Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Why else would it be structured that way?

Because if he took 51% immediately then the borrowings and stuff, at the time, would have needed to be changed or something. There are share agreements in place to buy Bills, and others, at an all ready agreed price, subject almost certainly to the ground being started/completed.

IIRC.

Because if he took 51% immediately then the borrowings and stuff, at the time, would have needed to be changed or something. There are share agreements in place to buy Bills, and others, at an all ready agreed price, subject almost certainly to the ground being started/completed.

IIRC.
The "or something" is what I explained.

I have no idea why taking 100% would have mattered regarding borrowing.

The "or something" is what I explained.

I have no idea why taking 100% would have mattered regarding borrowing.

I cant recall the technicalities, but its along the lines of the original loans would have had to be renegotiated as the club was in effect, a different borrower. Why that would be an issue, I have not got a clue, but that was the reasoning at the time.

Either way, it wasnt a sinister reason he took 49.9%, more an accounting/business one.

I cant recall the technicalities, but its along the lines of the original loans would have had to be renegotiated as the club was in effect, a different borrower. Why that would be an issue, I have not got a clue, but that was the reasoning at the time.

Either way, it wasnt a sinister reason he took 49.9%, more an accounting/business one.
So why is it then also linked to building the stadium.

I'm not saying it was sinister. I'm just saying Bill wanted to protect the club but I'm also not saying Moshiri hasn't the right intentions either.

Given what we have seen in the last 2 years I'm glad of that because with what has been wasted and the investment needed to replace that value along with the stadium it may be making Moshiri think twice. At least now he can't just walk away by loading us up with debt at a high interest level taking back what he gave us when he paid the debts.

So why is it then also linked to building the stadium.

I'm not saying it was sinister. I'm just saying Bill wanted to protect the club but I'm also not saying Moshiri hasn't the right intentions either.
enient
Given what we have seen in the last 2 years I'm glad of that because with what has been wasted and the investment needed to replace that value along with the stadium it may be making Moshiri think twice.

You might be right, but I dont think it was anything to do with protecting the club. It was just the way the deal was structured that was the best way at the time. There were explanations on here, in The Echo, and the club issued something as well.

You might be right, but I dont think it was anything to do with protecting the club. It was just the way the deal was structured that was the best way at the time. There were explanations on here, in The Echo, and the club issued something as well.
It doesn't need any explanation. It's simple he won't get control under the stadium is built. It is business and Bill is just protecting the club.

I'm glad of that. If he gained control before then and decided we weren't worth further investment he could leave us in a very bad way like the guy at Villa did to them. It doesn't mean he didn't have good intentions at the time but Moshiri isn't an evertonian. I doubt it would cause him to do too much soul searching if it came down to that.

It doesn't need any explanation. It's simple he won't get control under the stadium is built. It is business and Bill is just protecting the club.

I'm glad of that. If he gained control before then and decided we weren't worth further investment he could leave us in a very bad way like the guy at Villa did to them. It doesn't mean he didn't have good intentions at the time but Moshiri isn't an evertonian. I doubt it would cause him to do too much soul searching if it came down to that.

Like I say, you may be right. But I think its more to do with him being able to do stuff easier as he isnt majority share holder. The pre agreed price when he does buy them means his shareholding goes up when/if the ground gets built, but the others dont. Which is right as he is putting the money in, not Bill etc.

2 year anniversary is this week isn't it?

Good times those were.

Two years of decline.

Well done "The Mosh".

I'd love to think he is our Shinawatra, and we had to endure him for a couple of years before we were given the real deal and were launched into the stratosphere. But I'm afraid we're stuck with the gormless tit.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back