Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Serious Answer

1. What does my current or futre commitment to Everton Football Club have anything to do with the comments from Moshiri?
2. Why have you chosen to focus on me rather than the subject matter at hand?
3. If I choose to step away from the club as others have done so on other points of principle do you think my passion for the club would diminish?

There are far greater matters at hand here then my personal commitment to the club - owners come and go but the blue spirit never leaves.

Lets see what happens next but frankly that is a shocking post you have put up given the subject matter at hand.
TLDR: "I didn't answer any of the questions"

..they were employees. Regardless, there are things said and done in confidence that shouldn’t be broadcast. I think it was enough to say the club did all they could to keep Lukaku but despite this the player wanted to leave. I was uneasy when I read the comments, I think they were unnecessary.

..it largely depends on his reasons for saying what he did. You surely try and keep a sense of decency and diplomacy in your response even if it was designed to emphasise what he was up against in his efforts to keep the player.

Are the responses of any sane person...

[QUOTE="MartSlinger, post: 6065888, member: 12210"]The press still managed to get the context of it all wrong despite them being their reporting his every word.

Never once stated that Lukaku believed in Voodoo and never suggested that that was even the reason he never signed the contract, however, Paul Joyce and his little cronies have suggested it to be like that, when is wasn't.[/QUOTE]

What have I missed? From the quotes it was pretty clear what he was suggesting. Did he say something else as well?

Heard him yesterday on the OS talking about the new player Tosun. "He looked fantastic when we scouted him, but who knows it might just have been a flash in the pan *laughs*"

£20M thrown at a player and he thinks that's an appropriate comment.

There's something disturbing about Moshiri. I despair at the certain knowledge our own Sam Hammam is going to say more and more in public and drag us further down.
There are plenty on here whose sole purpose in life is to drag us down, so Mosh will not be alone.

Relegation or creation of a super league would not instantly mean we will default. Look at how much the clubs in the championship earn. With parachute payments and the slush fund, it should allow the team to be trimmed to reduce the wage bill to levels of income that we will get.

It's like anything else first priority is where you live, everything else can be arranged around it. 15 million to a football club isn't much, the naming rights would probably cover most of that payment. Do the math 40000 x £29 = £50,000,000 that is not a wild assumption that we can pull in 40k in a lower division.
But that's a huge assumption. If we are relegated do you really think we will get 40K people going to the game? If we get relegated and have to keep up the repayments do you think we will have the available money to invest in the squad to get us back up to the premier league? Parachute payments only last for so long and many clubs go down and are never heard of again.

I'm not saying it can't happen but what has changed since Moshiri has come in?

We couldn't get the council to do this before so why do people think they can get them to do so now. If Moshiri was bringing in a large chunk of money I can see the council going for it. It would be a public private partnership that government seems to love in today's world however I think we also need to brace ourselves that the council are basically saying we need to find the 1/3rd of the money and this is Anderson setting up the club for failure. He probably suspects we can't raise the money and this is him when the whole thing falls apart looking to pin the blame on Moshiri.

What we need is Moshiri to put up the rest of the money and then kicking it back to Anderson and the council but I'm not 100% certain Moshiri has any desire to do that. I think he thought he could get the council (due to the games) to pay for it and he would be able to flip us for a nice big profit with very little risk to himself. It looks to me since the CW games fell through the people involved are managing the fallout and hoping the poo doesn't land on them.

We still have got more chance of this happening than any redevelopment of Goodison. That's a non starter. Sorry @davek.

Heard him yesterday on the OS talking about the new player Tosun. "He looked fantastic when we scouted him, but who knows it might just have been a flash in the pan *laughs*"

£20M thrown at a player and he thinks that's an appropriate comment.

There's something disturbing about Moshiri. I despair at the certain knowledge our own Sam Hammam is going to say more and more in public and drag us further down.
OMG I can't believe he said that.

He's basically saying he doesn't trust our scouting department and Walsh.

Serious Answer

1. What does my current or futre commitment to Everton Football Club have anything to do with the comments from Moshiri?
2. Why have you chosen to focus on me rather than the subject matter at hand?
3. If I choose to step away from the club as others have done so on other points of principle do you think my passion for the club would diminish?

There are far greater matters at hand here then my personal commitment to the club - owners come and go but the blue spirit never leaves.

Lets see what happens next but frankly that is a shocking post you have put up given the subject matter at hand.

Well, firstly, you didn't answer of the questions, and secondly, I don't know why you're getting so arsy.
To be fair, I don't think I answered your question, so I'll step back in time and do that now :-

Everton fan base have a decision to make - do you want to follow a club that potentially could be facing litigation for racist comments.

The club won't be facing litigation, if it happens, that would be a personal thing between Lukaku and Moshiri.
As for making a decision, well, I'd rather Moshiri hadn't said what he did, even if it was true, I think it was unprofessional to say it, but I'd still follow the club.

Your question implies that the fanbase should do something to try and oust Moshiri. Assuming that's what you meant, then you're fully entitled to hold that view, and you're also fully entitled to try and sway people towards your view, whether that be on here or at the ground or anything else, and I don't have a problem with you, or anybody else, demonstrating or whatever towards that end.

However, certainly at this moment in time, I won't be with you on that. Moshiri's by no means perfect, but I think he's a damned sight better than any realistic alternatives. But, if you've got any realistic alternatives to offer, then I'm all ears, but I think you're just blustering for blustering's sake.

Anyway, back to my questions. I asked you those on the assumption that you want Moshiri out, and the premise of the question, which perhaps I didn't fully explain, was that, if you want the fanvase to revolt in some way in an attempt to force Moshiri out,and you fail, then will you still follow the club ? I think the question is a fair one, because it's just taking your question, which is essentially "Will you follow the club with Moshiri in charge, or are you going to do something about it", and turning it on it's head and asking "Will you follow the club with Moshiri in charge if you fail to oust him ?"

So, what's your answer ?

Maybe our illustrious owner just has a wicked sense of humour when making press comments??? Lol. Or maybe he's just too open paged with his thoughts!

And just an as lib, but any Everton supporter that seriously wants Mosh out needs a reality Nd common sense check. The club has moved forward so very much since he got here. Yes, mainly off the pitch, but the transfers can't rest solely on his shoulders!!! I agree he needs to address the personal on the board and our senior figures, but after the nightmare we have been through, caused by a certain Mr Koeman in my opinion, let's give the fella a chance to translate his off field progress into the pitch. I'm sure Big Sam isn't his future preference, the 18 month deal offered surely proves this. We are Everton,, we are not amongst the top 6-7 clubs, current stature wise, in the premier league. As fans let's be real and understand that!
Our owner wasn't heavily involved at Arsenal, we know that, he's learning on the job, but still, in my opinion making strides, off the pitch at least.
Personally I'm happy to just get through this season, get SC back, hopefully as good as ever, and see what the summer brings. In fighting and backbiting isn't solving anything for me.

Your Everton is my Everton and we are Everton together first and foremost. COYB!!!!!

The issue is you took away a little part of what he said and removed all context, there was nothing wrong with what he said.
He said our new £20M might well be a flash.

How is does that need context?

Give the context that makes it look better than some clueless all over the shop belter talking our of his arse....again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back