Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Is there anyone in the forum with any genuine knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes who can answer these questions?
Did Moshiri appoint Allardyce to keep us in the league this season, with the intention of paying him off in the Summer and appointing a long-term manager? Will Walsh be sacked in the Summer? Does Moshiri now see that the board, communications, and administration of the club are dysfunctional and a complete overhaul is needed?
I voted for Disappointed, but that'll be an understatement if it's not Yes to all three questions.

Surely he must be close to fuming though, privately, if he isn't actually fuming already.

He comes in as the saviour, and 2.5 years down the road finds the club in a worse state than he found it, with over £200m spent on transfers, for nothing.

Bottom line - he appointed Koeman, Walsh, and Allardyce.

That mess of a summer took some doing, it will take us years to rid ourselves of the damage.

I'll say he has made honest mistakes with very genuine intentions behind them but whatever pretence he had of himself in terms of backing his judgement on football matters needs to stop - he needs his own CEO and board and let the CEO get on with running the club day to day.

At present he is part of the muddle, rather than trying to solve it.
Well written.
If the first line isn't actually happening with him, then he is not the man to take Everton forward on field.

The summer transfer business has wrought damage upon Everton. I suggest our 2018 net debt levels will be 40 million pounds higher than those at March 2017 (it's difficult to know exactly due to not knowing the timing differences of receipts ( from player sales) vs payments for purchased players.
Has Moshiri covered that debt? Don't know but I would not be surprised to see that Chinese Bank's credit line facility has been drawn upon.

Moshiri certainly has extended the club money to settle pre-existing debt plus a extra for purchases in 2016.

But given the extent of 2017's absolute balls-up in spending on dross, I would not be surprised if he is not now a little shy to dedicate more of his own money ('throwing good money after bad' scenario).

The debt he's extended is quasi-equity because, to all intents and purpose, he ain't getting it out. That was supposed to happen only if Everton was successful in its spending (i.e. in attaining a 'good' ROI)...it wasn't: our on-pitch performance has seen to that.

Next summer, we will see sales exceed purchases, is my guess.

I also think talk of a 500 mio pound stadium is pie in the sky. Interest rates are rising sharply and I can't see an appetite from debt providers to furnish the readies.

In short: lower your expectations lads; Everton has got a bit of wood to chop ahead of it....and I think Mr Moshiri's axe has been significantly blunted.

The summer transfer business has wrought damage upon Everton. I suggest our 2018 net debt levels will be 40 million pounds higher than those at March 2017 (it's difficult to know exactly due to not knowing the timing differences of receipts ( from player sales) vs payments for purchased players.
Has Moshiri covered that debt? Don't know but I would not be surprised to see that Chinese Bank's credit line facility has been drawn upon.

Moshiri certainly has extended the club money to settle pre-existing debt plus a extra for purchases in 2016.

But given the extent of 2017s absolute balls-up in spending on dross, I would not be surprised if he is not now a little shy to dedicate more of his own money ('throwing good money after bad' scenario).

The debt he's extended is quasi-equity because, to all intents and purpose, he ain't getting it out. That was supposed to happen only if Everton was successful in its spending (i.e. in attaining a 'good' ROI)...it wasn't.

I also think talk of a 500 mio pound stadium is pie in the sky. Interest rates are rising sharply and I can't see an appetite from debt providers to furnish the readies.

In short: lower your expectations lads; Everton has got a bit of wood to chop ahead of it....and I think Mr Moshiri's axe has been significantly blunted.

Most of what we have sold is probably how we’ve bought. When a new manager comes again he will want to make the team his own.

Most of what we have sold is probably how we’ve bought. When a new manager comes again he will want to make the team his own.
Yes Matty, but unlike Koeman (who had free rein), our next manager will be very constrained on spending moneys (above what gets sold). Maybe Allardyce is here for a longer haul?
Regardless, I genuinely think this years parlous performance has really been an apotheosis of 'Everton that'.

I suspect Mosh-man regrets ever meeting Blue Bill

But given the extent of 2017's absolute balls-up in spending on dross, I would not be surprised if he is not now a little shy to dedicate more of his own money ('throwing good money after bad' scenario).

The debt he's extended is quasi-equity because, to all intents and purpose, he ain't getting it out. That was supposed to happen only if Everton was successful in its spending (i.e. in attaining a 'good' ROI)...it wasn't: our on-pitch performance has seen to that.

Ooooooorrrr... You are totally wrong.

Why isn't he putting any of his own money into the stadium?
Do you agree that if he puts in, say 49% of the anticipated what, say £600m seems to be the expected final bill then all other shareholders should contribute at the same equivalence to their holding. If as some seem to think that Moshiri is going to walk away with a fortune in profit then let’s see the colour of every other shareholders contributions or will they all just ride off into the sunset having made a profit off Moshiri’s investment and acumen.

If as some seem to think that Moshiri is going to walk away with a fortune in profit then let’s see the colour of every other shareholders contributions or will they all just ride off into the sunset having made a profit off Moshiri’s investment and acumen.

Well no, they won't profit from Moshiri's investment because all of their shares are subject to a options at the acquisition value.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back