Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
So he is the first owner to get stung on managers wasting money? Don’t be daft. Also, he doesn’t even hold a seat on the board...yet.

Anderson was interviewed under caution so that they can use the information he provides the police as evidence in an ongoing fraud investigation case, he isn’t under suspicion of fraudulent activity.

Not once have Everton said they are struggling to find the investment for the stadium. Moshiri is on record saying “We WILL have a new stadium”.

Carry on the scaremongering, pal. Must be easy to just pick the most negative slant in any given scenario, covering all the bases.
I suggest you read up on what questioned under caution implies mate. You wouldn't want to have it hanging over you, that's for sure.

I'm highlighting facts here and you keep talking about scaremongering. It's head in the sand avoidance of what's happening here at this club. We all need to wake up to this feller.

I suggest you read up on what questioned under caution implies mate. You wouldn't want to have it hanging over you, that's for sure.

I'm highlighting facts here and you keep talking about scaremongering. It's head in the sand avoidance of what's happening here at this club. We all need to wake up to this feller.
I know what questioned under caution means, I stated it in my reply to you. If he wasn’t questioned under a caution, anything he said could not be given in evidence. It’s a non-story, eaten up by people like you who have a clear agenda against anything associated with Everton.

You’re not stating facts. Please show me where the club have specifically said “We’re struggling to find the investment for Bradley-Moore”, you do that and I will willingly eat humble pie.

He is a man on a learning curve of owning a football club. He has trusted the wrong people, but shown he is willing to rectify mistakes by getting rid of managers. 99% of fans wanted Koeman as manager and many were happy when Steve Walsh were appointed.

He has shown he is willing to financially back the managers. He’s even given Fat Head money to spend.

IF Kenwright, Woods, Fat Head and Walsh are kept beyond this season, I’ll then say he isn’t acting in our best interests.

Re the stadium - you don’t know the details of the case, that isn’t against Anderson, and you don’t know if he is unsuccessfully ‘scrambling around’. These are your uninformed opinions. You need to start learning the difference between opinion and fact.

Stop the scaremongering, it’s getting tiresome.
No you won't, you're one of the blind who will just make up another excuse, how long has it took him to do nothing about Walsh and Elstone, he dines with the elite at this club because he is the same as them.

I know what questioned under caution means, I stated it in my reply to you. If he wasn’t questioned under a caution, anything he said could not be given in evidence. It’s a non-story, eaten up by people like you who have a clear agenda against anything associated with Everton.

You’re not stating facts. Please show me where the club have specifically said “We’re struggling to find the investment for Bradley-Moore”, you do that and I will willingly eat humble pie.

Elstone's NYE stadium update talked about a "challenge" to find the investment and that costs are not secured but sought.

There was a reason why Anderson allowed a change of plan at their end: Everton couldn't make the SPV work because they were struggling to find investors to throw in with a risky project. Hence the offer to loan 2/3rds of the sum required (at this stage) upfront.

There is absolutely no other way of reading it.

It astounds me how so many (a large minority, as per the poll above) are still hoodwinked by Moshiri despite all the evidence of his incompetency in overseeing the governance of the club (including the hiring of clueless managers), his quite obvious continuation of the Kenwright policy of sell to buy + tv cash to use on squad building, and his terrifying plan to load at least £600M debt onto Everton with that BMD stadium scheme.

It's an article of faith now though surely?

It's established beyond doubt that he's an embarrassment to Everton and his tenure has coincided with us plummeting out of the reckoning in terms of clubs that command status and respect. We've become a cautionary tale in how not to spend money and last Autumn's marathon chase for another club's manager which ended in failure and the installing of a manager like Allardyce underlined how far down into the gutter we've sunk.

But that's not the worst of it - the worst is yet to come. We'll see a lot more sales than we will purchases in the summer I fear. Other clubs around us in midtable will consolidate and one or two will threaten our place there. And that stadium scheme is going to hit some serious headwinds. Last summer with a 7th place finish and spending spree thereafter was as good as it'll get for us for quite some time. IMO this feller is completely disinterested in Everton as a football outfit and is here as long as the BMD scheme still has a shot at coming to fruition. I'd be surprised when it does get stuck in the quagmire (and it will) that he'll tolerate that or be around very much longer after it does.

*applauds

Elstone's NYE stadium update talked about a "challenge" to find the investment and that costs are not secured but sought.

There was a reason why Anderson allowed a change of plan at their end: Everton couldn't make the SPV work because they were struggling to find investors to throw in with a risky project. Hence the offer to loan 2/3rds of the sum required (at this stage) upfront.

There is absolutely no other way of reading it.
Ah, so they didn't say they were struggling. You look at any major project going on in the country right now and they will be speaking of the 'challenges'. You're choosing to read that they are struggling.

The owner is there on video saying we WILL have a new stadium. What way should I read that, Dave?

Ah, so they didn't say they were struggling. You look at any major project going on in the country right now and they will be speaking of the 'challenges'. You're choosing to read that they are struggling.

The owner is there on video saying we WILL have a new stadium. What way should I read that, Dave?

He said we need a new stadium, we will get a new stadium. Indicating we will be leaving GP no doubt of that. The land has been obtained and that is where the new stadium will be. As for design and finance let us just hang on a bit and see over the next 6 month what becomes clear.
It is rather pointless and stupid to speculate at this point in time as some are doing.

He's arrived here and we've suffered a status loss, the squad is a mess, and the stadium scheme hangs by a thread held onto at one end by a man who's just been questioned under caution by the fraud squad and at the other by a man who's scrambling around unsuccessfully after private sector investors.

Tell me none of the above is true and just opinion...

That above could have been exactly what Spurs fans were saying 10 or so years ago. Mistakes will be made when throwing a load of money around. I wonder how many supporters would have kicked out Levy if they had the chance then compared to how many would now.

To be of any relevancy to this discussion they'd have to be still struggling to get funds together even with a council loan that's designed to hand over 2/3rds towards it.

I dont know how you can see a council first saying they wont put cash into a project under any circumstances (and just act to aid Everton and facilitate investment the club attracts), and then having to rip that plan up and commit those funds itself to the project to keep it alive.

It beggars belief you cant join up the dots on that...especially when you hear the Everton CEO stating that funding is a challenge and a bigger one than first thought.

Have a think about it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back