Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The thing is though mate that's not the sort of club we are. I buy into our philosophy of trusting in managers and giving them time. We all know in the long run what bad performances lead to. We just don't need to air our dirty laundry in the press at a time we should be coming together and looking forward to the future. Say it privately with your mates sound, but don't blab to the press about it. The same press that we moan about belittling us. Just my thoughts mate

Just to add to that Barton is different, he is behind the scenes in this world. Football is his job, saying this is just business to him. We don't have that disconnect with it so for us it's far more personal

Fair do's mate and i get what you are saying but i doubt very much he has gone to the Liverpool Echo or any other paper with his views. He has been asked these questions or his views and he has given them. I also appreciate its his job but he is an Everton fan at the same time and IMO he is giving his opinion as a fan and not as somebody within football.

Saying that, his is a blert and to be honest i don't know why i'm trying to defend him in all honesty. Guess i'm just playing Devils advocate.

Following on from the Guardian announcement, the board holdings are now:

Mr Moshiri 17,465 shares (49.9%)
Bill Kenwright 4,522 shares (12.9%)
Jon Woods 3,311 shares (9.5%)

In order to make up the 17,465 shares Mr Moshiri bought 8,146 from Earl, 4,522 from Kenwright, 3,311 from Woods and acquired 1,486 from another shareholder. The only shareholders with more than 1,486 shares prior to the transaction were Granchester with 2,773 and Abercromby with 1,935, so the assumption must be they came from either of those parties.
Are these nailed on?
Guardian indicates that both BK and JW selling about 13% each.
(Un)Interestingly, JW shares acquired via his holding in True Blue (Holdings) were held by Jon Woods Limited until some time in 2006, since when the company has filed dormant accounts. If Companies House were on the ball they should have rejected the 2006 accounts as the comparatives didn't match the 2005 filed accounts. Cost £2,625,000.
Blame City for this post - I'm bored.

Reading that Echo article, it's intriguing reading just how close Moshiri and Usmanov have become and how much trust and respect Usmanov has for Moshiri.

Okay even if Usmanov has no interest in leaving Arsenal, it can't hurt for our new man to have such a powerful and wealthy friend and ally can it?
Think unless he's going to give moshiri money its irrelevant when it comes to ownership of clubs

Reading that Echo article, it's intriguing reading just how close Moshiri and Usmanov have become and how much trust and respect Usmanov has for Moshiri.

Okay even if Usmanov has no interest in leaving Arsenal, it can't hurt for our new man to have such a powerful and wealthy friend and ally can it?

Plus he will have other wealthy pals who he might bring in.

Are these nailed on?
Guardian indicates that both BK and JW selling about 13% each.
(Un)Interestingly, JW shares acquired via his holding in True Blue (Holdings) were held by Jon Woods Limited until some time in 2006, since when the company has filed dormant accounts. If Companies House were on the ball they should have rejected the 2006 accounts as the comparatives didn't match the 2005 filed accounts. Cost £2,625,000.
Blame City for this post - I'm bored.

They're nailed on if you accept that Bill and Jon both sold half their holdings, as reported.

They're nailed on if you accept that Bill and Jon both sold half their holdings, as reported.
Right, I'm going off the link to the Guardian above, which unless I misread it is reporting 13% sold by BK and JW.
Suppose the others may have come from Estate of Philip Carter, Holland (the accountant guy) and others.
Don't know and won't until announced.
City 3 goals in 3 mins ain't going to happen is it?

Following on from the Guardian announcement, the board holdings are now:

Mr Moshiri 17,465 shares (49.9%)
Bill Kenwright 4,522 shares (12.9%)
Jon Woods 3,311 shares (9.5%)

In order to make up the 17,465 shares Mr Moshiri bought 8,146 from Earl, 4,522 from Kenwright, 3,311 from Woods and acquired 1,486 from another shareholder. The only shareholders with more than 1,486 shares prior to the transaction were Granchester with 2,773 and Abercromby with 1,935, so the assumption must be they came from either of those parties.

How can Woods sell 13% and now have 9.5%, when according to the official Everton website, he only had 18.92% (6622 shares) in the first place? Surely he should only have 5.92% now?

http://www.evertonfc.com/content/club/shareholders-association/list-of-shareholders

How can Woods sell 13% and now have 9.5%, when according to the official Everton website, he only had 18.92% (6622 shares) in the first place? Surely he should only have 5.92% now?

http://www.evertonfc.com/content/club/shareholders-association/list-of-shareholders

The report says Woods and a minority investor sold 13%. I am basing the figures I quoted on the sensible assumption that if Kenwright sold half his holdings, then Woods is likely to have done the same. Equally it is possible that Woods sold more than half and the minority shareholder to sell was Sir Philip Carter's estate - that would leave the Board at: Mr Moshiri 17,465 shares (49.9%), Bill Kenwright 4,522 shares (12.9%) Jon Woods 2,539 shares (7.3%) - total 24,526 (70.1%)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back