Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Definitely set us back with the Koeman appointment. That being said ultimately I'm judging his tenure on if he delivers a boss stadium or not.
I think most will. But the recent statements dont fill me with confidence. And if it is pushed through it has to not be massively over budget. That is something that could mean we get zero benefit from it for decades.

Definitely set us back with the Koeman appointment. That being said ultimately I'm judging his tenure on if he delivers a boss stadium or not.

The stadium project is crucial to our hopes going forward.Of course in the meantime, performances on the pitch have to be at an acceptable level as well.But really the bramley moore dock project is crucial to help us move forward as a club, and challenge the elite again.

I think most will. But the recent statements dont fill me with confidence. And if it is pushed through it has to not be massively over budget. That is something that could mean we get zero benefit from it for decades.

Slightly off topic, but been chewing this, (stadium) over the last few days in my van. I reckon a long term, part ownership, lease to buy arrangement might be in the works. It makes a weird sense to me.

Moshiri may be a good business man but very naive in football terms, but him and the rest pulled the wool over my eyes in the summer, a good few players in quick on paper they looked good and I thought great season ahead, it actually made me not realise until after a few months of the season we had big problems that were made by people at the top. Biggest one was we made it so easy for united to buy Lukaku and we under sold him, we should have pushed much harder for top money £100 million take it or leave it deal, he did still have 2 years in his contract, Selling Barry was a big mistake I didn't think so at the time but we have missed him badl. Barkley was a big issue too he's been like a cloud lurking behind the scenes but we couldn't do much about that, but the whole thing should have been sorted much earlier. Not getting a striker and LB cover, what really were they all thinking no way should Lukaku have been aloud to leave with out one lined up. I think and hope they have learned from all of this, it's a bit of a transition time again but now we have a striker and a second player that has been stealing a wage looks to be going, so some money in and frees up some wages. Only us could get clueless people at the top.

Moshiri may be a good business man but very naive in football terms, but him and the rest pulled the wool over my eyes in the summer, a good few players in quick on paper they looked good and I thought great season ahead, it actually made me not realise until after a few months of the season we had big problems that were made by people at the top. Biggest one was we made it so easy for united to buy Lukaku and we under sold him, we should have pushed much harder for top money £100 million take it or leave it deal, he did still have 2 years in his contract, Selling Barry was a big mistake I didn't think so at the time but we have missed him badl. Barkley was a big issue too he's been like a cloud lurking behind the scenes but we couldn't do much about that, but the whole thing should have been sorted much earlier.
Staggering to me mate. The whole Everton world, bar Moshiri, the Board, and you it seems, could see we were in absolute disarray with our list balance well before the transfer window ended/season started.

Staggering to me mate. The whole Everton world, bar Moshiri, the Board, and you it seems, could see we were in absolute disarray with our list balance well before the transfer window ended/season started.
Well I thought when the window closed Koeman must have been confident, Rooney,Sandro or DCL were up to the task of replacing Lukaku which I believe has been our biggest problem (not having even a half decent striker). In a way Rooney has since sort of replaced Barry and as we have found out not really suited to being a striker nowadays, DCL has tried and is tidy enough, but to be honest isn't that good, I'm not sure he would even score or make chances at Man City, he's championship level to me. Sandro is a strange one, we haven't seem much from him and to be fair he looks pretty terrible, he may improve but we needed him to be good from the off. Now hopefully with Tosun that's problem is sorted. LB was another strange one, I was happy enough Baines being first choice but he had no back up, Garbutt not registered seemed a strange one as he is a natural LB, imo he would have been better than no one or Martina. So basically a LB in now that would be striker and LB sorted, that should improve us quite a bit, 2 players now gone who have tbh brought nothing but depression to the club in recent times and stole a very good wage. So let's sees if athey start to get things right now.

Well I thought when the window closed Koeman must have been confident, Rooney,Sandro or DCL were up to the task of replacing Lukaku which I believe has been our biggest problem (not having even a half decent striker). In a way Rooney has since sort of replaced Barry and as we have found out not really suited to being a striker nowadays, DCL has tried and is tidy enough, but to be honest isn't that good, I'm not sure he would even score or make chances at Man City, he's championship level to me. Sandro is a strange one, we haven't seem much from him and to be fair he looks pretty terrible, he may improve but we needed him to be good from the off. Now hopefully with Tosun that's problem is sorted. LB was another strange one, I was happy enough Baines being first choice but he had no back up, Garbutt not registered seemed a strange one as he is a natural LB, imo he would have been better than no one or Martina. So basically a LB in now that would be striker and LB sorted, that should improve us quite a bit, 2 players now gone who have tbh brought nothing but depression to the club in recent times and stole a very good wage. So let's sees if athey start to get things right now.
We thought we were getting a 40m striker for 5m hence why we paid him huge wages.

Lukaku Stones and Barkley all sold under Moshiris watch.

Do you really think under Kenwright with us mortgaged to the hilt that these players would have stayed? Liverpool have sold off any player of note, Spurs will do, Arsenal regularly do. It’s the way the game works. Some of these players had given us more years than Suarez gave that lot. They were bound to leave at some point.

Do you really think under Kenwright with us mortgaged to the hilt that these players would have stayed? Liverpool have sold off any player of note, Spurs will do, Arsenal regularly do. It’s the way the game works. Some of these players had given us more years than Suarez gave that lot. They were bound to leave at some point.
Maybe, maybe not however I do think we would have spent the money wiser.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back