Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
One of your ‘suggestions’ is the tax payer footing the bill for some of the stadium because we’re the catalyst for a city-benefitting project, the other is scaling the project down, which no sane fan wants and the third is trying to redevelop Goodison.

Can you tell me how we’d go about redeveloping Goodison? Do we knock that school down or kick people out of their homes? What about late hours and the noise pollution in a housing area? Completely unrealistic idea.

This stadium has to happen, for even the slightest chance of Everton ever being a successful club again.
Done all that already.

If a stadium has to happen then we should be looking for a better deal than the one presently offered.

Because the football club wants the stadium, and the tax payers won't allow £500m to be gifted to a privately owned footie team at a time of austerity to get it - it's that simple.

...and Everton are a club that would expose itself dangerously to levels of debt.

All of which sounds like a good reason for all parties to walk away or rethink the whole scheme.

It amazes me it really does: the relaxed attitude to taking on a debt of this magnitude as a result of a scheme put forward by some feller no one had heard of 22 months ago and who is quite obviously a flakey character at the best of times.

Yes, Mosh, you place that £600M on our tab. No problem. Nothing ever changes in football, safe as houses. I mean it's not as if there's ever been breakaway leagues or top flight clubs that crash through the PL trap door or tv deals that go pop is it?...Hold on....

...and Everton are a club that would expose itself dangerously to levels of debt.

All of which sounds like a good reason for all parties to walk away or rethink the whole scheme.

It amazes me it really does: the relaxed attitude to taking on a debt of this magnitude as a result of a scheme put forward by some feller no one had heard of 22 months ago and who is quite obviously a flakey character at the best of times.

Yes, Mosh, you place that £600M on our tab. No problem. Nothing ever changes in football, safe as houses. I mean it's not as if there's ever been breakaway leagues or top flight clubs that crash through the PL trap door or tv deals that go pop is it?...Hold on....
I asked you to back this claim up before and you didn’t.

Some serious slandering of a man’s name here who you know nothing about.

I asked you to back this claim up before and you didn’t.

Some serious slandering of a man’s name here who you know nothing about.
Is it? Have a listen to his interviews with fellow clown Jim White and read his comments again about voodoo and club transfers...then go and read the definition of FLAKEY.

Is it? Have a listen to his interviews with fellow clown Jim White and read his comments again about voodoo and club transfers...then go and read the definition of FLAKEY.
So you’re ignoring his positive attributes that has made the man a billionaire? He is one of the top men in his professional field, but Davek from GOT, who’s never met him, knows all about what he can and can’t deliver.

No risk, no reward. We can stay at Goodison whilst all our competitors continue to out-muscle us, we can wait for the green light on a public donation of £500m from the tax payers which will never come, or we can have the guts to take the initiative and move things to the next level ourselves.

No risk, no reward. We can stay at Goodison whilst all our competitors continue to out-muscle us, we can wait for the green light on a public donation of £500m from the tax payers which will never come, or we can have the guts to take the initiative and move things to the next level ourselves.

Indeed, or like Dave says we could hang on. In 20 years an industrial estate might open up on the outskirts of Liverpool and Home Bargains are willing to provide some tools and materials to build a new 45k stadium that will cost by that time £950 million.

For a place in the heart of the city it is worth getting in to (a manageable) debt to give us the best chance to maximise revenues from that location. It is why they dismissed SC. We have an outside chance to take back the city and this is step 1 in that process.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back