Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We took out more debt from a Chinese bank. Sold 200m worth of players and got probably close to an extra 100m in TV money along with better commercial deals.

I'm not the club's accountant but it doesn't seem to me that our spending has been drastically greater than what we brought in. It seems about the same which is why I doubted it.

However the point was buying shares and paying of the debt didn't actually mean the clubs bank account saw any of that money. That statement is just a simple fact.

Lets see when the accounts come out eh?

And there are more ways of financing a club than just transferring cash from one account to another.

Lets see when the accounts come out eh?

And there are more ways of financing a club than just transferring cash from one account to another.

The accounts came out and showed nothing regarding his claims, RayRay, do yourself a favour and dont bother with this 1, hes beyond clueless, he makes things up in his head and passes them off as fact, like @davek, but without the charm.

We took out more debt from a Chinese bank. Sold 200m worth of players and got probably close to an extra 100m in TV money along with better commercial deals.

I'm not the club's accountant but it doesn't seem to me that our spending has been drastically greater than what we brought in. It seems about the same which is why I doubted it.

However the point was buying shares and paying of the debt didn't actually mean the clubs bank account saw any of that money. That statement is just a simple fact.

Have a look at companies house, under the section of debts, the debts were paid FROM Everton, not Moshiri, thus, the money went in Evertons account FIRST.

The chinese overdraft wasnt touched, the accounts CLEARLY showed that and LOL, an extra 100m of TV Money?

Please, do some research on the topic you are trying to discuss.

Have a look at companies house, under the section of debts, the debts were paid FROM Everton, not Moshiri, thus, the money went in Evertons account FIRST.

The chinese overdraft wasnt touched, the accounts CLEARLY showed that and LOL, an extra 100m of TV Money?

Please, do some research on the topic you are trying to discuss.
Ok if you count it technically being in the clubs account for a nanosecond then I'll give you that.

You are right and I am wrong. Take a bow.

If you have looked at the accounts then how much exactly did he transfer into our bank account?

Ok if you count it technically being in the clubs account for a nanosecond then I'll give you that.

You are right and I am wrong. Take a bow.

If you have looked at the accounts then how much exactly did he transfer into our bank account?

He did a balance transfer from HSBC to Halifax on the APP on his phone mate.

Please, stop this, everytime I reply to you I lose 5% of my IQ.

He did a balance transfer from HSBC to Halifax on the APP on his phone mate.

Please, stop this, everytime I reply to you I lose 5% of my IQ.
You cant because none of us know. The simple facts are that our spending is roughly the same as what we have brought in. End of story. We can see that from knowing roughly how much extra we have got from TV and net sales. Our net spend in the last two years is about 90m which is roughly what the TV was. Plus you have no idea how those deals were structured. We could have received the money for Rom immediately while paying for Klassen, Sigurdsson etc in installments.

The fact is no one knows.

What I do know is buying shares and taking on the debt isn't the same as investing into the club.

I'm just going on a gut feeling and I doubt he has made available any extra money apart from what we generate ourselves.

You cant because none of us know. The simple facts are that our spending is roughly the same as what we have brought in. End of story. We can see that from knowing roughly how much extra we have got from TV and net sales. Our net spend in the last two years is about 90m which is roughly what the TV was. Plus you have no idea how those deals were structured. We could have received the money for Rom immediately and being paying for Klassen, Sigurdsson etc in installments.

The fact is no one knows.

What I do know is buying shares and taking on the debt isn't the same as investing into the club.

Im just going on a gut feeling and I doubt he has made available any extra money apart from what we generate ourselves.

I know tho.

I know how much we have spent on players, GROSS and NET, I know how much we have increased our wages by, I know how much our debt was when we paid it off, I know how much Moshiri has "invested" into the club, I know precisely how much the TV money has increased by every year, I know how much money we make from Sponsorship, ticket sales, commercial sales, I know how much we spent on Agents Fees, managers comp, staff comp.

All the above is readily available, if you look for it, so to say that nobody knows is wrong, you would be better off saying "I dont know", cos to be honest you havent got a clue, you have a misconception in your head, 1 that you have convinced yourself as fact, you then try and pass it off as fact in the hope that people will believe you, so others can join your cult of wrongness.

"Im just going on a gut feeling"

You stick with your gut, me im just gonna keep dealing in FACTS.

I know tho.

I know how much we have spent on players, GROSS and NET, I know how much we have increased our wages by, I know how much our debt was when we paid it off, I know how much Moshiri has "invested" into the club, I know precisely how much the TV money has increased by every year, I know how much money we make from Sponsorship, ticket sales, commercial sales, I know how much we spent on Agents Fees, managers comp, staff comp.

All the above is readily available, if you look for it, so to say that nobody knows is wrong, you would be better off saying "I dont know", cos to be honest you havent got a clue, you have a misconception in your head, 1 that you have convinced yourself as fact, you then try and pass it off as fact in the hope that people will believe you, so others can join your cult of wrongness.

"Im just going on a gut feeling"

You stick with your gut, me im just gonna keep dealing in FACTS.
So if you know then prove it and answer my question.

How much has Moshiri invested into the club?

Great.

That must mean we have 230m in the bank.

Bit of a surprise we couldn't afford a backup LB in January but I believe you.

Im kinda scared to ask why you think we have 230m left, AFTER, we :

Paid off Martinez
Paid off Koeman
Paid compo for Koeman
Paid compo for Sam
Paid compo for Walsh
Paid off our debts
Increased our wage bill
Bought lots of players
Paid lots of Agent fees

But im sure your gut knows better than somebody that has actually read a set of accounts.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back