Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Err, you do know that at the time Moshiri bought us, Durban were still expected to host the 2022 games and Birmingham were always going to be more likely to get a shout at the games than Liverpool was. Using your reasoning, he should have bought WBA, Birmingham or Villa.

ffs, why am I even engaging with you

*goes for a lie down
Birmingham and Villa aren't in the premier league and none of those teams had Lukaku, Stones and Barkley who could be sold to raise close to 200m.

Plus and I know some people here have been trying to compare us to those teams recently in the eyes of the football world but that's nonsense. Everton are still a big name throughout Europe even if we have a mid-table squad today and even though we may not have won anything in ages we are still a big club with name recognition. At the very least this helps us attract players and sponsorship.

The figure he paid wasn't high. Those clubs wouldn't have been substantially less.

Birmingham and Villa aren't in the premier league and none of those teams had Lukaku, Stones and Barkley who could be sold to raise close to 200m.

Plus and I know some people here have been trying to compare us to those teams recently in the eyes of the football world but that's nonsense. Everton are still a big name throughout Europe even if we have a mid-table squad today and even though we may not have won anything in ages we are still a big club with name recognition. At the very least this helps us attract players and sponsorship.

The figure he paid wasn't high. Those clubs wouldn't have been substantially less.

... and, just like with your previous incarnations, you totally ignore any point that someone makes which makes you look stupid, and move the goalposts. You're essentially davek without the intellect and sense of humour !

... and, just like with your previous incarnations, you totally ignore any point that someone makes which makes you look stupid, and move the goalposts. You're essentially davek without the intellect and sense of humour !
You said if he was interested in buying a club that was going to host the CW games he should have bought those clubs instead.

I then listed why we were still a better option than those clubs. I didn't just address your point but I answered it about as directly as possible although I see you still can't argue without insulting someone.

Davek has a sense of humour?

o_O

Lets hope it is Usmanovs money as we can't keep spending the money we have been without some form of success.

Around £290 million (positive net spend of about £130 millon) we've spent since the summer of 2016 - mental really when you consider we still need another 2-3 signings to come in. Hopefully we can claw in another £40-50 million from the sales of Mirallas, Klaassan, Sandro, Niasse, Martina, Lennon and Besic over these next 2 windows.

You said if he was interested in buying a club that was going to host the CW games he should have bought those clubs instead.

I then listed why we were still a better option than those clubs. I didn't just address your point but I answered it about as directly as possible although I see you still can't argue without insulting someone.

Davek has a sense of humour?

o_O

But you said.

I honestly think he bought us because there was a very good chance of us winning the Commonwealth games so no

And at that point, Durban were hosting the games. So you are taking out of your hoop.

although I see you still can't argue without insulting someone.

You've made what could be a serious error here lad.
If that's not an admission of having been here before, than I don't know what is.

:coffee:

@roydo, what say you ?
Is this an admission of guilt or not ?

But you said.

And at that point, Durban were hosting the games. So you are taking out of your hoop.

I've already told him that mate, but he got upset about me calling him names, so, whatever you do, don't tell him to stfu !

If that's not an admission of having been here before, than I don't know what is.

@roydo, what say you ?

I've already told him that mate, but he got upset about me calling him names, so, whatever you do, don't tell him to stfu !
I've been here long enough to know you and your type.

@roydo, what say you ?

That's perfectly fine on here mate

Randy Lerner - came into Villa with good intentions. Trusted the "proper football men" around him and gave a blank cheque to experienced PL managers, who spent big money on a core of experienced players.

Absolutely crippled the club in the long run as they realised 30 year old players have no resale value, the wage bill was massive and unless Lerner continued to invest £100m+ each season they'd go under. So they cut back massively and got relegated.

Every £50m (wages+fees) spent on a player 28 or older is money you will not be getting back. We've got about 6 signings from the last 18 months who fit that description - £300m or so will be spent on Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Walcott and Rooney.

Randy Lerner - came into Villa with good intentions. Trusted the "proper football men" around him and gave a blank cheque to experienced PL managers, who spent big money on a core of experienced players.

Absolutely crippled the club in the long run as they realised 30 year old players have no resale value, the wage bill was massive and unless Lerner continued to invest £100m+ each season they'd go under. So they cut back massively and got relegated.

Every £50m (wages+fees) spent on a player 28 or older is money you will not be getting back. We've got about 6 signings from the last 18 months who fit that description - £300m or so will be spent on Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Walcott and Rooney.

Don't think it would be that much, for transfer fees alone you're probably looking at about £145m. Give or take a combined £450K a week, over 4 years comes to about another 90m.

£230m over 4 seasons is about 60m a season for those lads, and our seasonal breakdown for 16/17 was £130m - with Farhad's cheque book we're not outspending our means which the likes of Villa may have been.

To add: I do agree with your point about investing in more profitable options though.

Don't think it would be that much, for transfer fees alone you're probably looking at about £145m. Give or take a combined £450K a week, over 4 years comes to about another 90m.

£230m over 4 seasons is about 60m a season for those lads, and our seasonal breakdown for 16/17 was £130m - with Farhad's cheque book we're not outspending our means which the likes of Villa may have been.

To add: I do agree with your point about investing in more profitable options though.
Farhad's chequebook doesn't come into it mate. Player sales + massive tv revenue increase from £82M to £135M per annum covers the wastage so far.

Basically since Sam Hammam has come in we've squandered the sale of our family silver for once in a generation player fees for Lukaku and Stones.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back