Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
GYI0095871421.jpg

The one who had just knackered his knee :)

I said great signing.

Gana is decent especially for the price but he wouldn't start at any of the top 6.

Unlike Stones, Arteta, Baines, Coleman, Rom etc.

Under Moyes he would just be a decent signing.
Up until the end of the summer weren't Chelsea & Arsenal said to be monitoring him?

He's been naive and I think it's partly down to the fact that he isn't a 'football man' per se. He had best intentions with Koeman & Walsh and I actually admired how swiftly he got rid of Koeman when it could've rumbled on and on. I also do believe that Walsh isn't safe right now either and that Allardyce could very well just be shown the door with a 'thanks' at the end of the season regardless.

His actions are more like that of a businessman rather than a football club 'owner', which is good or bad depending on how you view it. Our accounts and general dealings away from the actual football have largely been positive, but ultimately fans are only ever arsed about what happens on the pitch and that's were he's faltered.

One thing I do know for sure - he hasn't shied away from spending money for the club.
As another poster said over £200m spent, the wage bill almost doubled, a conveyor belt of managers with big pay offs, money put into the club listed as debt (albeit on very good terms) and no real information on the new stadium. All of this and we have an inferior squad (with only Pickford, Gana and maybe some of the young lads as saleable assets), the same ineffective board room (plus a couple of other useless staff members - what exactly is Steve Walsh's job?) and worst of all, Fat Sam as manager.

Where are we going as a club? What is Moshiri's plan? Who knows? He certainly doesn't communicate with us in any meaningful way. Maybe Jim White knows?

Dont worry I am sure the sale of Barkley two hours before kick off
will gee the team up !

You really could not make it up.

On a day the whole club and its fans should be focusing 100% on a game which has the potential to galvanise our whole, thus far lacklustre season, they go ahead and make the sale of one of our great hopes the great talking point.

Why could they not even wait until Monday morning to do the business?

Do one, Everton.

Really because I remember Martinez holding firm on Stones and given the increase in TV money financially we were fine.

The only thing any supporter of Moshiri can point to is the stadium and I really fear that depended on the Commonwealth Games because so far it doesn't look like Moshiri has any plans to bankroll it.

At least he won't hang around like bad smell and will take Kenwright with him.
Go read the accounts prior to Moshiris entrance.
Compare them to where we are now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back