Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Piece in the Guardian about Smug Suntan Bob's possible new job

"The RFL is welcoming applications to become the sport’s new chief executive in this country after the announcement that Wood would leave this month. He is expected to become the new head of the Rugby League International Federation, with a number of high-profile names linked as his replacement including the Everton CEO, Rob Elstone."
latest

I think the past 2 years (well almost 2 years) under Moshiri has been chaotic to say the least.The club has turned into a media circus, and we have Sam Allardyce as our manager.I don't mean that as a slight towards Sam.It's just that this club descended into such a basket case, we had to get him in to sort of stabilize us.I think the summer will reveal all about Moshiri.

Will he get the next managerial appointment right?Because i think the vast majority of us, would want a new manager in our dugout in August.And of course we need to see further developments on the new stadium.Oh and someone should tell him to stop conducting club business, through Jim White.It just smacks of unprofessionalism.I still think the jury is very much out on this guy.

This is the thing that worries me most.

I have very little faith in him making the right choice given he moved heaven and earth to entice Koeman, very luckily dodged a bullet with the Watford bloke and was panicked into appointing Sam.

I am worried already :Blink:

Do you like the fact that under Moshiri we have gone backwards on field?
He/they were correct, nothing is the same. We are now worse.

No I don't like it but that was down to koeman mostly and depending how much input he's havering,Walsh. I mean mosh backed him financially and that's all we want isn't it? You don't want him buying players and saying who the manager can and can't buy. He got the koeman appointment wrong and personally I don't want a DOF. Mosh made a bad appointment and has made a good appointment (as in not getting relagated) with sam. He must get the next manager right or else he won't have menu supporters left

Do you like the fact that under Moshiri we have gone backwards on field?
He/they were correct, nothing is the same. We are now worse.

Hope you don't mind me saying but that's a silly question! He supplied money, he got in a manager that took saints to their highest finish in donkeys. (x2)

We can moan but he has done what he can, unless we find out in Koeman's autobiography that Moshiri forced Rooney/Klaassen et all on him and then decided to take up the position of defensive coordinator, it is hardly his fault is it? Easy in hindsight to point out failures but who that was/is willing to come is 100% dead cert not to fail?

We have seen with Spurs and City (& the RS & utd after Ferguson but before Mourhino tbh) that just because you have cash doesn't mean you get a decent team straightaway, although over time they have improved. If it was simple all clubs would be doing it. Time will tell if we elevate to that elite group or go the way of QPR, Portsmouth and Leeds that had money and blew it. (Not saying we will be liquidated just return to normal levels of spending)

Hope you don't mind me saying but that's a silly question! He supplied money, he got in a manager that took saints to their highest finish in donkeys. (x2)

We can moan but he has done what he can, unless we find out in Koeman's autobiography that Moshiri forced Rooney/Klaassen et all on him and then decided to take up the position of defensive coordinator, it is hardly his fault is it? Easy in hindsight to point out failures but who that was/is willing to come is 100% dead cert not to fail?

We have seen with Spurs and City (& the RS & utd after Ferguson but before Mourhino tbh) that just because you have cash doesn't mean you get a decent team straightaway, although over time they have improved. If it was simple all clubs would be doing it. Time will tell if we elevate to that elite group or go the way of QPR, Portsmouth and Leeds that had money and blew it. (Not saying we will be liquidated just return to normal levels of spending)
Straight up, would you prefer the squad in Martinez’s final season or this one now?

Straight up, would you prefer the squad in Martinez’s final season or this one now?
Of course the old one but could say that about last year's squad too. But how is that Moshiri's fault? Unless you have an owner who picks the players himself. Would/could we have even offered Rom & Ross large contracts if it hadn't have bought into the club for instance? Are there things wrong with us at the moment? Absolutely, but that is more down to the people he employed and the people already at the club BUT there were sound reasons for him doing that and trusting what they wanted.

You can't course correct in a couple of weeks, this will take a period of time to undo what has happened and rebalance the squad with some pace and power. We have stockpiled some younger players that may turn into stars so maybe these last few windows won't be the disasters that they appear to be at the moment, let's hope that is the case.

The rot set in way before Moshiri took over, Rom and others were looking to move on regardless. If we had continued the progression from Martinez's first season then maybe we could have kept the core of that squad and added to it but we didn't and we got to the point that Southampton supporters believed they were a bigger club and you had people like John Motson agreeing with them. Hardly surprising we struggle to attract and keep our best players, this is not a problem just exclusive to us though, look at our neighbours for instance.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back