Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I doubt Moshiri will turn down an opportunity to get for free a man he was prepared to pay £8M for 4 months ago.

If Silva doesn't take up a job between now and May he's ours.

8m?

My very reliable sources claim we offered 22m till they cried to their lawyers.

But 3 words could have got him the job.

I have yet to read any sensible case for appointing Silva. We really think that half-seasons improvements at Hull and Watford are the next step in our development? I'm not expecting anyone near Ancelotti, Simeone, Emery or any other CL manager, but seriously, if we are going back to the "Moyes - Martinez young untested but bright and full of potential" manager, then I would be fine with that as long as there's a football philosopshy and plan , not just a half season experiment and then a sudden lurch to appoint Tony Pulis. I think there's a back up shortlist now, and Moshiri will just pull out one of Pulis, Pardew, Hodgson, Mark Hughes and Moyesie out of his hat and come up with some Hollywood fantasy reasoning for it

I have yet to read any sensible case for appointing Silva. We really think that half-seasons improvements at Hull and Watford are the next step in our development? I'm not expecting anyone near Ancelotti, Simeone, Emery or any other CL manager, but seriously, if we are going back to the "Moyes - Martinez young untested but bright and full of potential" manager, then I would be fine with that as long as there's a football philosopshy and plan , not just a half season experiment and then a sudden lurch to appoint Tony Pulis. I think there's a back up shortlist now, and Moshiri will just pull out one of Pulis, Pardew, Hodgson, Mark Hughes and Moyesie out of his hat and come up with some Hollywood fantasy reasoning for it

I’ll try make one. I’m a big fan of him.

He was a Director of football previously. Wouldn’t be undermined by Walsh as he’d understand what we’d need quickly.

Set style of play, give him years to build and he’ll get us an identity and a backbone.

Unbelievable home record before taking Watford job and end of hull when they downed tools. He didn’t lose a home game in years. Will get the fans behind him early on with attacking football.

I think a this point a manager with a plan and set way of playing would unify the fans. What we need not another dull koeman or Sam the liar.

In football circles he’s regarded very highly and his reputation in the game is higher than Fonseca who would be another fine choice.

Whatever happens in the summer I hope Moshiri stays out of the spotlight. No need for him to be giving interviews to Jim White or telling people we have our own fab four. Makes us look proper small time saying live on air that we expect to get beaten by the better sides.

Let's get a bit of professionalism and pride going at the club.

I’ll try make one. I’m a big fan of him.

He was a Director of football previously. Wouldn’t be undermined by Walsh as he’d understand what we’d need quickly.

Set style of play, give him years to build and he’ll get us an identity and a backbone.

Unbelievable home record before taking Watford job and end of hull when they downed tools. He didn’t lose a home game in years. Will get the fans behind him early on with attacking football.

I think a this point a manager with a plan and set way of playing would unify the fans. What we need not another dull koeman or Sam the liar.

In football circles he’s regarded very highly and his reputation in the game is higher than Fonseca who would be another fine choice.

I see what you mean- so you would still rate him as a young untried manager, but with loads of potentiAl, and going on what you said I think he might not want to join us if our club looks like a comedy farce
He’ll only join us if there’s some stability and like we were for Moyes and Martinez If we look a good stepping stone to a top club

Can't blame moshiri for anything. Bought in Walsh from city after winning them the league and bringing in decent signings.

Players bought in for big money at their peak, i.e. wanted short term success, rather then a long term strategy, surely this was Walsh's decision and not moshiris.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back