer window under this complete joker showed us everything we needed to know guys, not many player sales, not many incoming players until Lukaku was sold and now look at how bad our footballing reputation has become, i hate his guts.

The first transfer window under this complete joker showed us everything we needed to know guys, not many player sales, not many incoming players until Lukaku was sold and now look at how bad our footballing reputation has become, i hate his guts.

evening jim...

no no no, we would never have sold james McCarthy, he is part of the Everton family...

**cringes

Laughing at the concerted pushback in this thread and the stadium thread on behalf of this grossly incompetent owner and his keystone cops regime.

Critics are "financially illiterate" because we cant "see the level of backing" that they see. That's because we measure Moshiri by the claims he made when arriving here: he said he'd change things forever, nothing would be the same, he'd give 'everything'. That is all demonstrably wrong. He's acquired shares, he's acquired debt - that is for his future benefit as it hands him a massive proportion of the cake when that debt is added to his shares as equity (and it was necessary in any case because the stadium that has to be built to realise his objective of multiplying the value of his shares required the long term debt to be paid off to get it off the ground). The squad spending has been overwhelmingly on the back of a generation-only event of selling two players for £140M and the massive tv cash increase since he arrived, which have swollen our revenues.

And all of the above has got us where? The stadium is still an abstraction, we're even unsure of the stadium capacity (it could be less than a DK stadium...and possibly not much better quality...how would we know? we dont get told); the club's status is at its lowest since the late 90s and we have a terrible brand of football and a manager whose best days were at Bolton 25 years ago.

That's what's happened on Moshiri's watch.

Laughing at the concerted pushback in this thread and the stadium thread on behalf of this grossly incompetent owner and his keystone cops regime.

Critics are "financially illiterate" because we cant "see the level of backing" that they see. That's because we measure Moshiri by the claims he made when arriving here: he said he'd change things forever, nothing would be the same, he'd give 'everything'. That is all demonstrably wrong. He's acquired shares, he's acquired debt - that is for his future benefit as it hands him a massive proportion of the cake when that debt is added to his shares as equity (and it was necessary in any case because the stadium that has to be built to realise his objective of multiplying the value of his shares required the long term debt to be paid off to get it off the ground). The squad spending has been overwhelmingly on the back of a generation-only event of selling two players for £140M and the massive tv cash increase since he arrived, which have swollen our revenues.

And all of the above has got us where? The stadium is still an abstraction, we're even unsure of the stadium capacity (it could be less than a DK stadium...and possibly not much better quality...how would we know? we dont get told); the club's status is at its lowest since the late 90s and we have a terrible brand of football and a manager whose best days were at Bolton 25 years ago.

That's what's happened on Moshiri's watch.

absolutely spot on.

And no I haven't been accounting for 30 years, I just use my eyes and ears and can physically see whats gone on at Everton. don't need any qualifications to do that.

the cladding looks ace tho. he must of known it would be up for a lot longer than 3 years

Got a lot to answer for now that we have confirmation that he will have lost Stones, Lukaku, and Barkley in his short time here despite claiming it was his priority to keep them.

people seem to be sweeping this under the carpet as if its nothing.

I get they might of wanted to leave BUT make them offers they cant refuse to stay and make us strong and more desirable to other quality players... that's ambition.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back