Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I meant whatever he could afford to give the manager so the manager could buy whatever player he could with the money given.

Which was pennies. Imagine that now, he's be giving our managers 10m a window when a decent young player these days costs 15m plus, an average established player will be going for 25m plus.

Here’s a timeline of events:

Planning Permission Granted: Share price goes up, (yes this does happen) activates his share option giving the rest of our frauds with shares another big pay day.

Builds stadium: Share price again rocket, sells to whatever mug will have them.

All while Everton fart around doing nothing more than sound bites and staying safe in the Premier League.

We are goosed.

Imagine thinking Stones, Lukaku and Barkley would be sold so quick after Moshiri come in...

tbh I always thought Stones and Lukaku would be off ( well Stones surprised me when he initially tries to throw in a transfer request ) but Barkley this past year really has shocked me tbh

I honestly thought he would be here for the long haul so surprised by his actions.

Billionaires will continue to buy clubs, one just bought Barnsley(!), not for glory but for profit. In stark contrast to 10 or even 5 years ago many clubs now make a profit, that fact coupled with the prestige of elite sport club ownership will always attract buyers imo. That being said, I agree that winning a league is exceptionally difficult in the face of the wealth of some clubs now.

Agreed for profit, but not to genuinely take on the other top clubs. The figures required would be astronomical trying to invest in players and making up the shortfall of what the other clubs generate themselves.

tbh I always thought Stones and Lukaku would be off ( well Stones surprised me when he initially tries to throw in a transfer request ) but Barkley this past year really has shocked me tbh

I honestly thought he would be here for the long haul so surprised by his actions.
They all knew behind the scenes what we suspect now. Rom would have been off the summer before if someone had met our valuation.

Someone scoffed the other day when I said Moshiri couldn't handle the enormity of expectation of this club. That remark underlines how much it's true.

He's a second rater. We're wasting our time with this feller. The stadium wont get built and we'll be no better off had we still had Kenwright in control.

I read that exchange Dave and found myself in total agreement with you.

You said he would have been better employed buying Swansea or a club like that.

I mean, the likes of Swansea and another twelve of the Wee 14 would be more than happy with the treading of water we have seen here this past two years.

I am too long in the tooth to just quietly accept and expect EFC to be mere passive observers in a league we helped found when Victoria was on the throne and had won more league titles than either Manchester United or Arsenal in the days before Peter Johnson started the rot at the head of my beloved club and which now infects the whole body.

Are you even one bit excited by this game tonight?

I'm not......I think it is something to be endured.

It will be ninety minutes of parked busses and circled wagons IMO......in the hope we can get them to The Park and do the same thing again :(

I mean, the likes of Swansea and another twelve of the Wee 14 would be more than happy with the treading of water we have seen here this past two years.

I am too long in the tooth to just quietly accept and expect EFC to be mere passive observers in a league we helped found when Victoria was on the throne and had won more league titles than either Manchester United or Arsenal in the days before Peter Johnson started the rot at the head of my beloved club and which now infects the whole body.

It will be ninety minutes of parked busses and circled wagons IMO......in the hope we can get them to The Park and do the same thing again :(

I see the game going a different way tonight and we will go out attacking as its cup and not league.

but every league game this season has been an absolute chore.

Imagine thinking Stones, Lukaku and Barkley would be sold so quick after Moshiri come in...
Given the horrendous financial state the club had slipped into before Moshiri stepped in, I can only imagine they would have been sold earlier, with far less investment in the team. Our accounts were a mess, at least now we're level pegging and not paying circa 40% of income in interest payments on loans.
Think that Moshiri has been naive in his appointment of Walsh who has been very poor wrt recruitment and Koeman was a solid and uninspiring choice, likewise Allardyce. We have also been unrealistic wrt transfer targets.

Same here macca, I did think it was inevitable they would go but not Ross.

We've done a piss poor job of convincing them that this is the best place for their future.

His efforts have not been good enough. I'd at least have expected the vast majority of Evertonians to have found him wanting by now.

I reiterate: the club is too big for him. He cant handle the expectations. He'll be hated and run out of this club in the same way as Johnson was. All the evidence is there that this feller is an unfolding disaster.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back