Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I heard from a better source than you that we offered 22m and they still turned us down.
My "source" is the echo

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...s/evertons-pursuit-marco-silva-means-14329694

I've also read the other ones too but this is the first time I've actually read one stating what Watford would accept.

Plus I don't believe a club would refuse that kind of money and then sack him a couple of months later.

I know football clubs love wasting money but that's taking it too far even for them.

My "source" is the echo

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...s/evertons-pursuit-marco-silva-means-14329694

I've also read the other ones too but this is the first time I've actually read one stating what Watford would accept.

Plus I don't believe a club would refuse that kind of money and then sack him a couple of months later.

I know football clubs love wasting money but that's taking it too far even for them.

Cant believe we didn't want to pay 10 million.... Considering the money we wasted this year on players not even good enough to make our bench now, 10 mill for your manager is absolute peanuts...

And as for now, whether Moshiri should be going for Silva now thats he's free.... Well its not as simple as that really.... Things have changed.... What happened at watford after we failed to appoint Silva?... Did Silva down tools, or did his players?.....does Silva have a track record to suggest he can build a club long term? (nope), has he proven over time that his tactics at one club can be successful? (nope)....

Personally i would have liked to have seen how things would have gone for Silva at watford over the full season before we made a move for him, but we are where we are now..

Most important thing this summer, even more than the manager, is our player signings.... We needed a really good transfer window last summer, and mucked it up, so realistically we're now gonna needed 2 good years of player recruitment to slowly build a team that a good manager can work with... Right now i can only think of 3 or 4 players who are worth keeping, and thats pretty worrying..... If we dont get the team right, we'll be going through 2 managers a season every season for years to come...

Cant believe we didn't want to pay 10 million.... Considering the money we wasted this year on players not even good enough to make our bench now, 10 mill for your manager is absolute peanuts...
Who knows what's true and what isn't.

What worries me is if it is true we refused to pay 10m then there's people intentionally hyping the willingness of Moshiri to spend silly amounts for whatever reason.

And as for now, whether Moshiri should be going for Silva now thats he's free.... Well its not as simple as that really.... Things have changed.... What happened at watford after we failed to appoint Silva?... Did Silva down tools, or did his players?.....does Silva have a track record to suggest he can build a club long term? (nope), has he proven over time that his tactics at one club can be successful? (nope)....

Personally i would have liked to have seen how things would have gone for Silva at watford over the full season before we made a move for him, but we are where we are now..

Most important thing this summer, even more than the manager, is our player signings.... We needed a really good transfer window last summer, and mucked it up, so realistically we're now gonna needed 2 good years of player recruitment to slowly build a team that a good manager can work with... Right now i can only think of 3 or 4 players who are worth keeping, and thats pretty worrying..... If we dont get the team right, we'll be going through 2 managers a season every season for years to come...
Theres no point in buying players if the manager is wrong.

The type of players Big Sam would want aren't the same as a manager who wants to play a different style.

Silva didn't become a bad manager overnight. It makes no sense to not go for him now he's free unless they never really wanted him.

So what if we have to keeping making managerial changes. Most teams do.

Theres no point in buying players if the manager is wrong.

The type of players Big Sam would want aren't the same as a manager who wants to play a different style.

Silva didn't become a bad manager overnight. It makes no sense to not go for him now he's free unless they never really wanted him.

So what if we have to keeping making managerial changes. Most teams do.

Ofcourse we would be getting rid of Big Sam, goes without saying, and appointing a manager who we think can make Everton worth watching again....Big Sam was a panic appointment, it shouldn't have got to that.... We should always be appointing managers with a similar vision to what the club has long term....

but i guarantee you, even Guardiola would struggle with this bunch of players (williams, martina, sneiderlin, bolasie, niasse, klassen, vlasic all can be shipped out again..... Jags & Baines need to be replaced.... We still dont know if Coleman can recover properly....Rooney was never been a long term solution to any thing).....

Changing manager every 6 months like the other struggling clubs is fine, you get a bounce for a few games and it keeps you safe for a while....Then Eventually you run out of luck and go down....

Ofcourse we would be getting rid of Big Sam, goes without saying, and appointing a manager who we think can make Everton worth watching again....Big Sam was a panic appointment, it shouldn't have got to that.... We should always be appointing managers with a similar vision to what the club has long term....

but i guarantee you, even Guardiola would struggle with this bunch of players (williams, martina, sneiderlin, bolasie, niasse, klassen, vlasic all can be shipped out again..... Jags & Baines need to be replaced.... We still dont know if Coleman can recover properly....Rooney was never been a long term solution to any thing).....

Changing manager every 6 months like the other struggling clubs is fine, you get a bounce for a few games and it keeps you safe for a while....Then Eventually you run out of luck and go down....
I agree but even if we improve the squad we shouldn't see changing managers as such a bad thing, only to be done when close to relegation. Spurs sacked AVB among others just because he wasnt doing well enough. Same with most of the top clubs.

The only club that now sees holding on to their manager at all costs as a good thing is arsenal and frankly I think it's the reason Arsenal have been on their own slow downward slide to mediocrity.

I'm not saying we should sack just because a manager doesn't get top 6 or top 4 either. That's unrealistic but we have to see progression.

Hard to feel convinced by Moshiri.

Bill outdid him in the business stakes by allowing him 49.9% of the business while staying as the frontman.

Appointing Elstone to the board was also a very bad sign.

Moshiri made a point of being the face behind the Allardyce appointment which shows he panics and has no football knowledge.

Also the more he speaks then the bigger an idiot he sounds - McCarthy family comments, Lukaku voodoo comments etc.

If the stadium falls through or is average (which wouldn’t be surprising) then we’ve all been taken in.

Hard to feel convinced by Moshiri.

Bill outdid him in the business stakes by allowing him 49.9% of the business while staying as the frontman.

Appointing Elstone to the board was also a very bad sign.

Moshiri made a point of being the face behind the Allardyce appointment which shows he panics and has no football knowledge.

Also the more he speaks then the bigger an idiot he sounds - McCarthy family comments, Lukaku voodoo comments etc.

If the stadium falls through or is average (which wouldn’t be surprising) then we’ve all been taken in.
I don't think Bill conned him.

I just think Bill didn't 100% trust him. The situation with the shares and with Bill effectively still in control (he is chairman and Elstone is CEO plus he has more directors) is probably to make sure Moshiri doesn't gain total control until the stadium is either built or it passes a point of no return.

Well I hope this is the case.

I don't think Bill conned him.

I just think Bill didn't 100% trust him. The situation with the shares and Bill effectively still in control (he is chairman and Elstone is CEO plus he has more directors) is to make sure Moshiri doesn't gain total control until the stadium is either built it passes a point of no return.

Well I hope this is the case.

Nonsense.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back