Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It'll be Gana in the summer assuming he maintains fitness and the form he's showing under Sam. We tried to get him to sign up to a new contract and that's the biggest indicator.
To me it's simply asset protection to give us a stronger negotiating position when selling just like Lukaku. If Lu had signed his contract he'd have stayed for another season at most. RK even said he'd have to move on eventually and we simply never had the massive war chest required to build a top team around him.
Lukaku was the war chest.

What's your solution pal. Big clubs set the terms for players leaving. We don't. And you're happy. Says it all.
I'm never 'happy' when we sell an important player, but at the end of the day I'll never lose sleep over a player not wanting to play for Everton regardless of how things pan out.

I'm never 'happy' when we sell an important player, but at the end of the day I'll never lose sleep over a player not wanting to play for Everton regardless of how things pan out.
And so the downward spiral will continue. Out of curiosity, what were your hopes for the Moshiri reign? It can't have been this shambles, surely?

And so the downward spiral will continue. Out of curiosity, what were your hopes for the Moshiri reign? It can't have been this shambles, surely?
He's been naive and I think it's partly down to the fact that he isn't a 'football man' per se. He had best intentions with Koeman & Walsh and I actually admired how swiftly he got rid of Koeman when it could've rumbled on and on. I also do believe that Walsh isn't safe right now either and that Allardyce could very well just be shown the door with a 'thanks' at the end of the season regardless.

His actions are more like that of a businessman rather than a football club 'owner', which is good or bad depending on how you view it. Our accounts and general dealings away from the actual football have largely been positive, but ultimately fans are only ever arsed about what happens on the pitch and that's were he's faltered.

One thing I do know for sure - he hasn't shied away from spending money for the club.

He's been naive and I think it's partly down to the fact that he isn't a 'football man' per se. He had best intentions with Koeman & Walsh and I actually admired how swiftly he got rid of Koeman when it could've rumbled on and on. I also do believe that Walsh isn't safe right now either.

His actions are more like that of a businessman rather than a football club 'owner', which is good or bad depending on how you view it. Our accounts and general dealings away from the actual football have largely been positive, but ultimately fans are only ever arsed about what happens on the pitch and that's were he's faltered.
But at what cost. There's very little value in the squad. We have more debt than before he came albeit on better terms and I can't be the only one that doesn't see this wealth of talent coming through.

Plus ever since Moyes left we haven't made a a really great signing from a financial perspective apart from Rom and that was pure luck.

I'd love to know where he gets advice on footballing matters from.

Because he is having his pants pulled down by the footballing staff at the club. Surely he can see it?

Over £300m spent at the squad is worse than when he took over and we have some bog average players earning a fortune with no resale value.

But at what cost. There's very little value in the squad. We have more debt than before he came albeit on better terms and I can't be the only one that doesn't see this wealth of talent coming through.

Plus ever since Moyes left we haven't made a a really great signing from a financial perspective apart from Romania and that was pure luck.

I can't be bothered to make a pun but I appreciate the funny mistake you've made in this sentence.

I'd love to know where he gets advice on footballing matters from.

Because he is having his pants pulled down by the footballing staff at the club. Surely he can see it?

Over £300m spent at the squad is worse than when he took over and we have some bog average players earning a fortune with no resale value.

And there was me thinking my last post was from the depths of despair.

Mrs B please pass me the shot gun.

Plus ever since Moyes left we haven't made a a really great signing from a financial perspective apart from Romania and that was pure luck.
GYI0095871421.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back