Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Actually quite amusing to see the amount of bitter reds who have not really tried to spar for an argument, posting about 20 years and shadow related guff.

They are, it would seem, rattled.

My brother always stated about how uncontrollably vile and aggressive they become once we are a serious threat.

Hopefully we are about to kick their hornets nest off a cliff.
Feck that set the nest on fire, piss on it then deficate on it then send it rolling down the hill

That's an understatement, if it happens they won't be able to handle it and people will fall out with you who thought it was alright for years to give you stick.

Oh 100%. Junior school was vicious in the mid 80's.
The whole 'friendly derby' was a nonsense once we started to threaten top spot. My brother got his glasses broken at Anfield when Sharp scored the best goal ever.

Kenwright has been increasing his over the past few yrs whilst knowing we are (allegedly) up for sale

Kenwright last purchased a small number of shares in 2011, and it was a fractional increase compared to his overall holding.

One of the oddities of Everton's shares is that they have traded at a substantial discount to the likely "takeover price". You could acquire Everton shares before Christmas for less than a third of the price the Moshiri transaction has been priced at.

It's ok folks, someone on RAWK has said exactly what's going to happen under Moshiri and what his intentions are..

"Their giddiness and delusion over this investment is hilarious but understandable. They've essentially gone from shopping in Aldi to shopping in ASDA. Moshiri on his own isn't going to pump a great deal of money into the club. He's been described as a glorified accountant and that has a ring of truth to it but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Everton need someone like him with some nous with money to get them on their feet and to head in the right direction. It won't be easy - they are a small club with a small fanbase with limited commercial appeal and a stadium that is dilapidated and barely fit for purpose. They are the facts, that is not me speaking to belittle them or to claim our superiority. They were great in the 80's and once were a big club but times have changed and football has changed and they've regressed on and off the pitch.

They have delusions of grandeur about what this investment actually means. Moshiri is worth a touch over a billion. In this current climate that's pretty small fry though and they don't understand it. Any money that they spend this summer and beyond will probably not come from him. The TV money and any other commercial deals they get will fund their transfers, not Moshiri. There's always a possibility that he participates in some good PR work and directly funds a transfer early on or perhaps puts a couple of million extra in to fund one that won't get done otherwise. Yet the idea that a man worth just over £1bn is going to put tens of millions into buying new players is naive. He's a businessman, he's still worth a hell of a lot of money and he hasn't achieved that by throwing that money on things that don't have a high chance of working out.

He's investing at the right time, I'll give him that. In 5 years time providing they stay in the league and continue to float around mid-table or slightly better then he'll be able to sell for a nice profit. He won't have to do much as I said, he'll just balance the books, use the TV money to spend on players and get a couple of better sponsors. Everton fans don't realise that we aren't in the late 90's anymore. They will have to spend decent money to stay still. £20 million quid today is spent on a defensive midfielder... by Stoke. I don't know what they are expecting to happen. Their best signings this summer will be those who stay, not who comes in. Sure, they'll likely spend big for them but others teams will do the same and those other teams are already in a much better position than them (West Ham, Southampton, Stoke, Leicester, Spurs).

Usmanov is a pipe dream. He's just increased his stake in Arsenal. Why would he gamble on having to invest hundreds of millions in Everton due to a new stadium and players when he has a sure cash cow with Arsenal? Power, apparently. He wants glory. Well, maybe. But the idea that he's likely to get glory by investing in a club that's the second biggest in it's own small city rather than a club with a 60,000 seater stadium in the heart of one of the world's biggest cities is insane. If he was going to do it he would have done it. He has more money than he knows what to do with, there wouldn't need to be any staged investment or planning. He wouldn't need Moshiri to get the ball rolling. If Usmanov wanted Everton then Kenwright would have sold to him faster than you could say "Where's the Arteta money?"

So, on the whole, it's probably good news for them. However they won't really move forwards, they'll likely stay where they are. And they should be grateful of that because they've gone backwards for as long as I can remember"

That's, is a worried chap, and is one the most bitter and hate filled post I have ever read. This is ace.

Kenwright last purchased a small number of shares in 2011, and it was a fractional increase compared to his overall holding.

One of the oddities of Everton's shares is that they have traded at a substantial discount to the likely "takeover price". You could acquire Everton shares before Christmas for less than a third of the price the Moshiri transaction has been priced at.
Do you think it will be approved today?

Oh 100%. Junior school was vicious in the mid 80's.
The whole 'friendly derby' was a nonsense once we started to threaten top spot. My brother got his glasses broken at Anfield when Sharp scored the best goal ever.

I was in the Kop when we won 2 - 0 and they lost it then too, that for me is when the friendly derby ceased, they couldn't handle us doing well. Let's now give them a reason to be bitter. They throw the bitter comment out at us but they're no different.

It's not so much what he's said as what he's done. You don't normally double your stake in a Company that you no longer wish to hold.
But Esk he's not doubled anything really, R&W still have what they started with.

Usmanov for me did his best mate a favour so he was in a position to buy into Everton, before we were sold to someone else.

At least now, and we don't know if they have discussed it, Usmanov has a way out of Arsenal to co-run a Prem club if he wants it, Moshiri would welcome him to take shares in us.

Once Moshiri has been touched by this club and according to Martinez he already has, he'll be telling his mate how great it is to be at Everton, things could change.

Usmanov will never control Arsenal, the battle there with Kroenke is personal, when Kroenke is no longer well enough to run Arsenal he'll pass it down to his family, he's already said that.

I was in the Kop when we won 2 - 0 and they lost it then too, that for me is when the friendly derby ceased, they couldn't handle us doing well. Let's now give them a reason to be bitter. They throw the bitter comment out at us but they're no different.

I actually think they are different in that they are the ones who are bitter.
I admired Man United under Ferguson and appreciated what a fabulous team he built in the late 90's. Kopites despise them.
I enjoyed watching Bergkamp and Henry in that magical Arsenal team. Again hated by our neighbours.
Infact any team that has done well or threatened their imaginary position as best team in the land have been vilified and disrespected.
They are the most hate filled, bitter bunch on the planet and yet they call it us?
I hate them because they ruined our European dreams in 85 with there vile actions. Nothing to do with how successful they once where (and pretend that they still are bizarrely).
Before the 60s Liverpool FC where fairly irrelevant on Merseyside. Everton dominated the football landscape. I hope that this takeover and new investment will see a return of us back at the top, only this time minus the slab chucking from that lot.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back