Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Given the horrendous financial state the club had slipped into before Moshiri stepped in, I can only imagine they would have been sold earlier, with far less investment in the team. Our accounts were a mess, at least now we're level pegging and not paying circa 40% of income in interest payments on loans.
Think that Moshiri has been naive in his appointment of Walsh who has been very poor wrt recruitment and Koeman was a solid and uninspiring choice, likewise Allardyce. We have also been unrealistic wrt transfer targets.
They'd have been sold probably at the exact same times in the exact same order to stretch the profit out over 3 years of balance sheets and to cover 3 years of debt payments we no longer have to pay out because of Moshiri taking it off our hands.

Same here macca, I did think it was inevitable they would go but not Ross.

We've done a piss poor job of convincing them that this is the best place for their future.

We are missing 1 key ingredient Jake when it comes to convincing players and that's trophies. We lack them and don't look like winning one anytime soon.

Let's hope tonight we look like a team capable of going on a good cup run though mate.

They'd have been sold probably at the exact same times in the exact same order to stretch the profit out over 3 years of balance sheets and to cover 3 years of debt payments we no longer have to pay out because of Moshiri taking it off our hands.
Yeah. I mean for all the anger at the moment, I think we're in a much better place under Moshiri than we were under Kenwright.
He's cleared the financial decks so that we no longer live paycheck to paycheck relying on loans with ever increasing interest repayments, have made meaningful progress towards a new stadium with the purchase of dockland and getting local bodies onside, and has been investing his own money into the club.
He's been let down by his appointments and some naivety.

We are missing 1 key ingredient Jake when it comes to convincing players and that's trophies. We lack them and don't look like winning one anytime soon.

Let's hope tonight we look like a team capable of going on a good cup run though mate.

Even a trophy doesn't do much to make us look sexy to other players. I don't think your average Spaniard or Turk gives a toss about whether we've won the FA or League cup recently, they all focus on the league these days imo.

We're only ever as good as our last league finish. Until we break out of the monotony of midtable outside of the Top 6 we're going to face a continuous battle of signing players who can hopefully take us to the next level while the majority won't and those that do will continue to be poached by the teams above us.

It requires an awful lot to go right for us in the way that it has for Spurs who outside of City and their oil money have been the only club to seemingly crack into that level of elite clubs with a sustainable club model. We don't have the people in the club capable of securing this success currently in all areas of the club whether that be on the pitch, in the boardroom, or on the balance sheets.

The scary part is that even if we go about things the right way the progress can still all be undone by poor recruitment producing the consequence of poor performance in the league.

We're Sisyphus pushing his boulder up the hill.

Shame on the likes of Tony Scott for deliberately portraying this fella as something he clearly isn't all through the last two years. New era my arse, one step forward and two back constantly. That's not a new era, it's still the same monotonous crap from years before.

Nothing changes eh? We have a deal lined up, for some reason it doesn't get finalised and like magic we sell Barkley for the upfront fee.

Cavani and Costa my arse.

If this stadium isn't an absolute beast he' one of the worst things to ever happen to this club. Notgoing but misery so far. Selling all our good young players isn' a way to announce yourself to the clubs fans

Guessing when he said he didn't want Everton to be a museum he actually meant in 10 years time when Stones, Barkley, Pickford, Lukaku all come back to play under Rooney when he's our manager.

Second biggest fraud at our club after Walsh, sad reality is that he hasn't got the cash / isn't willing to spend what it takes to get us to where we want to be.

£40m net spend in the summer says it all really. Consistently sold all of our best players and relied on Walsh who has replaced them with utter dross.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back