Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He can do so (transfer the shares) if he wishes but it leaves him in exactly the same position with regards to acquiring shares in any other Premier League club, i.e. he could not acquire shares in any other Premier League club.
Is this because he would be deemed to be the beneficial owner of the shares?

Is this because he would be deemed to be the beneficial owner of the shares?

Not really, the Premier League Handbook uses the term "connected parties" using the definitions laid down in the takeover code.

Thus close family members would all be deemed as one, so moving shares from one family member to another would have no effect.

What client confidentiality? He isn't working on it, he just heard it. If it was fact I would have said he's working on the case and knows he paid 40 million towards the stadium. Wind your neck in
If either party is a client of the firm ( regardless of whether your mate is directly involved ) and the information is released by an employee that is a breach of client confidentiality

Welcome to the site. Would be good if you could introduce yourself here mate:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/forums/new-signings.42/

Just a couple of things. I explained what I believe to be his mindset through the investment decisions that Usmanov and Moshiri have both made in recent days plus his public statement.

Usmanov stated the following:
"In line with my previously stated objective, I can confirm that I have purchased the whole stake of Farhad Moshiri, thereby increasing my holding in Arsenal to over 30 per cent and securing my position as the second largest shareholder.

“I am committed to Arsenal and I will proudly retain my holding as a long-term investment for myself and my family to enjoy and benefit for generations to come."

That's a very clear statement in terms of his mindset and is confirmed by his actions.

One last thing, it is not and never has been my intention to smother debate, far from it. However that does not mean I cannot present my own opinion backed by the words and actions of the person I was talking about.

Look forward to your further contributions.

I do not necessarily disagree with your analysis of Usmanov's position but as the hard nosed negotiator that he must be to have acquired his wealth he is hardly likely to say " well I want to sell my shares asap to join my join my long term partner in his wonderful my new project " is he?

As any negotiator knows you never reveal your hand and specifically if somenoe wants something you don't let them know you are willing to let it go until you have secured the best possible price.

I am not saying that that is what Usmanov is doing with this public utterance but equally I would not base your argument upon it either.

City have massively improved theirs since the Abu Dhabi group have been in charge, imagine if we could get close to something that City have, id love us to have our own version of that Etihad Campus.

Probably wont happen, but Liverpool, Man City & Chelsea have all chucked money, decent money at their Ladies teams, you think we'll do the same under Moshiri?

He's already splashed out on a new kit for them

Iran-women.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back