Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
But you were right behind Bill who never done any of this? Or have Goodison mortgaged to the hilt? Or sell Bellefield to pay interest payments? Or outsource our entire commercial?
"Ye lad but eez a pyar bloo"

no mate. I wasn't behind bill. weve had crooks running this club for far too long. its just getting worse.

I accept that he’s paid our debt off and put some money in, happy days.

But for gods sake get some people around who know football, he’s looking like an absolute amateur at everything else.

This really. I have no doubts he is doing everything with the best intentions but it just isn't coming off at the moment.

From the comments on here you would think he is sitting in his office laughing that everything is going to plan. I bet he is just as peeved (if not more) that his money has been wasted and we have gone backwards. Unfortunately you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette and we need a few buys to fall into the decent category to start the ball rolling again.

The blame has to lie with Walsh he should be the one driving the recruitment and plugging holes and it is now obvious he has left us without pace and power. However the buys he has brought into the lower age groups and Henry may yet save him, but they have to be bloody good when they get in the first team.

no mate. I wasn't behind bill. weve had crooks running this club for far too long. its just getting worse.

I don't know then mate. Normally I'd say better the devil you know, but I just can't believe the club would be any better off without Moshiri. The opposite in fact. He's not an Abramovic or a Mansour, but, in my opinion, he's trying to move the club on as best he can. He's somewhat hamstrung by the current board and I'd be interested to see what happens once he becomes majority owner.

I don't know then mate. Normally I'd say better the devil you know, but I just can't believe the club would be any better off without Moshiri. The opposite in fact. He's not an Abramovic or a Mansour, but, in my opinion, he's trying to move the club on as best he can. He's somewhat hamstrung by the current board and I'd be interested to see what happens once he becomes majority owner.

we would of had £250m (£125m a season tv money) without moshiri.

we would also have sold stones and lukaku as they insisted so we would of had another £140m .

I doubt we would of been struggling.

Bill Kenwright gave the manager the money to buy whoever he wanted?! Unbelievable.

We're gonna end up with club our moaning arse fans deserve if we aren't careful.
I meant whatever he could afford to give the manager so the manager could buy whatever player he could with the money given.

Someone scoffed the other day when I said Moshiri couldn't handle the enormity of expectation of this club. That remark underlines how much it's true.

He's a second rater. We're wasting our time with this feller. The stadium wont get built and we'll be no better off had we still had Kenwright in control.
At least if Moshiri bails Kenwright will have to go too because he wont have the money for a buy back. Its all looking a bit Hicks and Gillette and look where they are now.

Weren't we linked with the group that took over Swansea before Moshiri arrived? They have pulled up some trees since they rocked up there. Least we have someone who is having a go.

I'm sure we would all love to be state owned like City and PSG but that was never going to happen, to win the league now is almost an impossible task despite what you spend. For that reason I can't see another billionaire coming to an English club outside of the top 6 and us, it would be a waste of money.

Moshiri brought in Walsh and hoped for the next best thing using the Leicester template but we failed to buy a striker with pace and more besides.

we would also have sold stones and lukaku as they insisted so we would of had another £140m .

If Moshiri had ballsed up with his own money then fair enough but he ballsed up with the clubs money.

However if he builds a good stadium all is forgiven.

Selling on all our prized assets and putting in charge an incompetent DOF.

Yeah he’s invested more than Bill has ever done, but the reason he paid them debts isn’t for the love of the club the paying of them debts is so Everton FC can gain access to funding once unavailable so in turn he can then build the stadium increase his share price and sell for a healthy profit.

Weren't we linked with the group that took over Swansea before Moshiri arrived? They have pulled up some trees since they rocked up there. Least we have someone who is having a go.

I'm sure we would all love to be state owned like City and PSG but that was never going to happen, to win the league now is almost an impossible task despite what you spend. For that reason I can't see another billionaire coming to an English club outside of the top 6 and us, it would be a waste of money.

Moshiri brought in Walsh and hoped for the next best thing using the Leicester template but we failed to buy a striker with pace and more besides.
Billionaires will continue to buy clubs, one just bought Barnsley(!), not for glory but for profit. In stark contrast to 10 or even 5 years ago many clubs now make a profit, that fact coupled with the prestige of elite sport club ownership will always attract buyers imo. That being said, I agree that winning a league is exceptionally difficult in the face of the wealth of some clubs now.

Don't we have wages and other infrastructure to pay? We would have had interest payments on top of the debt repayments also. Don't think we'd have had anywhere near 390m to be honest. (Editted sorry)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back