Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The report says Woods and a minority investor sold 13%. I am basing the figures I quoted on the sensible assumption that if Kenwright sold half his holdings, then Woods is likely to have done the same. Equally it is possible that Woods sold more than half and the minority shareholder to sell was Sir Philip Carter's estate - that would leave the Board at: Mr Moshiri 17,465 shares (49.9%), Bill Kenwright 4,522 shares (12.9%) Jon Woods 2,539 shares (7.3%) - total 24,526 (70.1%)
Touch disappointed you're not putting these in pie chart form ;)

@The Esk never let it be said that I don't own up when I'm wrong. Re-read the article without tears in my eyes, and it does mention a minorirty shareholder as well as JW.
@Woolly Blue can never have enough of figures - off to fit birds thread now.

Wait, there's a fit birds thread ? How come noones told me about this before ffs ?

See you Saturday lads, I have an appointment with Mr Kleenex

NEXT WEEK?

FFS

Friday this week mate.
Possibly

JS84037857.jpg

I've seen that face before...stop sandbagging, lad.

*goes all in*

A-- Joey Barton is a danger to himself.

B -- Looking forward to the FA ratifying the deal

C -- Usmanov or anyone else owning shares directly in the club wouldnt really matter, the key is Moshiri using his connections to obtain 'Letters of Guarantee' from people (or himself) for the banks so we can build a stadium and make other 'investments' on credit backed by Moshiri and friends...

However, reading that open letter to arsenal it appears that Moshiri and Usmanov didnt want to go down the route of borrowing for a stadium if it affected the team and prevented Arsenal from making some key signings. So it will be interesting to see how he gets the financing for the stadium.

D-- Moshiri will be making 5-10% a year on his current business interests (as a conservative amount) so actually even if he chose to 'self-fund' a stadium and also the playing staff on the drip then he would still likely not actually be losing any money on the principal and only lose the interest on his investment portfolio.

Lets say he spent £500mil over 5 years, thats likely to be the interest on his overall portfolio. So it may actually make more sense for him to underwrite everything himself and then benefit more long term.

Its very exciting and interesting!

JS84037857.jpg

I've seen that face before...stop sandbagging, lad.

*goes all in*

I actually prefer his entire profile to that of the Man City owners or any of the others in the league.

Taken to Uk by his family, becomes an accountant and then partner at Deloitte....gets brought into a Billionaires inner circle and then his fee includes 10% of the billionaires portfolio.

Self made and extremely intelligent....really a nice fit for us.

A-- Joey Barton is a danger to himself.

B -- Looking forward to the FA ratifying the deal

C -- Usmanov or anyone else owning shares directly in the club wouldnt really matter, the key is Moshiri using his connections to obtain 'Letters of Guarantee' from people (or himself) for the banks so we can build a stadium and make other 'investments' on credit backed by Moshiri and friends...

However, reading that open letter to arsenal it appears that Moshiri and Usmanov didnt want to go down the route of borrowing for a stadium if it affected the team and prevented Arsenal from making some key signings. So it will be interesting to see how he gets the financing for the stadium.

D-- Moshiri will be making 5-10% a year on his current business interests (as a conservative amount) so actually even if he chose to 'self-fund' a stadium and also the playing staff on the drip then he would still likely not actually be losing any money on the principal and only lose the interest on his investment portfolio.

Lets say he spent £500mil over 5 years, thats likely to be the interest on his overall portfolio. So it may actually make more sense for him to underwrite everything himself and then benefit more long term.

Its very exciting and interesting!
E - you're chatting wham Zat

I actually prefer his entire profile to that of the Man City owners or any of the others in the league.

Taken to Uk by his family, becomes an accountant and then partner at Deloitte....gets brought into a Billionaires inner circle and then his fee includes 10% of the billionaires portfolio.

Self made and extremely intelligent....really a nice fit for us.

Pipe down, I'm about to take all his chips here...he won't make it to the Aston, this time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back