Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

..interesting point in his interview was that it’s very difficult to even ‘maintain the status quo’. For me, that’s all about being efficient and successful in the transfer market.

Moshiri is right in saying there has been massive investment in transfers but that investment has not been realised on the pitch. Indeed, there’s a strong argument to suggest the squad is worst than it was. Koeman has been sacked for this, we don’t know the level of Walsh’s culpability but it has to be a concern that he’s still involved in the process.

Until we become better in the transfer market we’ll always struggle to maintain the status quo. I hope Moshiri realises this.

you are not wrong mate; there might be construed element of "cringeworthy" in all this. But I view Everton like I view a much loved elderly parent/relative who gets more and more discombobulated with the passing of time (i.e. dementia) The love I feel toward them massively outweighs the minutiae of impatience and irritation and, yes, cringe , that their unpredictability and... :Blink::Blink: might induce.
Today, I am proud to be an Evertonian. And happy that Farhad is one of us...he's become a Blue. Mad as a cut snake, he is our brother. For to be an Evertonian insists certain inherent foibles, instabilities, a type of fruitcakiness. We all possess this nutty je ne sais quoi, and I'm made up Mr Mosh has it in spades!!!

We are all members of a great family

I feel honoured.

I appreciate all of this my friend. Maybe I’m just being a little sensitive but I just don’t think the “Fab Four” comment was a clever thing to say. It smacks of small mindedness and dare I say it, bitterness. I’m sure in reality he’s just being a bit tongue in cheek but why make a direct comparison with that lot and open up yourself for mocking and laughter? And I know I know, people will say who cares or listens to the RS, but by making that comparison HE suggests that he’s very much aware of them.

Worse, why make a direct comparison when we’ve just lost our latest derby, been knocked out the cup and had our season effectively finished by our local rivals? A derby were by his own terms 3 of our Fab Four started and two of theirs did. That’s not exactly fabulous *jazz hands* is it?

For me he can say whatever he likes about off field activities provided we see action. But this is not a season to be throwing around terms like “fab four”, whatever the context. And I repeat, definitely not after Friday’s game. We have been a massive disappointment this year- him sticking it to kopites doesn’t change that.

And honestly, he knows what he’s doing when he says “fab four”, it’s no accident he uses that phrase, it’s used specifically. He doesn’t just pull it out the air, although it’s probably out of his backside. He’s hoping blues will enjoy it, but I think our ambitions are a little loftier and our concerns greater than how much needle our owner can stick to the RS.

I'm not sure if the 'voodo' comment was meant to somehow ridicule Lukaku. But I think it was an unnecessary thing to bring up nearly 12 months after it happened

I imagine voodoo messages might be open to interpretation...he may have received instruction to join a club with hordes of plastic fans...

Not as daft as it sounds mate. Lukaku was desperate to sign for Chelsea, we blagged him and sold to Utd, the spirits are angry... We're cursed! Our season has gone down the toilet, our signings have been rubbish, Chelsea did us over on Ross, and Big Sam ended up out manager. Some real bad juju, right there.

I appreciate all of this my friend. Maybe I’m just being a little sensitive but I just don’t think the “Fab Four” comment was a clever thing to say. It smacks of small mindedness and dare I say it, bitterness. I’m sure in reality he’s just being a bit tongue in cheek but why make a direct comparison with that lot and open up yourself for mocking and laughter? And I know I know, people will say who cares or listens to the RS, but by making that comparison HE suggests that he’s very much aware of them.

Worse, why make a direct comparison when we’ve just lost our latest derby, been knocked out the cup and had our season effectively finished by our local rivals? A derby were by his own terms 3 of our Fab Four started and two of theirs did. That’s not exactly fabulous *jazz hands* is it?

For me he can say whatever he likes about off field activities provided we see action. But this is not a season to be throwing around terms like “fab four”, whatever the context. And I repeat, definitely not after Friday’s game. We have been a massive disappointment this year- him sticking it to kopites doesn’t change that.

And honestly, he knows what he’s doing when he says “fab four”, it’s no accident he uses that phrase, it’s used specifically. He doesn’t just pull it out the air, although it’s probably out of his backside. He’s hoping blues will enjoy it, but I think our ambitions are a little loftier and our concerns greater than how much needle our owner can stick to the RS.
I understand your reservations and concerns, they are not unfounded. But, 40 odd (very odd!) years of supporting Everton have taught me to just not worry about it. We're a bit of a basket -case. Embrace it, and have a laugh

..interesting point in his interview was that it’s very difficult to even ‘maintain the status quo’. For me, that’s all about being efficient and successful in the transfer market.

Moshiri is right in saying there has been massive investment in transfers but that investment has not been realised on the pitch. Indeed, there’s a strong argument to suggest the squad is worst than it was. Koeman has been sacked for this, we don’t know the level of Walsh’s culpability but it has to be a concern that he’s still involved in the process.

Until we become better in the transfer market we’ll always struggle to maintain the status quo. I hope Moshiri realises this.

I think he knows mate.

If Walsh's involvement with transfers isn't working, both on the pitch in the short term and, probably just as importantly, in terms of bringing young players through for a profit who aren't quite at first team level, then Walsh will be looking for a new job as well at some time. Walsh's task is more long-term than a manager's so he'll get longer than Koeman, but he'll be very conscious that he's under scrutiny.

I'm not sure if the 'voodo' comment was meant to somehow ridicule Lukaku. But I think it was an unnecessary thing to bring up nearly 12 months after it happened
I tend to disagree. I think there needs a little explorative analysis of exactly what went on, who Mrs Lukaku talked to, and what was said.
Fortunately, in GOT, the internet possesses no better forum to undertake said analysis.

I tend to disagree. I think there needs a little explorative analysis of exactly what went on, who Mrs Lukaku talked to, and what was said.
Fortunately, in GOT, the internet possesses no better forum to undertake said analysis.

Maybe, Just think it was clear he wanted to move on and we need to as well. For me the fact he was desperate to sign for Chelsea and ended up signing for Man Utd shows he just wanted to leave for a club challenging for the top honours, which sadly we arent!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back