Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Hope you’re right fella.

This will be a big sign of his ambition.

Allardyce and Walsh staying would to me signal the clear idea he’s happy to settle as a Premier League club while we build the stadium.

Agree mate I think that Brands looks to be coming in and I would be shocked if Fat Sam stays. As you say those pair of jessie's staying would turn most fans against Moshiri.

He's a carpet bagger.

carpetbagger
ˈkɑːpɪtbaɡə/

noun
informalderogatory
noun: carpetbagger; plural noun: carpetbaggers; noun: carpet-bagger; plural noun: carpet-baggers

1. a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections.
    • BRITISH
      a person who becomes a member of a mutually owned building society or insurance company in order to gain financially in the event of the organization demutualizing.

Ok.

carpetbagger
ˈkɑːpɪtbaɡə/

noun
informalderogatory
noun: carpetbagger; plural noun: carpetbaggers; noun: carpet-bagger; plural noun: carpet-baggers

1. a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections.
    • BRITISH
      a person who becomes a member of a mutually owned building society or insurance company in order to gain financially in the event of the organization demutualizing.

Ok.

selective quoting there I see

Top definition
carpet bagger
In the post-US Civil War South, carpetbaggers were Northerners who moved to the South to take advantage of the unstable social, financial, and political climate. They were called "carpetbaggers" to imply that they were such poor, transient characters that they merely moved south carrying all their possessions in a carpet-bag. A carpet-bag, by the way, isn't a bag for carrying carpet, but a soft-sided suitcase or satchel made out of carpet.

Today, the phrase refers to someone who moves to a new location for opportunistic reasons.

selective quoting there I see

Top definition
carpet bagger
In the post-US Civil War South, carpetbaggers were Northerners who moved to the South to take advantage of the unstable social, financial, and political climate. They were called "carpetbaggers" to imply that they were such poor, transient characters that they merely moved south carrying all their possessions in a carpet-bag. A carpet-bag, by the way, isn't a bag for carrying carpet, but a soft-sided suitcase or satchel made out of carpet.

Today, the phrase refers to someone who moves to a new location for opportunistic reasons.

Sounds like me in my uni days.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back