Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He will want Walsh to go for quality players in the summer, none of them will want to come to us, same problem next season
Im hoping that come the summer we appoint a proper DOF like that PSV guy and Walsh drops down to more of a head scout(it's been rumoured) like he was at Leicester, in charge of a team of scouts and stats people. I honestly think thats what has gone wrong with the recruitment since he has been here, he was head of a recruitment team at the foxes and we only brought him we should have brought all four of them imo.

He strikes me as someone with very little football knowledge. Which is weird considering he's been around Arsenal for years. He either gets some better advice and sacks Walsh or there's nothing down for us. We are going to continue a spiral down like a posh QPR.

maybe this is why Kroenke and the rest of the Arsenal board wanted Moshiri and Usmanov nowhere near the actual club with regards to decision making, maybe its more business wise than Kroenke just wanting to not let anyone play with his toys

*pictures usmanov and moshiri poking their head in the arsenal boardroom just saying "marquee signings" before they get brushed out the room like a pest*

It doesn't need any explanation. It's simple he won't get control under the stadium is built. It is business and Bill is just protecting the club.

I'm glad of that. If he gained control before then and decided we weren't worth further investment he could leave us in a very bad way like the guy at Villa did to them. It doesn't mean he didn't have good intentions at the time but Moshiri isn't an evertonian. I doubt it would cause him to do too much soul searching if it came down to that.

yeah maybe he was going to get X percent (just enough so he didn't have to do a forced full buyout (if you buy X% you have to at least make an attempt to buy the rest) and be left with the sole voice in the boardroom) but then with the loan borrowings etc it made sense to do 49.9% at that time so he didn't have to mess round with that stuff too

Moshiri in two years has pumped more money into this club Kenwright did in nearly 10 years.

He is considered an outsider but Blue Bill can do no wrong.

Moshiri’s Football knowledge isn’t perfect and I think he has made some bad mistakes and naive in terms of recruitment with Steve Walsh, Koeman and Allardyce but ultimately his biggest failure is the board.

I think he needs to find a Chairman like Roman Abramovich did who runs the day to day club matters like a David Dein character.

The day Kenwright and Elstone are out of our board will be the day, Everton will hopefully match the ambition of the club because those two are vultures who will pick the bones of our club dry for anything they can get.

Actually, Moshiri in 2 years has put more money into this club than ALL the owners combined in our entire history.
Difficult to calculate re inflation in the game. The £350,000 we paid for Bob Latchford in 1974 would be worth about £2.5 million today, whereas the £11 million we paid for Oumar Niasse was worth about £1.5 million in 1974. I'm quite confident that our Oumar aint worth 4.25 Bob Latchfords. Your probably right though, I just felt like a ramble.
Think I've just had an idea for a new thread.

I think he has genuine good intentions but obviously that isn't enough.

To some degree he is entitled to make mistakes but the next 12 months will be defining for his tenure here.

He has to appoint a new management team ready to take over early this summer. Walsh has to go too.

And there needs to be a planning application for BMD by the end of this year.

He has had his learning curve and if there is any serious intent about taking us foward he will have acknowledged the failings and ensure they are not repeated.

If things are not radically different by year end then he will have conclusively proven that he does not have what it takes to make a success of it here.

The club can either draw a line in the sand once and for all in the coming weeks and months or we will be condemned to more of the same until he tires and sells. That really is an ugly prospect. I am becoming ever more weary and apathetic as it is and think its the same for many others.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back